Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:32 PM

9 posts, read 38,332 times

Advertisements

Hello i was wondering is anyone has any info on John Micheal Braae? I know he was in Lacey for the trial but have not been able to pull anything up on it sense May on the olympian newspaper. I was the manager of the apartment complex where he murdered my friend. I have been looking to see if he gets what he deserves but no luck. If anyone knows anything about this (it happened in July 2001) i know he also shot another gal. Hope someone can tell me something. Thank you for looking at this page anyway if you dont.
mok9698
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 03:46 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
Oh man, sorry to hear that one of your friends was killed by this guy.

Yeah, I remember when the trials were going on but never heard either what happened to Braae. I'll be interested too if anybody knows what happened to him.

Just for everybody's clarification, this guy didn't kill a coyboy but was called a cowboy because of his appearance ...he allegedly killed several women.

Okay, more later.

--'rocco

Old 01-18-2007, 08:29 PM

6 posts, read 37,640 times
Smile One Sugestion

Call the DA's office in the county it was tried in and ask what the final verdict was. It is public information- and I can't see the DA not being helpful to answer the question. It's always good to know when the sicko is coming up on parole.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,799 times
I would also like any further information on mike (cowboy killer) that anyone has, as he is a frist cousin and we grew up together. but I can never seem to find out what is the latest on him as I never knew his real mother ,only his step and I can't seem to find her and his father has passed.... thanks for any info u have

Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,288 times
He was in Yakima for trial until May of 06. A mistrial was declared- IIRC, the victim was the only witness, and her brain injury was such that the jury could not convict. During the time he was in jail here, he attempted escape several times. Now that the trial here is over, I believe he was transferred to Thurston County Jail to await trial there.
(Google News Archive "cowboy mike"

I hope something finally sticks.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Thank you for the ones who tried to help, i wam writing to let you know all know that i found out that he started trial in Thurston Co. yesterday. I sure hope he gets what he deserves. He is a cold person and took away a wonderful friend.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 AM

22 posts, read 207,257 times
I am signed up for google alerts for Olympia, WA and this was one of the feeds I was emailed today regarding the cowboy murder trial...

Murder trial begins | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR - Roseburg, Oregon | Local & Regional News

Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM

Ok so if anyone heres anything new in the trial please let me know. I have been watching the news in Olympia but have not seen anything sense last week.
Have a great week everyone.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:08 AM

22 posts, read 207,257 times
Default Guilty!

Updated article link:
Local News | `Cowboy Mike' Braae convicted of rape, murder of WA woman | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 4,335 times
I know that he is from Bonney Lake. When I was 15 and he was 21, him and a friend attempted to trap me in a car and I'm pretty sure there intent was rape. I ran from them and they were tracking me down..... very scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime