Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times

Advertisements

Yes, It's happened again.

Yesterday, Zaryl Bush was sentenced to thirty years to life for the brutal beating death of young Teddy Foltz. The beating was administered in the presence of Teddy eight year old twin brothers.

This was not a one time event. Beatings, torture and ridicule were a part of daily life for the three boys and their mother's sadistic male companion. When Teddy died at Akron Children's Hospital he was found to have frost bitten feet, the result of being thrown out in the cold by Bush.

The boys once attended public school, but once the school started asking questions Bush and the boy's mother, removed them and decided to "home school" them, thus isolating them from others.

Neighbors reported seeing Bush force Teddy to walk on hot coals. The problem is, they reported it after he was murdered.

Judge Scott Kirchbaum called Bush "demonic" and said that he wished that he could sentience him to a longer term.

The twin brothers are now wards of the state.

I write about Teddy because I do not want him to be forgotten, Also because I am angry. At neighbors, relatives, and the school.

Time after time, it's the same scenario. Mother gets a boy friend or dad a girl friend and the children's lives turn to hell.

Children are removed from school. No questions are asked.

How many other times has this story played out?

I am sick of this. I have some ideas about how this could be avoided, but they involve changes in public policy that would restrict the rights of parents. It would require closer supervision of home schooled children and back ground checks of an unrelated adult - including a step parent who wishes to live in a home with minor children.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Natural parents also kill children. We don't hear about good step parents, only sensational crimes, where the boyfriend or step parent is abusive.

All step parents are not bad. We only hear about the bad ones.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:40 PM

It is a well known fact that children are at the highest risk of abuse while living with a non-related "disinterested" adult. An adult whose connection is only through a parent.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:12 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Default so sad...

what is wrong with this world? What about the Mother?
Koale

Old 06-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
what is wrong with this world? What about the Mother?
Koale

She will be sentenced in August on charges of child abuse and obstruction of justice. She helped the boyfriend hide evidence that her son was murdered.

The saddest and strangest thing is that she had a large, local extended family. Not that there is any excuse for this, but there were local family members who loved the boys and would have taken them in, I am sure. She was not all alone, although Bush did isolate them.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,683,776 times
Sad

Old 07-02-2013, 09:55 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I have often wondered about some sort of odd twist in the brain from our pre homo sabien selves, after all, when a new lion moves into a pride, the first thing he does, is kill all the cubs of last pride king. He wants resources for his own progeny, and killing cubs puts the lioness back into heat.

Some of us have evolved more than others...

Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have often wondered about some sort of odd twist in the brain from our pre homo sabien selves, after all, when a new lion moves into a pride, the first thing he does, is kill all the cubs of last pride king. He wants resources for his own progeny, and killing cubs puts the lioness back into heat.

Some of us have evolved more than others...
I think that this might be at play as well.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,988 times
This happens everywhere and every day. I am all for background checks and child service monitoring of children when an unrelated adult enters the picture.

Male or female. married or not.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Yo Zaryl...Good luck trying to bully the stronger and meaner sociopaths and psychopaths in prison. And with that, if you drop the soap, bend at the knees, not the waist.

Crimes against children are taking to kindly in the joint. He'll get a similar beating at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime