Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 03:17 AM

72 posts, read 56,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Scott said she wasn't wearing shoes when he left. I haven't seen any discussion as to which shoes were missing, if any?
I was waiting to see if anyone else had comments on this, but I haven't seen any. I had the same question recently. The police were looking for a pair of white tennis shoes when they first searched the house. I don't know if Scott said she was wearing them or if he said that's what she usually wore on her walks. They found a pair of white shoes that looked like tennis shoes, but didn't have a back to them. They didn't find any white tennis shoes. Laci's Clothes. They did also find the black shoes that she wore the night before to the salon.

Anyone else have info on the shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,960,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaT View Post
I was waiting to see if anyone else had comments on this, but I haven't seen any. I had the same question recently. The police were looking for a pair of white tennis shoes when they first searched the house. I don't know if Scott said she was wearing them or if he said that's what she usually wore on her walks. They found a pair of white shoes that looked like tennis shoes, but didn't have a back to them. They didn't find any white tennis shoes. Laci's Clothes. They did also find the black shoes that she wore the night before to the salon.

Anyone else have info on the shoes?
He did say that she was probably wearing white tennis shoes, but I have no idea if they were found. The mop and bucket were outside the front door, and police said the house smelled of bleach when they arrived.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
He did say that she was probably wearing white tennis shoes, but I have no idea if they were found. The mop and bucket were outside the front door, and police said the house smelled of bleach when they arrived.
As I recall, one officer said the smell of bleach was obvious in the air, and no other officer stated that, and one officer said specifically he disagreed, that the house didn't have any other smell except "clean".

I'll try to go back and find that.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It's a big world. When a man predicts that his wife will be missing on a specific day, then on that specific day he goes "fishing" for bottom feeders, and finally his wife washed up on shore very near where he was in the water, then I'm going to take the liberty of stating that the body was found where he was "fishing".

Thank you. These debates about trials always seem to fall between those who look at the totality of evidence, and those who zero in on some detail that doesn't make sense.
That's exactly it. That's exactly how I form my opinions about possible guilt or evidence in a serious felony. (with one caveat - I'm not looking for something that doesn't "make sense". Nothing about Scott "makes sense". I'm looking for something that doesn't seem physically possible).

Others look at the umbrella of evidence, and determine it certainly looks like it forms a pattern information that indicates guilt. The way you'd choose to buy a new car. Research it, and in general get very good reviews, good resale value, the car is attractive, and a fair price, good to go! That's the car for me!n In my observation, that's the same method many people use to decide their opinion in a murder case.

When someone is declaring their innocence in a murder where there is no direct evidence - only circumstantial - I do what you're saying. I examine each piece until I can come up with a piece that makes it clear he's guilty, or makes it clear he's innocent. And in this case, I can't come up with either. A defining piece that indicates guilt, or innocence.

Yes, in general, signs point to guilt. Some of it's very troubling, for sure. The body washed up in the bay is the most troubling.

But troubling on the side of innocence is my belief that it's not possible to push a weighed down 150 pound woman over the side of a boat like that without tipping it. I've spent some time in junky little john boats, and I'm struggling with the physics of doing that. Also, there is NO evidence - no one saw him, there's no blood or death evidence of any kind.

There's not even a motive, from my perspective. Scott wasn't in love with Amber, in act listening to those tapes he found her boring and even a little irritating. She was a sexual conquest he was trying to keep secret from his wife.

My question - WHY hasn't anyone from a news show, or People magazine, or the defense, taken a boat just like that one out in the bay and tried to dump a body with weights? I'd honestly like to see if it could be done.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:03 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's not even a motive, from my perspective. Scott wasn't in love with Amber, in act listening to those tapes he found her boring and even a little irritating. She was a sexual conquest he was trying to keep secret from his wife.
You've gotta remember, we've only heard the tapes from after Amber found out he was married, none from before. She was needling him at the police's instruction, trying to get him to say something incriminating. OF COURSE he was irritated, because she was trying to irritate him.

And yet he continued to call her. Even after her press conference he called her and tried to make nice. I heard at least one call where he talked about a future with her. And he brought it up, not Amber.

Any normal guy would dump a woman he wasn't in love with as gently as possible, but immediately so he could concentrate on finding his wife. A normal guy certainly wouldn't tell a woman who's nothing more than a conquest that he was looking forward to their life together if he didn't love her. Maybe before in order to keep her on the hook, but not while his wife is missing. He was a good looking guy, and apparently quite personable in the right light. He'd have no problem finding another conquest. He had no reason to hold so tightly to Amber if that's all she was.

That said, I don't think he was in love with her either, because I don't think Scott is capable of love. He was never in love with Laci either IMHO. I think he is a sociopath as described a few pages back, just imitating life. But he did want to keep Amber in his life. He was trying to impress her with the call from the Eiffel tower, and imitating her by becoming religious and even getting a fake diploma in religion.

I think he wanted Amber because she adored him. She hadn't seen through him yet, and Scott thought she was starry-eyed or naive enough that she never would. I wonder if Laci had started to see through him?

I didn't hear him being bored. What I heard was a guy staying calm and faking it till he makes it. Trying not to let her needle him. Acting like he's in control and everything is fine nothing is wrong. Calm down Amber, just trust me. In fact, I seem to remember him saying that she'd just have to trust him. He'd explain everything later, but for now just trust me.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:13 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaT View Post
Not that busy of a day? Wow I feel lazy compared to you! Here are my time estimates:

Mop the floor (20 min)
Walk the dog (60 min)
Go to the store (60 min)
Prepare food for family meal the next day (120 min)
Make cookies for that evening (60)

That's a solid 5 hours of work being on your feet and moving. Not counting whatever other shopping, cleaning, or wrapping presents that she had to do. I actually feel tired thinking about all that running around! I've had 2 kids and there is no way that I could have done that much activity when I was 32-33 weeks pregnant. By that point in the pregnancy most women aren't sleeping very well, they get tired easily, and their feet and back hurt from being up on their feet too long. Based on other testimony about Laci being tired, I think it's safe to say she was in that category. I really don't think she would have done all of that activity. If she had things to do that had to get done, I think she would have cut out the things that didn't need to be done (like walking the dog) or at least wait until later in the day after the other stuff was done.

When I was pregnant I was working full time (8 hours per day) and walking daily (at least 30 minutes on my lunch break plus walking my dogs before and after work). I also still cooked, cleaned and went to the store to buy groceries. All normal things. I disagree that this is a busy day even when in the third trimester. I also disagree with some of the estimates of time spent on one's feet doing these tasks.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:14 AM

Lilly, I'm thinking of tapes recorded before Scott knew Amber knew about Laci's disappearance.

This was after she went to the cops, but before she went public.

She was describing what she was wearing, trying to light his fire, and he was absolutely bored. I don't think he could have repeated back what she said.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:19 AM

164 posts, read 129,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I seem to remember him saying that she'd just have to trust him. He'd explain everything later, but for now just trust me.
And did he ever explain everything later? Amber ended communication with him in that final recorded call, and Scott awkwardly went along with it, agreeing with her.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Lilly, I'm thinking of tapes recorded before Scott knew Amber knew about Laci's disappearance.

This was after she went to the cops, but before she went public.

She was describing what she was wearing, trying to light his fire, and he was absolutely bored. I don't think he could have repeated back what she said.
Yes the ones you're thinking of were recorded before he knew she knew, and he still put up with her snarking at him. He still called her back again and again. IIRC, he asked her what she was wearing. She didn't volunteer.

Here's the transcript of the call when he fessed up. His and Laci's picture had been all over the news and he decided to try to get ahead of it and tell her himself.

This whole conversation is him trying to get Amber to stay with him. In response to her asking why he told her they had a future together, he tells her he's never said anything he didn't mean. He kept calling her Sweetie even after she told him not to. He said he hoped she would let him explain after this was all over.

prelim-day11-scott-ambertalk

Old 09-27-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
And did he ever explain everything later? Amber ended communication with him in that final recorded call, and Scott awkwardly went along with it, agreeing with her.
As late as Feb 7 he was still begging her to meet him. He was afraid the police had tapped his phone but didn't know Amber was recording anyway. The courttv links on this site are broken and I haven't found another source for the official transcripts, but here's a summary.

No, I don't think Amber gave him the chance to explain. I think both she and the police weren't comfortable with her meeting him in person alone. Too bad she didn't take that risk cuz I'd love to know what he wanted to tell her. She broke off contact Feb 19 in a phone call.

Yeah, I agree with that," Peterson said. A moment later, his words choked
with emotion, he said, "
I hope to talk to you in the future ... Goodbye for now

SCOTT PETERSON AND AMBER FREY CONVERSATIONS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime