Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfan View Post
So if that's Scott's boat, where exactly was he hiding Laci's body without anyone seeing? I mean people the Marina. The width of that boat would not allow a body to be laid across it without either head or legs (or both) hanging over, nor could a body be laid length-wise. Am I missing something?
The boat is 66", about 5.5' wide. Laci was 5' 2". If those witnesses were close, they would have seen a bundle, wouldn't they? Even if she did fit down into the bottom. I don't know how to explain that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know, Lieneke. He's a man trying to keep his lover unaware that he's married. Maybe trying to cover his tracks in case she finds recent evidence that he has a wife. (A lipstick in his car, whatever). I don't know. He's certainly not the most likable man I've ever heard of - he's smarmy, disconnected, narcissistic, a philanderer, etc.

But what kind of a crazy man tells his lover that this will be the first Christmas he will spend without his wife, if he intends to kill her on Christmas Eve? I'm sorry, Scott is a loser but what kind of stupid idiot would announce to his lover his intent - that she would certainly remember and report to LE - that he planned to kill her before Christmas?

His statements that he was a recent widower were intended to garner sympathy from Amber and disguise evidence that he had recently had a wife.
What kind of a crazy man tells his lover that this will be the first Christmas he will spend without his wife, if he intends to kill her on Christmas Eve?
Here's something to think over--- many people tend in some degree to "give themselves away" -- it's really pretty amazing how common it is and how many people end up saying "but I never knew he was doing that, because he even told me he was going there, and if he was going to do something why would he have told me he would be there?"--

Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Thanks for the links FleaT. Now that I see how the seats go all the way across, it seems like it would be real easy for someone to put the body on one, head at one end of the bench, feet at the other, then stand on the other side for counterweight and push it off the opposite side.

Prop the flat end of the oars on the side the body is going over to provide a smooth surface, place the body on top of them, and then lift up the foot end whilst standing or sitting straddling the bench at the feet for counterweight. It seems like a body should slide right off of that? Again if she had been dead since the night before, she would be in full rigor so there wouldn't be any issues with limbs flopping off to the side or anything.

Even at her pregnant weight, I think Scott outweighed her, didn't he? Probably by enough that he had plenty of counterweight even adding the weight of any cement anchors that might have gone over too.

Counter weight wise they would been on the left if he tossed her to the right or vice versa, his counter weight (body weight) would of been his foot trying to balance her weight and his weight out. Again not impossible but a v bottom boat is the most difficult boat you can use, especially aluminum. Not that I'm He Man or any of you ladies or guys or weaklings but w/o the motor, two of us can easily carry that boat, v bottom boats are great for cutting through waves, but they suck in terms of stability. Flat bottom boats are the opposite.

I'm not saying the boat would have tipped completely over, but it would have been ugly, that's for sure. I promise any of you, go out on a calm day in any water, and see for yourself.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:47 AM

671 posts, read 445,465 times
I remember Laci, Scott and his mom. Sharon had an antique store 2 doors down from my store. Sharon was a strange one. Scott was creepy. Laci was sweet.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:05 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I remember Laci, Scott and his mom. Sharon had an antique store 2 doors down from my store. Sharon was a strange one. Scott was creepy. Laci was sweet.
Not sure how well you remember them.

It was Jackie who had the antique store.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Counter weight wise they would been on the left if he tossed her to the right or vice versa, his counter weight (body weight) would of been his foot trying to balance her weight and his weight out. Again not impossible but a v bottom boat is the most difficult boat you can use, especially aluminum. Not that I'm He Man or any of you ladies or guys or weaklings but w/o the motor, two of us can easily carry that boat, v bottom boats are great for cutting through waves, but they suck in terms of stability. Flat bottom boats are the opposite.

I'm not saying the boat would have tipped completely over, but it would have been ugly, that's for sure. I promise any of you, go out on a calm day in any water, and see for yourself.
I'm not understanding this. His foot doesn't weigh that much. LOL

It doesn't matter which way he pushes her out, right or left. He would just have to keep his body on the opposite side of the side he was pushing her over. I think this is possible using the oars which I'm thinking should span the entire width of the boat? Or at least close enough that he could stand or sit on one side, tip the oars up, and slide a body over the opposite side.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:35 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,013,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

Anyone with any knowledge of how to handle a small boat would dump a heavy object over the front or rear edge, just as a person is taught to get into a boat from the water by climbing into it from one end rather than from the side. If the boat was as large as has been stated dumping something the weight of a human body would be no problem.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:52 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Laci was young, healthy and this was her first pregnancy. She was not ill the entire time. She was having fatigue which is something that most pregnant women deal with during pregnancy but her day still consisted of running a single errand, preparing some food, walking the dog and mopping the floor. Not really something that would be so out of the ordinary that would make me think that Scott must have made the whole thing up.

It's all of the little things like this that people point out as "oh my goodness, this is so unbelievable, he must be guilty" that make me scratch my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------
On a totally unrelated note. I'd like to give a special shoutout to a poster named "rainy" who was never posted in the true crime forum but took the time to leave me a rep message, "welcome to CD "rainy" thanks for the rep.
On the day that Laci was last seen alive, she went grocery shopping. When she returned, the cleaning lady was finishing up. I don't think we should overlook the fact that Laci needed a cleaning lady to help with day to day chores even though she was not working. The cleaning lady reported that after Laci put the groceries away, she lay down because she was tired. Some time after the cleaning lady left, Scott took Laci to the doctor. Then Scott had a haircut, and they picked up pizza for dinner with plans to watch a movie. Laci told her mother that she was tired during their brief phone call.

Clearly grocery shopping was enough to tire Laci at 34 weeks pregnant. It doesn't matter what Scott said about Laci because he is a compulsive liar. Nothing he says can be taken at face value.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:55 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Laci was young, healthy and this was her first pregnancy. She was not ill the entire time. She was having fatigue which is something that most pregnant women deal with during pregnancy but her day still consisted of running a single errand, preparing some food, walking the dog and mopping the floor. Not really something that would be so out of the ordinary that would make me think that Scott must have made the whole thing up.

It's all of the little things like this that people point out as "oh my goodness, this is so unbelievable, he must be guilty" that make me scratch my head.
I'm curious - what do you think about his decision to drive so far to go fishing on the day that his wife was most likely in the boat or the back of his truck? Any thoughts on why he chose a water grave, and why he did not choose a closer place to test his boat?

Old 09-30-2017, 10:49 PM

671 posts, read 445,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Not sure how well you remember them.

It was Jackie who had the antique store.
Damn. Yes. Jackie. She had the oxygen in her nose. Sorry...got the names mixed up. I'm not as young as I used to be, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime