Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 10:12 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times

Advertisements

I hadn't seen anything about this case before. A 17 yo kid was accused of murdering his parents. I just saw it on Dateline last night, and wondered why the police didn't give him a polygraph after the kid offered several times. Most police I've heard of jump at the chance to polygraph a suspect.

I can't decide if he's guilty or not. Anyone more familiar with this case?

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...se/3512779002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 12:47 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
They also didn't test his hands and arms for gunshot residue. Based on the Dateline story I would say he's not guilty and that the police dept was very inept at the investigation.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:58 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
It seems he's innocent.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:21 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Absolutely no blood on the kid's clothing either. One of the prosecution's people said that's not unusual for a small caliber gun, but the shot to the father's head was very close range. I'd have to see photos of the room to decide. If there is high velocity blood spatter anywhere, then I don't see how he could have gotten out of there without any on his clothes.

He seems like an intelligent kid, but even if he had it perfectly planned out, 11 minutes isn't much time to execute it. Get out of the handcuffs, shoot his parents, change clothes into something very similar to what the officer who was just there saw him in, get rid of the bloody clothes -- bury them, drop them into a septic tank, or something. Quickly wash the blood spatter off his hands and arms. Put the handcuffs back on and run to the neighbor's house in time to summon the police back in 11 minutes.

I did find it suspicious that the father's gunshot wound was to the back of the head. I can get into position to do that without nearly the contortions that the prosecution's person said it would take, but why would the dad do it htat way? So much easier just to put the gun in your mouth or under your chin like normal suicides. LOL

Yeah I'm leaning towards not guilty too.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:10 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
My first thought on the gunshot from the back of the head was that he may of wanted to do it that way to make people think someone shot him from behind and not list him as a suicide and put the blame elsewhere.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,901 times
Yes. I was curious why Mankiewicz apparently avoided asking law enforcement why they didn't administer the polygraph Madison requested...

Old 04-13-2020, 06:44 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
I saw it. I think he's innocent.
Can't understand why they say that he'd be able to get out of the handcuffs, do the deed, and back in to the cuffs????

Old 04-14-2020, 08:55 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I saw it. I think he's innocent.
Can't understand why they say that he'd be able to get out of the handcuffs, do the deed, and back in to the cuffs????
There was a handcuff key in the room. He was a skinny kid, he could step through his handcuffed arms to get the handcuffs in front of him, then use the key to get them off. Then do the opposite to get them back on.

What I don't understand is the prosecution's contention that if he claims he didn't hear the gunshot, he's definitely lieing. Did the people in the house that he ran to hear the gunshot? Not that I've heard of. So if they didn't hear it, it's possible Madison didn't either.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
I saw this again today...and I did hear where they said the handcuff keys were on the table by him and the camera did a close up of them...I must have missed it before..

They also said they tested Madison's hand for gunshot residue, and there was none.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:22 AM

436 posts, read 578,631 times
I don't believe the son did it. I think law enforcement wanted to pin it on him. Law enforcement left behind a volatile situation which had not been resolved or cooled down. If they would have separated the parties involved, most specifically the Father then perhaps they could have all lived another day. I believe that law enforcement blamed the son to divert criticism of the original incident and their handling of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime