Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times

Advertisements

Gets probation for molesting a nieghbor girl for 5 years!

Former UH professor gets probation after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting young girl | KHON2 Hawaii's News Leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Interesting. Assaulted from age 7 to 13. I wonder what her parents think of this? My question is why was a little girl with a man that age alone at all?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
This should send a message to all child molesters. You can now get away with it!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 AM

10 posts, read 15,342 times
was the professor polynesian?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Somewhere, somehow, sometime, some way I'll bet there's a tie in to a church or pastor or religious group.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times
He is a white math professor. I'm appalled at his sentence. Or lack of sentence, as is the case.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:12 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
I'd love to know how that happened. Oh, I know. he probably has money and or knows someone, right?
Cos, in many states (PA included) you don't have to have ANY evidence to prosecute someone for alleged sexual assault, as long as the accuser is a minor or claims they were a minor when the alleged incidents happened.
I know, because I have a loved one who was falsely accused. And, when it went to court, the prosecutor fought hard to have nearly all his evidence thrown under the rape shield laws, he ended up with ahung jury. if he'd have been able to present all his evidence, he would have been aquitted. OR if the jury would have heard the accuser out in the hallway with her family, being asked by her uncle, "Did you turn on the waterworks?" "Did you use your words?" "Do you think they bought it?"
Yeah, we made a report, and were ignored. We also overheard the prosecutor say, she didn't care about Mr.X's guilt or innocent, she just
wanted a win with so little evidence. I just love our UN-justice system.
Innocent people go to jail because they're either found guilty, even w/o evidence, or they're scared into pleaing because they know that the jury is more than likely gonna side with the accuser and when you're evidence is all but nullified, well....
Unless, you know somebody or have the Big bucks to hire a really good lawyer.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
Oh wait! So, 5 or more years later she accuses him? So, did she wait till she was 18 to accuse him?
My point exactly. We won't know if he was actually guilty or if he plead because he figured it'd be better than to be crucified in court.
I assume there was no actual proof...other than her statement
So, the way it works, is... anybody can accuse anyone (who may have had an opportunity to be alone with them) of having molested them years before.
Sounds like it's an open door to a "witch hunt" to me. Sorry, I'm jaded

Old 06-08-2012, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,542 times
pedophiles are hardly giving serious jail time in the state of Hawaii, david stegenga is a perfect exsample of this.washoe county district judge connie steinheimer on march 2 sentenced travis bowles 47 to 3 life terms for lewdness of childern he must serve 30 years to be eligible for parole,prosecutor nichole moschello said the sentence will ensure the girls safty.the sentence that david stegenga was giving does not ensure the safty of our childern. moschello said these little girls deserve the justice thay got. the little girl that david stegenga assalted from 1999-2005 did not get the justice she deserved.moschello describe travis bowles as utterly despicable, and so i will describe the sentence that was giving to david stegenga as utterly despicable and a slap in the face to all parents who live in the state of Hawaii. travis bowles assalted the girls for 6 months and was giving 30 years,david stegenga assalted that girl for 6 years and was giving probation.maybe the judge and prosecutor for david stegenga should tack a crash course in steinheimer court room on how to prosecute pedophiles.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
I am not defending him or his actions, however, that article leaves a lot of unanswered questions. "Sexually assaulting" is a very broad term. Was their actual sex involved? Or was it him fondling her? Again, not justifying the sentence or his actions, however the actual type of sexual assault can matter in sentencing.

Moreover, we really do not know what type of case the district attorney had against him. The case could have been and probably is, quite poor. Victim refusing to testify in court, and/or poor quality victim. Meaning, she has changed her story, has been caught lying, etc (No. I do not know this is the facts in this case, I am just speaking from what I have seen in similar cases) witnesses refusing to testify, no physical evidence (he said/she said), no confession, etc. This is probably the best they could get on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime