Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM

758 posts, read 1,236,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
ABC news just talked to Juror #3 and she said giving that verdict made them sick and they were all crying, even the men. But they felt they had no option but to do it.
And they did the right thing, no shame in that

Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Well it's happening ... Juror #6 has retained a publicist, Rick French, and he is sending letters out to the media in the packet that was given to the jurors.

"Our client -- a married, college-educated, 33-year-old white male with two young children -- is willing to consider granting one or more media interviews so long as the opportunities are paid."

We're told the juror has already received multiple offers from big news operations, including at least one major network. Sources tell us ... the high offers are in the "mid 5-figures."

But French insists ... sticky or not, his client ain't budging -- "He will not entertain any offers that don't include compensation for a myriad of reasons."
Wait. The first sentence. It's a bit confusing. If she retained a publicist while she was still a juror... Isn't that illegal? (It's implied if he put something in the media packets.) If this had been known before the verdict she'd have been bounced. That is a violation of the judge's instructions. Isn't it? Legal experts?

Personally, I think profiting like this is blood money. You don't make money because of the death of a little kid. Disgusting to me.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,974,480 times
I'll try that ... but it just ain't working for me right now. I am still depressed. I sincerely hope it works for you. Caylee Marie is still dead and as of today she hasn't received justice. I don't mean to depress you ok! But as Joe Friday always said ... "Just the facts, ma'am."

Last edited by Keeper; 07-06-2011 at 04:02 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM

672 posts, read 2,115,033 times
Quote:
ABC news just talked to Juror #3 and she said giving that verdict made them sick and they were all crying, even the men. But they felt they had no option but to do it.
But they didn't ask any questions about the 26 pages of instructions to make sure they all understood them correctly?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM

288 posts, read 168,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wait. The first sentence. It's a bit confusing. If she retained a publicist while she was still a juror... Isn't that illegal? (It's implied if he put something in the media packets.) If this had been known before the verdict she'd have been bounced. That is a violation of the judge's instructions. Isn't it? Legal experts?

Personally, I think profiting like this is blood money. You don't make money because of the death of a little kid. Disgusting to me.
And I think HLN is protifing from "blood money." They shouldn't be making money because of the death of a little girl and from whipping people up into a frenzy by the constant sensationalizing of this case. It is certainly unethical.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,590 times
Quote:
That means they were all REALLY IGNORANT.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I'll try that ... but it just ain't working for me right now. I am still depressed. I sincerely hope it works for you. Caylee Marie is still dead and as of today she hasn't received justice. I don't mean to depress you ok! But as Joe Friday always said ... "Just the facts, ma'am."
Caylee is dead. She doesn't "need" justice. It's the human beings left behind who seem to need the "justice" you are talking about.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
But they didn't ask any questions about the 26 pages of instructions to make sure they all understood them correctly?
That's because the jury was both stupid and ignorant. And now a child murderer is free as a bird and soon to be a multi-millionaire.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM

59 posts, read 41,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
What about all of the people that smelled human decomp in the car including Cindy, George (twice), Simon Birch, Bloise, the cadaver dog guy, Dr Vass, etc ? Who was driving the car at the time ? Who left the car at Amscot ? Means nothing I suppose ... as far as dumping the body in the woods, no one saw Scott Peterson dump Lacey in San Francisco Bay. Where is he now ? There are plenty of cases where circumstantial evidence and common sense was used to convict someone and put them away.

Also, there is no way in hell that the jury could have gone through 6 weeks of testimony and evidence in 10 hours. They had their minds made up when they started deliberating. Now they want $$$ for talking ...
That's the strange thing. George testified twice that it smelled like death because he was an ex-cop and familiar with the smell. Yet he didn't call the police or report it. It wasn't until Cindy found out the smell could have been from death that she called and reported it - I suppose George told her. A number of defense witness who smelled it also said that it was indistinguishable from a garbage-like smell.

Not to mention that the tow truck guy actually pulled out a bag of maggot infested trash - which had to at least contribute to the smell.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
When the jury has questions about jury instructions, the Judge cannot explain any further than RE-READING the instructions. What happens is that the jury would be brought back into the courtroom, after sending a written communication to the Court, and then the Court will Re-Read the instructions.

So if the jury has a hard copy of the jury instructions in the jury room with them, they can simply re-read the instructions for themselves. I believe it is the practice in most courtrooms in Florida now to provide a copy of the jury instructions to the jury when they go out to deliberate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime