Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times

Advertisements

I don't disagree - I just think it's premature to say the CEO has gotten off when the investigation on this thing is just starting

Really the only thing i've read that has been kind of funky is that there are some officials saying that there is no link between the two incidents - which to me seems a little far fetched and maybe it's just "public speak"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
that is true about the naked aspect .......... then again, if she was trying to ruin someone on the way out........

as for binding

let's assume that it's not hard to set a noose and then tie your feet .... you are 2/3 of the way there

Also note that we don't know what bound is .... you could easily handcuff yourself, even behind your back .... set one and you still have enough use of fingers to set the other

people can bind themselves with the plastic from 6 packs

you could use a loose rope/knot setup where you again have one hand through the loop and holding the rope - you then put that behind your back, put your other hand through and use your fingers to pull the slack, tightening the rope

you could have one of those belts where you don't need to fasten it any pre-punched hole and use one of them

it's not that hard

although we have no idea how she was bound, what it looks like, etc

so again, probably best to let there be an investigation before we punch holes into it
^^^^^ This, this is why they added that little word "reasonable" to doubt in jury deliberations. The above isnt very reasonable.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-21-2011 at 09:44 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM

How is it unreasonable?

Unreasonable that is easy to do?

All things remaining equal it's a very easy thing to do

However, nothing happens in a vacuum - so you would need to figure out how she got where she did .... if it was just suicide then why go through all these details, if murder what is the signifigance of setting it up like that, etc

What you can't do is say something dumb like "her hands were bound, it must be murder" on the premise that it's severely difficult, bordering on impossible to bind yourself ..... when in fact it can be very simple

Need to look at things both individually and as part of the large picture

Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
How is it unreasonable?

Unreasonable that is easy to do?

All things remaining equal it's a very easy thing to do

However, nothing happens in a vacuum - so you would need to figure out how she got where she did .... if it was just suicide then why go through all these details, if murder what is the signifigance of setting it up like that, etc

What you can't do is say something dumb like "her hands were bound, it must be murder" on the premise that it's severely difficult, bordering on impossible to bind yourself ..... when in fact it can be very simple

Need to look at things both individually and as part of the large picture
Ok, fine. I'll give you that much. But, I want you to give me one reason why anyone would bind their own hands and feet before they hung themselves { and naked I might add } OTHER than to set somone up?

If she was trying to set someone up, why?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM

set up is the only thing I can think of .... can't speak to their relationship or any of the circumstances to know why .... it seems like there was probably a lot of stuff going on there and a lot of things for investigators to wrap their hands around

it's within the realm of possibility enough to investigate ... that's all I'm really getting at

Old 07-22-2011, 01:21 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,073 times
I think she may have been strangled before the "hanging"...with the perp thinking that by making it look like a suicide by hanging it would cover up the marks on her neck, etc. plus make the cause of determine hard to determine as a murder. But I don't think this is going to work...at least I hope not. Again, my opinion only.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
I'm going to wait until more information is available.

Frankly, the OP should be ashamed of themselves for axe grinding because the guy is a "CEO". We don't know....it's possible he just lost 2 people he loves and did nothing wrong.

P.S. Oprah is a "CEO" and one of the richest people in america....maybe we should hate her too just because?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:13 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm going to wait until more information is available.

Frankly, the OP should be ashamed of themselves for axe grinding because the guy is a "CEO". We don't know....it's possible he just lost 2 people he loves and did nothing wrong.

P.S. Oprah is a "CEO" and one of the richest people in america....maybe we should hate her too just because?
He got pissed off that his girlfriend was with his son when he had the accident - s a couple days later the girlfriend is found naked, bound and hanging at the end of a rope - the police usually put 2 and 2 together, but not, I guess, if you are a CEO and the girlfriend is a foreigner.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM

very little detail being released ... all I have to show he was in the area was the mother of his ex saying that he and his ex were with the boy at the hospital ........ seems like it should be easy to verify if/when he was there ..... but this thing is pretty tight liped

Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,534 times
Did Jonah Shacknai have any enemies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime