Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM

24 posts, read 51,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I, too, would like to have coverage.

There's different angles of interest on this case, something for everyone so to speak.

Judicial buffs can watch the court procedure.
Legal buffs can reference the state laws and applications of them.
Criminal psychology buffs can pick apart the sociopathic mind of Jodi.
Man-haters can criticize Travis's womanizing behavior.
Women-haters can blame Jodi's stalking behaviors, and seductive manipulation.

Let's not forget a visual plethora of photo's ranging from the beauty of Northern Arizona, to graphic shots taking during the killing, and salacious bedroom sex shots.

All this with the ultimate high stakes of the Death Penalty, which in it of itself is a volatile, hot topic.

Makes for riveting TV.
great point i gather this is why the media still holds onto this case.. due to the alluring appeal in every facet so many could/would have a vested interest in this case even if it is not a shared one .. it certainly reaches enough venues,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
God, it has been so wonderful not having to see her face or hear anything about her for the past few months. I bet she is really excited to come out of oblivion and back into the news, after all, she lives for that stuff.

I just want her to go away............forever. Don't care if they execute her or not, just want to never hear her name again. My dream would have been for her and Casey Anthony to be cellmates for the rest of their lives, but half a dream is better than none.

Don

Old 03-28-2014, 11:14 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Jury selection begins on September 8. As of now, no cameras are allowed in the courtroom, but CNN is petitioning to get that changed. I wouldn't mind watching Juan Martinez at work again! I WOULD mind watching Jodi at work agani, though.
Though I do feel Arias is guilty, I also feel that Martinez is full of himself.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:14 PM

102 posts, read 101,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
That is so true. They've made this guy out to be some incredible attorney. What a joke. A precocious pre-law student could've won this case working on it part time. He had a mountain of evidence, a despised defendant, etc. A slam dunk if there ever was one. He's out on the courthouse steps posing for pictures with trial groupies like some rock star. So unprofessional. And his career is riddled with allegations(and findings) of prosecutorial misconduct.

Yeah, he's such a superstar attorney, he's been drawing a public salary for 25 years instead of getting on at a private firm and tripling his income.

The media narrative of this case has been so out of whack.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:52 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Default Translation of Ear Witness during Murder of Meredith Kercher

Nara

This is the best translation we have of the testimony from the woman that lives in the apartment above the cottage. She heard a blood curdling prolonged scream, and running from the gravel road through the car park and clanging steps up the metal stairs.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.co...imony_(English)

(tried to post on the previous thread ... why is the quote button missing ... is it an old thread?)

Old 03-30-2014, 06:46 AM

155 posts, read 189,408 times
I clicked your link op, there isn't anything there ????

Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
He may be, I don't know.

I just enjoyed watching him tear Jodi down with his sarcasm.

Not only did she murder someone, but trying to say she was abused really puts a dent in the validity of others (I am one) who really WERE abused. That's what really got me angry.

Oh, and to the poster who mentioned that crowd outside the courthouse; that was unexpected, those people surrounded him. What was he supposed to do? Curse them? Angrily walk away? It wasn't a 'staged' event.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:38 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
You're right. Sorry about that. Let me try that again:

Nara Capezzali's Testimony (English) - The Murder of Meredith Kercher

I think the link is fixed now.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Arias case could be his first with exposure via media trial coverage and he's enjoying every minute of his fame. Jodi met her match.

If you research Martinez, during his career he's prosecuted some of worst cases in AZ history.

Sure, he could be making triple the salary in private practice, but he loves putting killers behind bars.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:34 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
They interrupt her so many times and don't let her finish a sentence...it's very hard to follow, but it seems she was used to this kind of thing, living in an area where there were drugs and lots of kids making noises late at night -- but she said that scream gave her goosebumps, so in hindsight, I'm sure she wished she had called the police.

It seems she heard two males running (from what I can tell; they keep interrupting her) that night, but I can't tell if those are the two she spoke to/spoke to her, or if that happened the next day, when she asked, "Why are you running?" It's really confusing!

The only thing that makes it seem like Amanda and Meredith were "not friendly anymore" was when she mentioned seeing them begin to walk to school separately instead of together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime