Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 03:44 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev gets death - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
What an evil P.O.S. I'm not sure which would be worse for him - the death penalty or life in prison without parole, preferably solitary confinement - without access to a computer, books, anything - forever.

I've read that in some places that the death penalty will actually cost taxpayers more money than sending someone to life in prison. Go figure
I like the idea of making a person live a long miserable life...without access to the things you listed...but I hate the idea of paying for it...

in cases like this, the death sentence should be expedited...no 20 years of appeals...
tim McVeigh got it pretty quick, although I think he waved appeals?

this guy needs to be hung...and his remains cremated and dumped in a land fill...done...

Old 08-18-2015, 01:00 PM

Tsarnaev is appealing his death sentence. His defense team says that he deserves a new trial in a courtroom that's far away from Boston.
http://www.newsweek.com/boston-marat...entence-363764

Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Tsarnaev is appealing his death sentence. His defense team says that he deserves a new trial in a courtroom that's far away from Boston.
http://www.newsweek.com/boston-marat...entence-363764
You know, we in Massachusetts are sick and tired of seeing this maniac's face spread across the tv screen. After what he did, I can't even look at that face. The families don't want to hear about him. How can people whose family members were killed or maimed ever recover from what he did if it's never put to rest.

Everyone knows what he did. It's on video. The entire area was terrorized that night. Then a guy goes out into his backyard and finds this lowlife hiding in his boat. Lovely. We don't need any more.

He's a crazy person and he was educated by this state. Taken in and educated because he was a refuge and look how he pays us back. I don't want him sent back to his country to be a terrorist again. He just needs to be locked up forever and throw away the key. He probably didn't get a fair trial here--everyone hates him. But why waste more taxpayer money giving this criminal another trial. Even with a fair trial he's still guilty.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:28 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You know, we in Massachusetts are sick and tired of seeing this maniac's face spread across the tv screen. After what he did, I can't even look at that face. The families don't want to hear about him. How can people whose family members were killed or maimed ever recover from what he did if it's never put to rest.

Everyone knows what he did. It's on video. The entire area was terrorized that night. Then a guy goes out into his backyard and finds this lowlife hiding in his boat. Lovely. We don't need any more.

He's a crazy person and he was educated by this state. Taken in and educated because he was a refuge and look how he pays us back. I don't want him sent back to his country to be a terrorist again. He just needs to be locked up forever and throw away the key. He probably didn't get a fair trial here--everyone hates him. But why waste more taxpayer money giving this criminal another trial. Even with a fair trial he's still guilty.
VERY well said...I agree 100%...for the victims, their families, and the community...
execute this animal...in a very painful way
and put it on national tv...send a message
you come here and pull this crap you WILL suffer
This pigs entire family should have ALL citizenship revoked and sent back to their muslim sand box...and not allowed to EVER return...the apple doesn't fall far from the brainwashed lunatic tree

Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
And part of the problem is that this guy -- and everyone else like him -- is going to have a lifelong celebrity career because he acted like such a schmendrick. We need to get his face OFF the TV, not just out of respect for the victims but to put the next guy off signing up to be a terrorist. If the next guy sees Tsarnaev treated like the nothing he is, it will not look like such an attractive career option.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:

Agreed. Quite frankly, you could send that guy out here to the southwest and get the same verdict. Everyone hates that guy. They need to lock him up forever. The problem with death penalty cases is the expense involved and the endless appeals that just torture the families of the victims.

I don't care if they cut him up and feed him to pirhannahs personally, but he will probably outlive me on death row.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:09 AM

A federal appeals court threw out Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s death sentence in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, saying the judge who oversaw the case did not adequately screen jurors for potential biases.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/07/...athon-bombing/

Old 08-09-2020, 03:14 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,690 times
He's never getting out.
If only the wife could have been charged as an accomplice.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:29 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
He's never getting out.
If only the wife could have been charged as an accomplice.
You mean his dead brother's widow? Agree.
She should have been looked at more seriously- there is no way she did not know of her husband's activities in a small place: radical Internet surfing, making the explosives
And she is an American by birth: converted to Islam. They absolutely share the ideology.
I've heard she is estranged from her nice family, originally moved with her dead husband's sister.
Think she has re-married now.

We should charge our FBI agents too: Russia warned us twice about the brothers.
First they let the CIA know about them- did not get any response (guess they more familiar/used to deal with the CIA guys)
6 months later they contacted the FBI about Tsarnaevs- with the same warning.
FBI could have prevented this , but they just did a superficial check on them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime