Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 05:22 AM

863 posts, read 865,865 times

Advertisements

From the FBI:
We have a solid physical description of Cooper. “The two flight attendants who spent the most time with him on the plane were interviewed separately the same night in separate cities and gave nearly identical descriptions,” says Carr. “They both said he was about 5’10” to 6’, 170 to 180 pounds, in his mid-40s, with brown eyes. People on the ground who came into contact with him also gave very similar descriptions.”

And what of some of the names pegged as Cooper? None have panned out. Duane Weber, who claimed to be Cooper on his deathbed, was ruled out by DNA testing (we lifted a DNA sample from Cooper’s tie in 2001). Kenneth Christiansen, named in a recent magazine article, didn’t match the physical description and was a skilled paratrooper. Richard McCoy, who died in 1974, also didn’t match the description and was at home the day after the hijacking having Thanksgiving dinner with his family in Utah, an unlikely scenario unless he had help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshutter View Post
Tina asked Cooper if he had a grudge against the airline, he replied "I don't have a grudge against your airline, I just have a grudge" it's not odd, it's a shame Tina didn't question him further to find out what his grudge actually was. we would then have a possible reason for why he did what he did in the first place....
Ah, in that context it makes more sense.

Last edited by Cuero; 06-16-2015 at 06:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 04:58 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
The DNA on the tie.. They don't even know that it's Cooper's DNA.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,702,692 times
The D.B. Cooper case is such a fascinating and violence-free one that I hardly consider it a crime any more, so I was a bit surprised to see this repetitively mentioned on the true crime forum.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 9,109 times
Threatening to blow up a plane with 32 people on board is hardly "violence-free"

I think it's the thrill of the possibility that Cooper got away with this crime puts it into a different status, or view. keep in mind that two of the stews on that plane are still afraid of Cooper. Florence was looking under her car for a bomb for years after the crime. lots of people believe Tina had a breakdown, and joined a convent seeking help. we recently contacted Alice, the third stewardess on the plane, and she doesn't want to talk about it at all. it's a lot easier for us to look at this crime and say, he didn't hurt anyone, but when you read the above the reality of what he did will surface...

Old 10-02-2015, 12:03 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,826 times
I had never head of DB Cooper until I had a job as an MRI tech working on an MR machine produced by a smaller company out of CA. They had Stanford grad students writing some of their software. At that time, 20 years ago, I had my patient scanning console and there was a console for the service engineers nearby. It constantly ran data as the machine scanned and they could see any errors immediately or looking back over the log. All the different processes/functions from the MR scanner to the service console had identifying names.

DB Cooper was the clean up program's name.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:01 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,702,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshutter View Post
Threatening to blow up a plane with 32 people on board is hardly "violence-free"
Well did he blow up the plane? It was absolutely violence-free.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:22 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshutter
Yes well thankfully he didnt do it....

I dont know if they are 100% sure he is dead or alive!! -- I think they just turned thier backs on it as no one got hurt and they have better things to concentrate on......

Old 10-03-2015, 07:18 AM

519 posts, read 776,819 times
I think he died. The conditions were terrible for a jump that night and he took a crummy old model parachute with no reserve chute. If he ran into any problems with his main chute he would have been completely screwed. Below freezing wind, stinging rain, no moon out so he couldn't have seen a damn thing, much less where to land or how close the ground was. I'm convinced he splashed down in the river and then drowned, either caught up in his chute or dead on impact when he hit the water.

I mean really, all these crappy jump conditions and to top it off there is nothing on the ground he could have used as a reference point. He was basically jumping into a pitchblack void and hoping for the best.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:30 AM

9,524 posts, read 16,507,823 times
I remember when it happened. I always felt he is long since dead. Most likely he was killed on impact with all those trees, or drowned in the river. Whatever happened who can be sure and the legend continues. I think there was some money found that was connected to him. I'm not sure.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:00 PM

5 posts, read 14,851 times
727s were used by Intermountain Communication 1962 to 1968 for special operations...modification were made to the plane with the bottom stairway removed.
The FBI had gone to great extent to cover up this group who flew special missions setting up communications systems....

To make these special drops they had to go in low.. with the plane at the lowest speed possible. Since it involved communications system - you can be assured that is how Cooper learned to do the JOB.

1962 - 1965 - Weber was off the map - but, he was with Intermountain communications out of Leadville, Co....a group headed up by a man by the name of Richard "Paperlegs" Peterson...who was also a former smoke jumper.... Cooper asked for a chest pack as smokejumpers usually called them chest packs....Weber was a rigger and a spotter so he had to know how to use the chute...

Weber confessed to the crime 10 days before he died - but me (his dumb ass wife of 17 yrs didn't know who DAN COOPER was)...if he had said D.B. Cooper maybe I would have got it, but I only knew the good life that he & I had - & the fact he was dieing...of Polycystic Kidney disease & had removed himself from dialysis producing documents to his Dr., the Nurse and the Hospital administrator that he wanted NO more dialysis...2 wks later he expired, but for those 2 wks he tried to tell me a story I did not understand...& I had no knowledge of.

NO one believes me - but now 18 yrs later I still try to tell his story...& if I had known who Dan Cooper was & have understood what he was telling me - I had the actual proof, but that went in Garage Sales & everything else when when I got remarried...I kept a few items but nothing the FBI was interested in - but they also didn't ask me the right questions.

From 1962 to 1968 Duane lived under the name of John C. Collins, Johnny, Dusty and Dutch.

727s were used by Intermountain communications during that time frame.
They were dropping men & equipment to set up communications system in Laos or one of those Humong areas. It was a covert Op.

What kinds of ops preferred a 727? Or even more compelling - what kind of ops REQUIRED a 727? The equipment & the men they dropped & they had to appear to be a commercial flight....or get shot down. In fact they did get shot at on 1 occassion I know of. What they were doing was completely off the charts. When they were spotted these enemy planes would come in real close & they did have a couple of close calls.

These men never got recognized for what they did...and some of them were just former smokejumpers and / or individuals who did not cut it in the military world and some of them were ex-con's recruited from a prison in Co....in 1962...and these men knew Paperlegs from the early 40's as some of them did work in WA at that time - when the other guys were over seas fighting a war...there was still a war against fire that needed to be done in the states.

The prisoners in the late 40's did jobs that the military took over when they returned from over seas. Some of the prisoners then went on with their criminal careers & others went straight or became drifters who could not get jobs..Some of the guys were recruited for Intermountain Communications...they needed men that if they didn't return - would never be missed...Duane Weber was one of those men.

After the war he continued his criminal career - serving in San Quentin & Folsom & then to Canon, Co where he was recruited by Paperlegs in 1962....he Knew Duane from the past & knew he could do the jobs he required....these ex-cons needed start over money if they were ever going to escape the world of crime.

Helicopters & other such things could not get into the Laos & out fast enough & to the other place they did covert actions...so they used modified 727's. By removing the aft stair way they could put the men out fast & the equipment...supposedly the planes they use had been sent to the GRAVE YARD a place referred to as IN PLANE SITE....some of the planes that were sent there were sent by the government - just for the purpose Intermountain Communications needed...and they use their own people to make the modification. Actually it was a CIA action, but one that was kept secret.

The 727 were considered transports & let like to be shot down...but the interiors where modified...and the guys on these mission knew if they went down...no on would be about to help them. The military would deny any connections...

The 727s & their presence did not attract attention - quiet an operation.

This is why & how Cooper knew what he was doing - he was one of those for hire guys who worked those drops....and the pay was GOOD if they survived...unreportable income to start their lives over with.

727s where experimented with in FL. by a group there also. I forget the name of the organization now...but it is all in my boxes of information but at the age of 75 my memory to recall is clouding, but this is a story I need & must finish before I die....17 yrs of trying to get thur to the public & being shot down at every corner I turn...but it is all there & I have all of the history...it will take someone yrs to go thru it all, but perhaps someday I will be vindicated.

I am a straight arrow & not a liar - Duane confessed to the crime, but he couldn't get me to understand what he was talking about....but, he had left somethings I was supposed to find & to understand...I didn't know what I had....dear God in heaven - PLEASE help me find the ending..

I do know he talked about a man who got killed & who was on the other side of a set of french doors...- the man killed was I believe someone with am odd name - that was killed by coverts who used a 727. It was my understanding they bearly go out of there in time.

He was also a friend of a man by the name of Bernie who was one of the Plumbers...and I met Bernie and his side kick - a very tall man - but did not know who they were until a few yrs ago...but, no one to help me or to tell the story...so the truths I know will die with me.

Everytime I discuss this - I get a threat - mostly vague, but one of the guys lives not far from me so I stopped talking about this - but with my health - I am no longer afraid. Finding someone who will spent what little time I have going thru all of the things I found that has more knowledge of these things - is the problem. I can't remember it all now...

There are individuals how claiming NO civilian knew a 727 could be used in the ways I have described - but it was known to have been used in Vietnam by the CIA. Since Duane was well versed in this & had family who worked on the 727's in their development stage.

Duane's brother worked for Boeing & was part of the 727 development but the FBI has refused to look into this...and so was the man Duane called in WA who was his brothers friend.

A man who recieved a phone call from a man asking a specific question & the call was not cleared...I forget the man's name at this time - he was married to Duane's mother's best friends daughter.. The two women had children one month apart...in 1924. NO one will believe me on this - but at one time I saw the picture & Duane's sister desperatly tried to tell me the story before she died. He did NOT let her know were he was for YRS - but sent her a card every Xmas...with no return address.

The rumor of loafers is a serious misnomer...Cooper was wearing low ankle boots that had a zipper....no loafers or tie ups. He also had rubbers that went above the ankle in his pocket or in the brief case or the paper bag he carried on board.

These creeps talk about Coverts, but they never say the name - Paperlegs Richard Peterson who tried for yrs to get the men who acted in these covert action recognized - but the President who took over after Kennedy was killed refused to do it.....some are now being recognized - but of course Weber / Collins has not been acknowledged....YET!

Duane had the knowledge and the know how - and he was pissed the government did not acknowledge them in Wa in 1968 when they were supposed to do so...so he took his revenge for those who were NOT recognized...Peterson worked on getting this acknowledgment until his death a few yrs ago...and his brother tried - now those records are sealed for ever! and EVER!

The SECRET to Cooper is in WASHINGTON DC....they refuse to acknowledge their participation in an assassination & by declaring Cooper was someone who participated in other such operations...they bury their head in the sand....

I have learned to HATE - what our government stands for & how they treat peoples such as Snowden....All the man did was tell the truths our government continues to hide..

Last edited by Ms Cooper; 10-04-2015 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: mispelling and grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime