Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 02:04 AM

72 posts, read 56,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
It was a chilly day. And it was the day before Christmas. People who might have been inclined to fish or boat on any other chilly day were shopping and cooking. There probably weren't a lot of people on the water that day.

If I had a body in my boat I'd park away from inhabited vehicles and sit there pretending to talk on my cell phone until there was a deserted spot to launch from. Then hurry and put the boat in.

Someone saw him pulling the boat on the road IIRC but I don't remember if he was going or coming home. I don't think the boat was that high. Cars passing him should have been able to see a tarp covered bundle, shouldn't they have?
The marina was practically deserted around Christmas time. Can't find the source right now, but as I recall during the time period around Christmas only 3 people paid to launch their boat at the marina and 1 of those was Scott.

The boat on the trailer was probably high enough that people in regular cars couldn't see into the boat, but I'm sure people in higher vehicles did see him pulling his boat with a tarp in the bottom of it, but no one would have thought twice about a person with a boat and a tarp. He could have had camping gear or a tent or anything else wrapped up in the tarp. It wouldn't have stood out at all as weird to have a tarp in boat being pulled by a truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfan View Post
So I looked at the photos of the boat with the person on the bottom of it. This is from that page "However, Fulbright was flexible, able to move and twist and turn in order to get into position. According to most sources, rigor sets in within 3 hours, with maximum stiffness by 12 hours. If Scott murdered her while she was still dressed, or undressing, and kept her in the house overnight, Laci would have been at maximum rigor by the time he attempted to get her into the boat, and thus not at all flexible. Even Dr. Peterson's testimony, under direct examination, validates this conclusion."

So, not really a great example of whether a body could be crammed into a boat. Plus, the boat isn't that deep. I know people are saying that there aren't any witnesses to Scott fishing that day, but maybe that's because nobody noticed a dark-haired guy going fishing in his boat without anything about him that would standout. Can you remember all the non-suspicious people you passed today? If there had been a body crammed into the body of the boat, then I would think Scott would have been memorable.
I disagree. We aren't trying to answer the question of how Scott put Laci in the boat. We don't know how Scott put her in the boat or where he stored the body in the interim. For all we know he could have taken her in the middle of the night and put her in the boat before rigor mortis set in, then went home to set up his alibi in the morning. Rather the question being asked is: is it possible to fit the body of a 5 foot 2 inch pregnant woman in Scott's boat? These photos answer that question, yes it is possible and there are several different ways the body could have been put in the boat in order to be on the bottom of the boat and not visible from the sides.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:30 AM

164 posts, read 129,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaT View Post
Scott claimed to be fishing for sturgeon, but was going at a weird time of day and didn't have proper gear or bait for sturgeon.
I asked about fishing on Brooks Island to East Bay Regional Parks and received a response:

"Scott Possin, the Park Supervisor,...said the main fish that people on boats fish for are Striped Bass, Halibut and Rays."

"...people on boats have been seen on the northeast side fishing for Stripers and on the Southeast side fishing for Halibut."

Old 10-08-2017, 09:53 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Quote:
I disagree. We aren't trying to answer the question of how Scott put Laci in the boat. We don't know how Scott put her in the boat or where he stored the body in the interim. For all we know he could have taken her in the middle of the night and put her in the boat before rigor mortis set in, then went home to set up his alibi in the morning. Rather the question being asked is: is it possible to fit the body of a 5 foot 2 inch pregnant woman in Scott's boat? These photos answer that question, yes it is possible and there are several different ways the body could have been put in the boat in order to be on the bottom of the boat and not visible from the sides.
There's no way I'd leave a body in my house over night. What if her Mom came? They only lived a few minutes away. What if one of those burglars broke in? What if bounty hunters broke into the wrong house in the middle of the night? What if the dog chewed open the tarp?

I'd probably have lined that tool box that was in the back of his truck with a tarp and hid her in there, out in the garage at the very least. That box was short enough that he'd have had to put her in the fetal position to fit.

If this was premeditated (and I think it was) he could have made a trip out to the warehouse in the middle of the night after all the neighbors were asleep and the industrial complex was deserted and put her in the boat before rigor set in. He could have made the weights then too.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:07 AM

6th - Shawn Sibley confronted Scott about being married.
7th - Scott searched classified ads for a fishing boat.
8th - Scott searched maps of SF Bay and currents. He zoomed in on Brooks Island.
9th - Scott bought the fishing boat and told Amber he lost his wife.

My question is, later when Scott told detectives he was fishing off Brooks Island, did he say this was a planned fishing spot or a decision made that morning?

Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=scot...rBff4LLcni4fM:

1. Is it more likely the bodies crossed the bay from the other side along with a cement bag, or were dislodged from being weighted somewhere in the vicinity of Brooks Island/Albany Bulb?

2. Is it at all likely Conner's body never washed ashore at all, as the PWC site contends?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
6th - Shawn Sibley confronted Scott about being married.
7th - Scott searched classified ads for a fishing boat.
8th - Scott searched maps of SF Bay and currents. He zoomed in on Brooks Island.
9th - Scott bought the fishing boat and told Amber he lost his wife.

My question is, later when Scott told detectives he was fishing off Brooks Island, did he say this was a planned fishing spot or a decision made that morning?
He told the detectives that he decided to go fishing at the last minute because it was too cold to go golfing (which in and of itself doesn't make sense). However, he had a 2-day fishing license that was good for December 23rd and December 24th. No one on Scott's side has explained why he had a 2-day fishing license for the 23rd and 24th if he decided at the last minute to go fishing on the 24th.

Side note: any one who planned on fishing more than a couple of times a year would have bought a yearly license, since its usually cheaper. I looked it up, according to this page in California a resident 2-day fishing license is $23.50 and a resident year license is $47.01. If Scott just bought a boat to go fishing, why wouldn't he have bought the annual license?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't see how we'll ever solve this.
I have to disagree, a lot of people (myself included) would say that the case is already solved.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I have to disagree, a lot of people (myself included) would say that the case is already solved.
Of those who knew Scott and Laci, would it be fair to say the majority believe in his guilt, with the exception of those who are part of his immediate family?

Old 10-09-2017, 03:42 PM

GRACE: OK, Elizabeth, what about this one regarding the dinner table? Now, I think only a woman would have noticed this.

"I saw the table setting from the `People` magazine photo, and it looked like Scott set the table for Christmas Eve."

Now, if Peterson set the table for Christmas Eve, that says to me that he was trying to make it look as if Laci were alive longer, that she set the table. Why did it not fit for you? What was wrong with the table?

BIRD: It`s missing everything. It`s missing the table linens...

GRACE: I noticed the same thing.

BIRD: ... the napkins, the glasses.

GRACE: I noticed the same thing.

BIRD: And I`ve set a table with Laci, you know, and she does everything perfectly. So this was not a Laci table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime