Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2020, 02:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The receipt proves time line. Maybe the Medinas were showering at 10:18. By their own admission they were not outside the entire time.

Scott's lawyers also presented witnesses who saw a woman wearing black pants with a dog as evidence that Laci was seen on December 24. Today we know that none of those witnesses saw Laci since she was wearing tan pants when she disappeared. We know based on proven time stamps that Laci did not have time to change clothing between Scott leaving the house and the dog appearing on the street.
The receipt likely shows that Karen was at the store at 10:34 am but it’s not super solid.

I don’t know why you’re so hung up on the outfit. Changing clothes is not generally a long process.

You seem extremely convinced that Scott is guilty. I’m probably wasting my time posting in response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 03:18 PM

91 posts, read 57,764 times
Quote:
There seems to be two approaches to considering evidence. Some people look at each piece of evidence in isolation, find a reason to discard or eliminate that piece of evidence, and conclude that there's no single piece of evidence that proves guilt. Others look at the total circumstantial evidence and conclude that the bigger picture proves guilt. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Scott was adamant that Laci vanished while walking the dog. Extensive searches were done at the park that Scott indicated. At some point, investigators decided to have a look at the exact location where Scott put his boat in the ocean. Some might view that as tunnel vision, that police made a terrible mistake when they looked at Scott.

The problem here is that Laci was in the ocean and she washed up 3.5 months later near the area where he was allegedly fishing.

Two possibilities: Scott tossed his wife in the ocean on December 24th, or, per Scott's defence team, either robbers or satanic cultists kidnapped Laci and tossed her into the ocean to frame him. Which seems more probable?

Scott said Laci was wearing black pants but she was found wearing tan pants. In the 10-12 minutes between Scott leaving the house and the dog being found on the street, Laci did not have time to mop, change clothing, leash the dog and vanish at the park. Are we to believe that the robbers or cultists gave Laci a change of clothing, or is it more likely that she was murdered wearing the same pants observed by her half-sister on Dec. 23?
You're well-versed enough in this case to know the bolded isn't true. Moreover, it was specifically pointed out to you(at least twice in this thread) that it isn't true. Yet you keep repeating it. So I'm not going to respond to you.

Old 11-06-2020, 03:22 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,960,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The receipt likely shows that Karen was at the store at 10:34 am but it’s not super solid.

I don’t know why you’re so hung up on the outfit. Changing clothes is not generally a long process.

You seem extremely convinced that Scott is guilty. I’m probably wasting my time posting in response.
The Supreme Court seems extremely convinced of his guilt.

Old 11-06-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
You're well-versed enough in this case to know the bolded isn't true. Moreover, it was specifically pointed out to you(at least twice in this thread) that it isn't true. Yet you keep repeating it. So I'm not going to respond to you.
Let's look at the map. It's a very large ocean, so when the bodies are found 2 miles from where Scott put his boat into the water, we can say that the bodies were found near the area where he was allegedly fishing.
"The area where the two bodies were found is about 2 miles north of the Berkeley Marina, the area Scott Peterson says he spent the day of Dec. 24 fishing and an area that has been repeatedly searched by police and divers."

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ps-2655242.php

Old 11-06-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
The Supreme Court seems extremely convinced of his guilt.
Is that why they are re-examining the case?

Old 11-06-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Is that why they are re-examining the case?
The California Supreme Court upheld the conviction. The sentence was overturned, so the best outcome for Scott at this time is that he is moved from death row to general population. That doesn't seem ideal during pandemic, but it seems to be what he wants.

The prosecution intends to argue again for the death penalty.
"The California Supreme Court on Monday upheld the conviction but overturned the 2005 death sentence for Scott Peterson in the slaying of his pregnant wife, and said prosecutors may try again for the same sentence if they wish in the case that attracted worldwide attention"
August 24, 2020
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...ce-overturned/

Is there some other appeal that is pending?

Old 11-06-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
The California Supreme Court upheld the conviction. The sentence was overturned, so the best outcome for Scott at this time is that he is moved from death row to general population. That doesn't seem ideal during pandemic, but it seems to be what he wants.

The prosecution intends to argue again for the death penalty.
"The California Supreme Court on Monday upheld the conviction but overturned the 2005 death sentence for Scott Peterson in the slaying of his pregnant wife, and said prosecutors may try again for the same sentence if they wish in the case that attracted worldwide attention"
August 24, 2020
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...ce-overturned/

Is there some other appeal that is pending?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/california...ry?id=73629371

The CA Supreme Court ordered a review of Scott Peterson’s murder conviction. The article is from three weeks ago.

His latest hearing was today. https://www.foxnews.com/us/scott-pet...-trial-january

Last edited by MissTerri; 11-06-2020 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-06-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/california...ry?id=73629371

The CA Supreme Court ordered a review of Scott Peterson’s murder conviction. The article is from three weeks ago.

His latest hearing was today. https://www.foxnews.com/us/scott-pet...-trial-january
Thank you! I didn't realize that it was still under consideration.

We shall see.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I didn't realize that it was still under consideration.

We shall see.
I’m so curious to see what will happen.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I’m so curious to see what will happen.
Me too. I've certainly been in a situation before where I fully trusted the system, only to see a conviction overturned. I tend to trust the courts, but I know that mistakes are made - convictions are most often overturned due to new DNA evidence or corruption (e.g.: Deaver in NC).

A new trial could be interesting. More recent spousal homicides have resulted in convictions with far less evidence.

Jason Young, in NC, was convicted in a large part after a woman, who experienced a serious brain injury as a child, identified him after being shown an irregular photo lineup, and partially because his 2 year old daughter acted something out with toys in front of a daycare worker. I thought he was guilty but I wasn't convinced that the evidence was there. Same with Brad Cooper, but he pled guilty so all doubt was removed. He cleverly spoofed calls from his cell phone to the house phone, but messed up by searching the body location on his work computer.

A second trial for Scott will hopefully be far more succinct than the first, with less nonsense about satanists and robbers who have been cleared of having anything to do with Laci. The first trial had a lot of "imagine if" from the defence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime