Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I would like a true and honest answer to exactly what happened to Caylee Marie Anthony. This still breaks my heart and that is where my anger comes from. Only Casey, Cindy and George know what happened to that beautiful little child and we will never know how her life ended.
The thing is, everyone in this country { including myself } all have a scenerio in our head about what we think really happened and about the degree of Casey Anthony's guilt in it. Even if she DID tell the truth, and it wasn't what we already had imagined, we wouldn't believe her anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
George was not working when Caylee went missing.
Ah.... yes he was. Do you not remember Cindy calling George AT WORK to ask about the pool ladder being down? Do you not remember a strong part of the prosecutions case being that BOTH parents were at WORK at the time of the internet searches being done?

I really wish people knew what they were talking about before giving an un-educated opinion on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Oh me, my children wouldn't murder or throw my grandchildren away in a black garbage bag by the side of the road.
I wouldn't have to lie under oath.
Yeah.... I'm sure that the Anthony's thought that to. Along with all the other parents of murderers out there. Look where all of them are now. One thing people need to realise is that you can nevern truly know someone or what their capable of, and the sooner the better.

I'm not saying your children would do something like that, I have no reason to. I'm just saying that everyone alway's says " it wouldn't happen to me" until it does.

Quote:
This post kind of makes me sorry for whats being raised out there and who is raising them.
Wow..
Yes because wanting to protect your children at all costs and loving them unconditionaly is a horrible quality to have as a parent. And, if you are saying that you DONT love your children unconditionaly and WOULDN'T protect them no matter what, then THAT makes ME worry about what is being raised out there and who is raising it...... WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Let's hope there's a bright side! Maybe the person doesn't really mean it and wrote something like that because they just like to disagree with me and anyone else who isn't "pro-Anthonys" ...

No, I meant every word. Parents DO love their children unconditionaly and WOULD protect them at all costs. { the good ones anyway }

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 08-22-2011 at 08:42 PM..

Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The thing is, everyone in this country { including myself } all have a scenerio in our head about what we think really happened and about the degree of Casey Anthony's guilt in it. Even if she DID tell the truth, and it wasn't what we already had imagined, we wouldn't believe her anyway.
Yes, we all have a scenario on how Caylee died. You are right whatever she would say I wouldn't believe her. But, Casey doesn't have to ever say one word about her child.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Who ever put that child in a trash bag, will some day, have to deal with a higher power...Karma will happen.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:07 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Ah.... yes he was. Do you not remember Cindy calling George AT WORK to ask about the pool ladder being down? Do you not remember a strong part of the prosecutions case being that BOTH parents were at WORK at the time of the internet searches being done?

I really wish people knew what they were talking about before giving an un-educated opinion on
You're right, my apologies.

George and Cindy both testified George was at work, the defense alleged he was not. But then what can you actually believe. Who knows if the phone call she claimed to make to George at worked really occured, Cindy also testified she was at home and did the computer searches, even though records showed she was at work and the women he had the affair with said his visits were when he was supposedly working.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
No, it's not that I dont find them reputable. I think that remains to be seen. As I said, time will surely tell and if they are shady with charity funds, the funds will not continue to come in after awhile.

And I don't think she should be either. If they would prosecute her, it would only be vindictive and spiteful. This women has went through enough. LET THIS THING DIE ALREADY!!! Besides, anyone who had a brain could see right through that testimony for what it really was. I highly doubt that that affected the juries decision. Personaly, I don't think parents, of all people, should be called to testify. They all have a bias.

Nancy Grace was involved anyway. She covered it from the first day or two of Caylee's disappearance. You cant blame that on them.

You can't tell me anything I don't already know about this case. I followed it from the beginning. I have heard the 911 calls and seen the videos several times.

Well, it all comes down to this. I'm not going to judge them for anything they have done in the wake of this fiasco. I have no idea what they must have went through, or how they managed to sleep at night, or what must have gone through their heads every moment of the day. I feel sorry for them in the fact that they had to experience something that nobody should have to. Are they good people? I don't know. Time will tell.
Feel sorry for them all you want. I don't. They had A LOT to do with this situation. They produced Casey and they let her get away with stealing money, lying, not working, etc., for years and years. They reaped what they sowed: the consequences of raising a spoiled, willful, degenerate daughter and letting her run wild. Let them be a lesson to other parents who are too soft on their kids.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:

George and Cindy both testified George was at work, the defense alleged he was not. But then what can you actually believe. Who knows if the phone call she claimed to make to George at worked really occured, Cindy also testified she was at home and did the computer searches, even though records showed she was at work and the women he had the affair with said his visits were when he was supposedly working.
All good points!

With all the lying and cheating going on there is no way to know where George was.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Who ever put that child in a trash bag, will some day, have to deal with a higher power...Karma will happen.
From your lips to God's ear!

Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Feel sorry for them all you want. I don't. They had A LOT to do with this situation. They produced Casey and they let her get away with stealing money, lying, not working, etc., for years and years. They reaped what they sowed: the consequences of raising a spoiled, willful, degenerate daughter and letting her run wild. Let them be a lesson to other parents who are too soft on their kids.
Life is too short to be having this argument with someone as stubborn as you. I'm not sticking up for them, and it's not that I like them. I think they made some foolish decisions and if they ever let their daughter back into their lives, well, they deserve whatever they get. However, Im not going to even pretend to know what it must have been like going through that situation, and if they have earned anything throughout this whole deal, it's a little bit of compassion { just a little } and a little bit of leeway.

Quote:

Quote:
All good points!

With all the lying and cheating going on there is no way to know where George was.
Do you really believe the prosecution would have been as assertive as they were about the fact of him being at work if they hadn't had records to prove it?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Life is too short to be having this argument with someone as stubborn as you. I'm not sticking up for them, and it's not that I like them. I think they made some foolish decisions and if they ever let their daughter back into their lives, well, they deserve whatever they get. However, Im not going to even pretend to know what it must have been like going through that situation, and if they have earned anything throughout this whole deal, it's a little bit of compassion { just a little } and a little bit of leeway.
You are so sticking up for them. They deserve "leeway?" In what way? All I see them doing is trying to avoid working for a living to make a buck off their dead granddaughter.

Quote:
Do you really believe the prosecution would have been as assertive as they were about the fact of him being at work if they hadn't had records to prove it?
As for "records to prove it" it depends what type of work he was supposedly doing at the time. With some jobs you can have a lot of "leeway" to make it look like you were one place and were actually in another and there's no way for the "records" to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt" (another one of our favorite lines on here).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime