Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 10:49 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,960,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There was never DNA evidence that Scott Peterson committed this crime. He was convicted solely on circumstantial evidence. He also wasn't well-liked because he was having an affair on his wife, and seemed to show no sorrow over her death. But that does not make him a murderer. I really don't know if he killed his wife or if someone else did.
DNA evidence is circumstantial evidence, and most criminals are convicted on the basis of circumstantial evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 03:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Laci and Scott had been fishing in his boat where a strand of Laci's hair was found in a rusty tool. This strand of hair was not 'Circumstantial DNA'.

No fan of Scott Peterson. Prosecutions heavy focus on Amber Frey wasn't considered by jury as 'motive' during deliberations...
Defense spent little time on the robbery by two men across from Petersons home the very same day of Laci's disappearance. Simply Coincidence? Don't know.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Laci and Scott had been fishing in his boat where a strand of Laci's hair was found in a rusty tool. This strand of hair was not 'Circumstantial DNA'.

No fan of Scott Peterson. Prosecutions heavy focus on Amber Frey wasn't considered by jury as 'motive' during deliberations...
Defense spent little time on the robbery by two men across from Petersons home the very same day of Laci's disappearance. Simply Coincidence? Don't know.
That's incorrect.

Laci and Scott had not been fishing in the boat he purchase ten days before she disappeared.
All DNA evidence is circumstantial.
The robbers were ruled out because they were there on a different day than the day that Laci was reported missing.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
That's incorrect.

Laci and Scott had not been fishing in the boat he purchase ten days before she disappeared.
All DNA evidence is circumstantial.
The robbers were ruled out because they were there on a different day than the day that Laci was reported missing.
According to People magazine ?
Its all been discussed umpteen times with transcript, believe what you wish.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
According to People magazine ?
Its all been discussed umpteen times with transcript, believe what you wish.
Please share the link to the article that states that Laci and Scott went for a ride in the boat he purchased shortly prior to murdering her, and that this is the reason her hair was in the boat.

DNA has always been circumstantial evidence and no magazine should state otherwise.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
I think that, although Scott didn't love Laci, I'm not sure that he murdered her.

I believe he was in a bad marriage and wanted out, that's why he was cheating with Amber. He was having difficulty with his job, I read that he was going to be let go because his sales weren't good enough. Laci didn't work and so they only had his income to rely on. They had to maintain a certain standard of living, though, including having a housekeeper, driving nice cars, designer handbags, etc. He was probably stressed out, wanted out of the marriage, and cheated; but I don't think that's sufficient evidence to say he murdered her.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Please share the link to the article that states that Laci and Scott went for a ride in the boat he purchased shortly prior to murdering her, and that this is the reason her hair was in the boat.

DNA has always been circumstantial evidence and no magazine should state otherwise.
Links are contained in the thread.

No one debated DNA isn't circumstantial evidence.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:07 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think that, although Scott didn't love Laci, I'm not sure that he murdered her.

I believe he was in a bad marriage and wanted out, that's why he was cheating with Amber. He was having difficulty with his job, I read that he was going to be let go because his sales weren't good enough. Laci didn't work and so they only had his income to rely on. They had to maintain a certain standard of living, though, including having a housekeeper, driving nice cars, designer handbags, etc. He was probably stressed out, wanted out of the marriage, and cheated; but I don't think that's sufficient evidence to say he murdered her.

Ummmm...no.

Whether or not her killed her...(although I think he did.)

He was the "bad" in that marriage. A baby on the way and he was a total, selfish d-bag.

HE was the one who wanted to appear like he was "someone" and had to maintain a certain style.

His sales weren't good enough because he was lying to everyone & focused on himself 24/7.

Laci DID work as a substitute teacher. They also sold a restaurant prior to her death.

They both owned older cars....a pickup truck and Land Rover.

They had a modest house for Modesto standards and she owned one older Vuitton handbag.

Guy is/was a POS.

"He was probably stressed out?" Seriously? I wonder if Laci & Conner were stressed out while begging for their lives.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Links are contained in the thread.

No one debated DNA isn't circumstantial evidence.
Laci had not been in the same boat where her hair was found, and not even the defense is claiming that the couple used the boat on a fishing trip.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:26 AM

1,289 posts, read 939,006 times
#1831 Today, 10:49 AM
Lieneke
3,499 posts, read 1,510,792 times

Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla:
There was never DNA evidence that Scott Peterson committed this crime. He was convicted solely on circumstantial evidence. He also wasn't well-liked because he was having an affair on his wife, and seemed to show no sorrow over her death. But that does not make him a murderer. I really don't know if he killed his wife or if someone else did.

Lieneke:
DNA evidence is circumstantial evidence, and most criminals are convicted on the basis of circumstantial evidence.
************************************************** *********************************

Maybe the whole idea of circumstantial evidence needs to be revisited? We are now about 1,000 years out of the english middle ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime