Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 10:25 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,342,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanresources View Post
Did they ever say what was "branded" on her body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nope, just a message vs. a symbol. They have not told us what the message said.
And to add to Matadora's post, the police did not want that information released. If they had someone of interest at any point, the person of interest might have slipped up and revealed that the victim had a branding done. At that point, the police would have more evidence against the person of interest.

I do hope they do not release what was branded. I have a bad feeling the husband may just let that piece of information slip out during his interview on Friday.

Law enforcement keeps things back from the public. It really does help them catch the perpetrators. If they pull someone in for questioning and something that the general public doesn't know gets revealed by said perp, LE then have a much better chance at arresting the correct person.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Sherri and her husband look like sister and brother

ah-hah!.....

Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
i have a hard time believing this is not a real situation, although it seems like a poorly written script on the surface. All of the law enforcement officers interviewing SP believe her. She has sat through hours of interviews.

I think KP decided to be open about SP's injuries because so many people thought it was a hoax. I was one of those people. LE was revealing so little information that it was impossible to put it all together. KP wanted to set the record straight. Unfortunately, it looks like the relationship between KP and LE is now strained, so KP is acting in a renegade manner, surely against the wishes and advice of LE.

If this does somehow end up to be a ruse, then Redding has a serious Keystone Cops issue.

How much involvement does the FBI have in this case? It seems like they should be the lead investigative body, but maybe there's a jurisdictional issue.

I'd also like to know how it's possible that no motive has been nailed down, after hours and hours of interviews with SP.
I agree with the bolded as far as his first statement on SP's injuries. And worse, LE even though they said they believed it was a real sitch often phrased things in such a way that cast doubt on that. Whether that was intentional, to keep their options open or the Sheriff is just a poor communicator, I don't know.

But, having set the record straight, possibly hindering the investigation in the process, not sure why KP feels the need to keep talking.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,266,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I am very familiar with HIPAA laws thank you.
What I said and what the other poster said was there are no photos or video of her. Didn't say anything about what her medical evaluation was.
Apparently you don't fully understand HIPAA Laws. These Laws also state that no identifying information can be released about any patient that can identify them and their condition. Any photos of her now would indicate who she is and what her condition is.

Next it's her prerogative and rights to not have photos of her trauma released. You need to apply common sense when evaluating this case.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
What I keep thinking about is I read that when the searched for her after the "kidnapping" they found her ipod and cell phone on the trail. I can understand the ipod but the cell? Just seems a little staged to me because it would be impossible to track her using find my phone and she wouldn't be able to secretly contact 911. What they do with that gofundme money will be very telling on what's going on here. Right now I'm skeptical...

Old 12-01-2016, 11:41 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
If anything, it seems more like he had something done to his wife. Not that she had anything to do with it.

I don't know. Time will tell. People are stupid and make mistakes which eventually leads them to get caught.

I honestly don't understand the husband wanting to potentially messing up this case....unless he Wants to mess up the case. I mean dropping details that the police don't want known. Who does that crap?!?!

Oh, and he's scheduled to be on 20/20 this Friday at 10 pm eastern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
This is what raises red flags for me more than anything. It's like he's loving the attention.
Exactly.

I realize people are different, but he seems way overeager to publicize himself.

I can't imagine seeking the limelight like that in similar situation.

Gives me a bad feeling.

Has someone started a Gofundme account for the family yet? You know, medical expenses and trauma and all?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:59 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
i have a hard time believing this is not a real situation, although it seems like a poorly written script on the surface. All of the law enforcement officers interviewing SP believe her. She has sat through hours of interviews.

I think KP decided to be open about SP's injuries because so many people thought it was a hoax. I was one of those people. LE was revealing so little information that it was impossible to put it all together. KP wanted to set the record straight. Unfortunately, it looks like the relationship between KP and LE is now strained, so KP is acting in a renegade manner, surely against the wishes and advice of LE.

If this does somehow end up to be a ruse, then Redding has a serious Keystone Cops issue.

How much involvement does the FBI have in this case? It seems like they should be the lead investigative body, but maybe there's a jurisdictional issue.

I'd also like to know how it's possible that no motive has been nailed down, after hours and hours of interviews with SP.

Why is he so obsessed with what social media spouts? It seems to me that given the same situation, I might stand back and let law enforcement do their job, and support and protect my wife, not jump on the MSM which only adds to the rumors and speculation I would be trying to avoid. The more he talks, the more he jeopardizes the accuracy of the investigation.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:19 PM

131 posts, read 160,686 times
Just saw on my local news station she is in the hospital today, recovering.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Can't blame him for making these statements on Good Morning America. I also find many of the posts in this thread disgusting.

Keith also addressed the media attention and speculation his wife's disappearance generated, branding some rumors "disgusting".

"Rumors, assumptions, lies and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. We are not going to allow those people to take away our spirit, love or rejoice in our girl found alive and home where she belongs," he said.

"I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money or some fabricated race war. I do not see a purpose in addressing each preposterous lie."

Old 12-01-2016, 12:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99wECOfJR8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime