Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:44 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

This is a true story and happening as we speak in upstate New York.

There was a peeping tom in the neighborhood. Many saw him in the distance. One came nose to nose with him at a window.
He would park his black jeep and go roam around the backs of homes.
Finally just recently he was caught. A 50 year old man who parks his car and quote " just walks out and about for a smoke."....
Many in the neighborhood are quite scared. The worst thing is he is set free as the only charge can be "trespassing."

Well, great......
What has to happen before he can be taken to jail and charged with something of greater value.
So we let a dangerous man go free to repeat his vile roaming.

I know many neighbors who are quite frightened that this sick person will come back. He was not even afraid to do his roaming during the light of day.

People are afraid, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Does this mean something bad has to happen before he is hauled away?

This is a big problem in America. Dealing with dangerous people and no law to stop them.

I am praying for these neighborhoods, and you should too. That everyone stays safe, and the monster heads for the mountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
So have you ever had this situation in your neighborhood?

In any case what do you think the police should do? More then wave him off?

Do we need a new law for perverts like this who think they can invade peoples privacy?

Remember the girl who shot a man who barged into her home? She had to protect her child and certainly herself. So must everyone in that neighborhood have a weapon to use?

I'll tell you why I am concerned. I have family there and I have stayed there in that development also.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
We did ... older couple moved in had three adult sons ... all near or in their 30's ... one was a flasher another stole ladies underwear off of clotheslines (when people used clotheslines) and the third was a peeping tom.

Next door neighbor called me one night and said don't look now but a guy is in your yard looking in your window. She had already called the cops and they were on their way.

I didn't panic just went about my business with our three young children waiting on the cops hoping they would catch him in the act.

Well the cops arrived alright ... got out of their car ... neighbor walked over since she called them ... these two cops had the nerve to say ... Oh it's just John So & So ... he is perfectly harmless he just likes to look into people windows ... we sent him away to the mental institution for 30 days evaluation and they said he won't hurt a soul ... and they got back in their car and left!!!!

Hey idiots I have two little girls and a baby boy!!!

The next morning I call the Chief of Police, the Chairman of the County Council and gave them all an ear full. Within the week we put our house on the market ... sold it and moved to the boonies.

The flasher went to jail ... the underwear thief went to jail and I do not know what happened to the peeping tom.

Guns have always been in our home but I stayed clear of them ... after the peeping tom episode hubby took me to the firing range and I learned to fire and handle a weapon. I couldn't kill anyone because I couldn't live with that, but I can certainly blow out a knee cap or a testicle.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:13 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
So have you ever had this situation in your neighborhood?

In any case what do you think the police should do? More then wave him off?

Do we need a new law for perverts like this who think they can invade peoples privacy?

Remember the girl who shot a man who barged into her home? She had to protect her child and certainly herself. So must everyone in that neighborhood have a weapon to use?

I'll tell you why I am concerned. I have family there and I have stayed there in that development also.
Good fences make good neighbors, (and keeps peepers out)

Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
This is a true story and happening as we speak in upstate New York.

There was a peeping tom in the neighborhood. Many saw him in the distance. One came nose to nose with him at a window.
He would park his black jeep and go roam around the backs of homes.
Finally just recently he was caught. A 50 year old man who parks his car and quote " just walks out and about for a smoke."....
Many in the neighborhood are quite scared. The worst thing is he is set free as the only charge can be "trespassing."

Well, great......
What has to happen before he can be taken to jail and charged with something of greater value.
So we let a dangerous man go free to repeat his vile roaming.

I know many neighbors who are quite frightened that this sick person will come back. He was not even afraid to do his roaming during the light of day.

People are afraid, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Does this mean something bad has to happen before he is hauled away?

This is a big problem in America. Dealing with dangerous people and no law to stop them.

I am praying for these neighborhoods, and you should too. That everyone stays safe, and the monster heads for the mountains.
The man must commit a crime that is more heinous to go to jail for a longer time. This is tresspassing - simple as that.

If you have a peeping Tom around and you are worried, lock your doors, stay alert, and have a shotgun ready(if you are really worried). Actually, you can likely deal with this problem without a weapon. Peeping toms are trying to be discreet - the last thing they want is attention. If you don't want to confront someone make loits of noise, shout, scream, bang on a pot. They will most likely leave.

People have become wusses. Time was people dealt with there own problems instead of screaming for another law to be passed. Government is to big already. If a law was passed then lot's of people would get arrested simply for looking at anothers property. Now be a big girl and take care of this yourself. You don't need the government to hold your hand and say "There, there it will be alright." Self reliance needs to make a big comeback.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The man must commit a crime that is more heinous to go to jail for a longer time. This is tresspassing - simple as that.

If you have a peeping Tom around and you are worried, lock your doors, stay alert, and have a shotgun ready(if you are really worried). Actually, you can likely deal with this problem without a weapon. Peeping toms are trying to be discreet - the last thing they want is attention. If you don't want to confront someone make loits of noise, shout, scream, bang on a pot. They will most likely leave.

People have become wusses. Time was people dealt with there own problems instead of screaming for another law to be passed. Government is to big already. If a law was passed then lot's of people would get arrested simply for looking at anothers property. Now be a big girl and take care of this yourself. You don't need the government to hold your hand and say "There, there it will be alright." Self reliance needs to make a big comeback.
I totally agree. Many people rely on the police & govt to do everything for them including wiping their asses. What ashame.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
There is nothing they can do about it? Really? Where are the husbands, fathers and sons? If that happened in my neighborhood he would have had his 8ss handed too him. You dont need the police to solve everything for you. Man up!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I would think that this is more than trespassing. My guess is that it is also invasion of privacy -- which is a crime he can go to jail for -- albeit, not for long.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
There is nothing they can do about it? Really? Where are the husbands, fathers and sons? If that happened in my neighborhood he would have had his 8ss handed too him. You dont need the police to solve everything for you. Man up!
I second the notion of beating the crap out of this guy. I especially support doing it anonymously (as in without any witnesses).

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I would think that this is more than trespassing. My guess is that it is also invasion of privacy -- which is a crime he can go to jail for -- albeit, not for long.
Ummmm....I would be very interested if could provide me information about any statute that prohibits an "invasion of privacy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime