Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 08:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Do it since you are so much smarter than the rest of us.
With an attitude like this it's clear that you're not interested in a civil conversation.

Game over for you.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
More here.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33387516...f-scent/#page1

Phone and earbuds were planted in the days following the disappearance. It implies that the phone had been turned off and then turned back on to aid its discovery. The hair strands also imply what was going to be done to her.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Apparently not everyone views it as stalker a trait. In fact it helped this guy realize that something was awry with his wife.

It's a safety measure for anyone who has a partner, child or significant other who goes off alone with the possibility of something going wrong and not being able to locate or contact them.

It's very valuable tool. Nothing at all stalker like about it.
Exactly. My boyfriend and I can track each other with phones. I originally asked him to add me to his phone so he can find me. My reasoning is I have an old car and if I break down, he can find me easily. So he added me and then added himself on my phone too so I can track him. I primarily use it when I know he's coming over and I want to gage how much time I have to get ready. Lol

Anyway you have to get the person permission to track them. And you can remove them from your phone anytime. So it's consensual and not stalkerisk at all.

As for the case, I don't know what to think. I can't see someone faking those injuries. My first thought was sex trafficking too. She looks about 18-years-old. They might have dumped her when they found out she was in her 30s.

From what her husband said on the news tonight, they took her by gunpoint (for those asking how she was kidnapped).

I'm not going to judge this woman's story until more info comes out. She faked stuff in the past, but she's innocent (and a victim) until proven otherwise. I feel it's worse to possibly add to a crime victim's trauma by accusing her of lying than to possibly be tricked by a hoax and bruise my own pride.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:11 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
More here.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33387516...f-scent/#page1

Phone and earbuds were planted in the days following the disappearance. It implies that the phone had been turned off and then turned back on to aid its discovery. The hair strands also imply what was going to be done to her.
Now that's perplexing and makes me think Sherri did leave it there on purpose. Why would 2 women kidnappers place it there neatly? If I was a kidnapper I'd throw it in water or crush it. There is huge holes and inconsistencies and I will definitely watch 20/20

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I'm not going to judge this woman's story until more info comes out.
Same here...I just am not wired to speculate, in fact I am wired the exact opposite. Instead I make inferences based on the evidence.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The husband started one "for costs related to her search" right after she disappeared. It was closed when she was found, right at $50k.
And is he planning on donating any of that back for the cost of looking for? CA taxpayers like myself would love to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
How was she abducted? She was fit and athletic,out for a run. Two Latina women abducted her? Not likely. Either men abducted her, or more likely, she willingly got in a car.
The idea that two Latina women got their thrills for three weeks by torturing her, and then releasing her alive, is not believable.
Papini would not want to say her drug supplier or boyfriend beat her.
Drugs, money or love triangle - something was going on besides the story the Sheriff and the Papinis' are telling. Her husband isn't very bright.
No, it isn't believable. It makes no sense, and usually when it makes no sense it isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think if the police believed that there was a threat of more people being abducted they would have released more information for people to be on the "look out" ...so that tells me 1. they don't believe this crime was random... 2. they doubt her story/description and don't want to put anymore information out until they are sure...
Exactly. Something else is going on here.

The husband doesn't seem too bright, and seems to enjoying the limelight. He will probably end up spilling the beans.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I am very familiar with HIPAA laws thank you.

What I said and what the other poster said was there are no photos or video of her. Didn't say anything about what her medical evaluation was.

He certainly is, going to be on 20/20 now. What happened to wanting to be private?
Because it's very hard to keep quiet when it feels like your whole world is speculating about you. He should though because evil wretched people will think evil wretched things and armchair detectives will try to make hay out of the half baked "clues" and no one but nobody knows the whole story at this point.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:19 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Don't kid yourself. Human trafficking happens in the U.S. more than people realize.

Just check a few of these links https://www.bing.com/search?q=Human+...S.&FORM=EDGNNC
Human trafficking happens with marginalised people. What I've said previously is that you don't get middle-class Americans or Western Europeans, Australians etc being kidnapped for human trafficking. Has anyone got any actual examples of that happening? I think it would be very unusual. Human trafficking in most western countries is people from poorer Asian, African countries and Eastern Europeans being trafficked in for the sex trade, forced labour etc. You don't get girls on the streets being kidnapped in Western countries to be sold into sexual slavery. Why would someone kidnap a woman in the US if they have a family who will report them missing and a modern police force that will use every resource to find them? They have an unlimited supply in much poorer countries where they will not be looked for.

In most cases of women being kidnapped in places like the US they very rarely come back alive except in a few exceptional cases and those women have been held captive usually for sexual purposes. The vast majority of victims will be killed very shortly after their capture.

This case is unusual in that it is 2 women who are the perpetrators and the fact that they released the person alive. There has still being no motive given for this kidnap. It is definitely an intriguing case and it will be interesting to see how it is resolved.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah, I don't agree two Latina women abucted her for thrills.

Don't know about your other speculations, but not buying the two Hispanic female abuctors theory.
These two women dumped her off. There may have been more people involved maybe in the abduction part in the beginning. Who knows?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:16 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Nah, this whole story smells bad. Bet when the truth comes out we will see these two hatched a little plan for financial gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime