Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:26 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,369 times

Advertisements

The money she ends up with after paying off the people she owes will be spent "buying" friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
I think the psychological stress will wear on her grately. And, she won't be accepted in most places in America. I don't see her assimilating in Europe or Canada either. Whenever she leaves her house, they'll be a chance someone will take the law into their own hands. Even cutting/dyeing her hair won't be enough. Maybe she should learn some Spanish and move to a small city in Mexico? I honestly can't see how her life willl play out on the outside in any productive way.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
I think she will live the good life, and while I would like to think that her conscience will haunt her, I don't believe it will. I don't think she has any remorse or feelings and just wants to do what she wants to do. Sad to say but I think that is what will happen. She might get caught in some papparazzi embarassing photos, but she won't care.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
The dirtbags will be out there to support her in the shabby style of anything for a buck. It may pan out for a while but in the end Casey will be broke and friendless when her notoriety wears off.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The money she ends up with after paying off the people she owes will be spent "buying" friends.
Yes, lots of 'new friends' who are way more street smart and even better liars than she is who will soak her for every penny.........

I don't think she will live the good life because no matter how much deceit she may cloak herself in, at the end of the day, she still has to live with her own self.
Just because people smile and party, doesn't mean they have any peace or joy in their heart.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times
I don't think Casey will be able to live "the good life" due to the incredible amount of public scrutiny and anger/scorn/disdain that is about to be released on her when she gets out of jail. Her life will probably be a living hell for a very long time, perhaps even the rest of her life. I strongly believe in people getting a second chance no matter what they have done so I can only hope that she will learn some lessons from all those experiences and eventually become a better person.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM

56 posts, read 93,589 times
I highly doubt she'll be living the good life. Unlike OJ, there was no rejoicing in the streets when she was acquitted. Everyone pretty much knew OJ was a killer, but he was a famous football player before, so that was ok. Anyone who thinks she's innocent is way in the minority. I seriously doubt ANY reputable agency will sign her to a book deal, that would be career suicide. She'll probably get alot of $ from the Enquirer & other rags but she's 25 years old, she'll **** thru it in no time and unless she gets plastic surgery and changes her name, she'll never be able to support herself. Money doesn't always equal the good life.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Smile She will put it aside like it never happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I think she will live the good life, and while I would like to think that her conscience will haunt her, I don't believe it will. I don't think she has any remorse or feelings and just wants to do what she wants to do. Sad to say but I think that is what will happen. She might get caught in some papparazzi embarassing photos, but she won't care.
I don't think Casey will go back to live with her family. She lied about what went on anyway. She was able to party party right after Caylee died and she seemingly had little remorse. Just more lies. She got off. Remember - I'm the greatest liar statement? Well, guess what? She believes that. She's just happy and she got off.

I think Jesse Grund got it right. She'll have what she always wanted: money, fame and parties. He seems to be one of the few decent ones in her life and he knew her well and the family well. (He was her ex-fiance and believed that he was Caylee's father).

The verdict makes me sick and Scott Peterson (no fan of his either) is on death row - I don't think they found DNA there either.

I don't think Casey cares about anyone but herself and even though the Baez team is enjoying their fame right now, she really doesn't care about them either - just herself. What can you do for me type person. So sad/no winners.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Yes, lots of 'new friends' who are way more street smart and even better liars than she is who will soak her for every penny.........
This was quite evident in the letters from jail. There were copies of letters from "Tracey" (who Casey said was her "bestest best friend"), to another inmate stating that the only reason she was talking to Casey was to hopefully get something useful in prosecuting her so that she, Tracey, could use it as leverage to get out of jail sooner. Casey didn't have a clue.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,922 times
She should go in hiding but how could she do that if she is going to make movie deals and book deals?

I wonder if the hatred of everyone for her affects her emotionally? or she is just to psychitic to let it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime