Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:30 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,930,079 times

Advertisements

From Cumberland County, NC:

CRAIG STEVEN WHEELER, 49, chief administrator/head of private school, Eastover Christian Academy in Fayetteville, jailed for 120 sex crime charges from statutory rape to sex offense with student (14 yr old girl) to indecent liberties with child.

Wheeler is jailed under almost $6 million dollar bond.

Source: WXII12.com/today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,833,698 times
FayObserver.com - Administrator's case called isolated

An isolated "incident" - sometimes it simply astonishes me that terminology that is used w/reporters and articles. Personally, I do not consider sexual assault an "incident" - notwithstanding the sexual assault[s], this is about a violation of trust, power, fear, and those elements alone will affect this child for many years.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,896,114 times
Word association: "Pastor" = "creepy".

Old 04-30-2011, 08:38 AM

Charles, I betcha that if we had to word association w/pastor, priest, headmaster, boy scout leader there would be a mryiad of description adjectives and adverbs....especially these days.

Scary and pitiful - used to be a time that all of those positions were considered pretty much revered and respected. Yikes!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,234,088 times
Sexual encounters between teachers and students are probably more common than is realized but we seem to hear more about the female teacher/male student than any others. However, let it involve a male employee in a CHRISTIAN school with a female student, and immediately we have......ta da.....

ANOTHER CHRISTIAN BASHING THREAD!!!!

(Yay)

Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What would you expect? Of course religious organizations deserve criticism when they claim to be the spokespeople of morals and ethics.

These crimes are side lobes from their main intent of brainwashing children into believing all the superstitious religious nonsense they espouse.
Had this happened at a Jewish school I'd bet the farm no one would have DARED to start a thread about it on CD. After all, that would be "anti-Semitic"

And like I said......"another Christian bashing thread".

Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It's not christians - it's people that accept the supernatural - religion. They're all the same, just different hats.

Long list of Jewish Child Molestor Rabbis gets no media coverage and Jewish homosexual pedophiles are undisturbed. | 100777.com

Brooklyn rabbi, sons charged with sexual abuse | Reuters

Hope that helps.
Thank you. You have just proved what I said earlier.....

Had this happened at a Jewish school, it would not have been deemed worthy of its own thread on CD.....

However, let it happen at a CHRISTIAN school, and every Christian hater/basher who comes across this thread will weigh in.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
One thing is simply numbers, there are a lot more christians than jews so the odds of a christian bashing thread is a lot higher.
Lame excuse and doesn't fly. It has been politically incorrect for many decades to point out any faults amongst Jewish institutions--or to cite criminality and the criminal's Jewishness at the same time and thus make a connection--but associating criminality with the criminal's Christianity, as has been done in this thread has been quite common, and relished with glee in certain circles, for the past couple of decades.

Impropriety between teacher and young student is far more common between male teacher and female student. Yet, the media pays far more attention to the female teacher/male student scenario. Had this instance of male teacher/female student occurred at a public school instead of a Christian school, the media would have ignored it. Bet on it.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Personally, I do not call this conversation Christian-Judaic bashing at all - I call it egregious when someone in a position of trust, especially a religious leader, takes advantage of that position, and harms vulnerable children, not only physically/sexually, but emotionally and spiritually. It is a total abuse of power and it uses the sanctity of whatever religon and makes a total mockery of it -- that is not hardly a religious or spiritual leader - and note, in my dictionary, religious and spiritual are not synonomous definitions.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Personally, I do not call this conversation Christian-Judaic bashing at all - I call it egregious when someone in a position of trust, especially a religious leader, takes advantage of that position, and harms vulnerable children, not only physically/sexually, but emotionally and spiritually. It is a total abuse of power and it uses the sanctity of whatever religon and makes a total mockery of it -- that is not hardly a religious or spiritual leader - and note, in my dictionary, religious and spiritual are not synonomous definitions.
Were it not that the OP capitalized the word "Christian" in the thread title, I could agree with you that this is not another Christian bashing thread. The OP was emphasizing this was a CHRISTIAN school at which this abuse occurred. Yet, the media largely ignores the abuses of children that occurs in other institutional settings. Abuse of children occurs in all settings and across all cultures. People in positions of public trust, at any level and of any stripe, must be held to a high standard of behavior, particularly when it comes to children.

Apropos of absolutely nothing--almost 50 years ago a woman by the name of Jeane Dixon gained some fame as a seer and prophet and claimed she had predicted the assassination of JFK to several of her friends. She appeared on TV and wrote a few books. One of her predictions was that the Christian religion would eventually find itself in the cross hairs and be persecuted. She even went to far as to predict it would have to go underground. While she was certainly off on the more dire aspects of her prediction (at least in this country), she was right on target that it would be subjected to much public censure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime