Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,673 times

Advertisements

This whole thing is reminding me of the Elvis Presley $etup. Just let the woman rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 7,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
That's true...
but you should not just sit by and let that person drive down that road.
My best friend was addicted to herion. I mean..she would look me right in the eye and lie to me about doing anything like that. I never stopped trying to get her help. I broke down in front of her millions of times. Crying,begging her to stop. I got angry and literally beat her. I did everything that I could.
It took her being thrown out of a moving car to realize that she needed help. And I was behind her all the way.
So, yes.. its true that if they don't want help.. they will not seek it out. But you do NOT stand by and watch them slowly kill themselves.

you have to remember this is someone who is surrounded by money. She's in control how easy would it be to just say "if you don't get them for me leave, I can get someone else to do it for me". know why if Birkhead was so concern and while he was in the hospital supposedly Howard brought in a duffel bag with drug. Why didn't Birkhead inform authorities,doctors, someone who would of stop-ed this madness. Why because its all Bull-----!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxxy1onu View Post

you have to remember this is someone who is surrounded by money. She's in control how easy would it be to just say "if you don't get them for me leave, I can get someone else to do it for me". know why if Birkhead was so concern and while he was in the hospital supposedly Howard brought in a duffel bag with drug. Why didn't Birkhead inform authorities,doctors, someone who would of stop-ed this madness. Why because its all Bull-----!!!!!!!!
Wow.
How silly of me.
And to think I would have understood it reading it the other 2 times.

*in a mood*

Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
The crying Judge Seidlin...what a farce. What a complete freakin' idiot. What a complete waste of time. He has passed the body to the custody of the third party he assigned as Dannielynn's guardian Ad Litum for the case, Millstein. He denied Vergie Arthur and Howard Stern's petitions for custody of the body. But, he put it in hands of the court-appointed guardian/ Ad Litum who has already stated that he can't make a decision without establishing who the father is. Yet Seidlin refused to get involved with the paternity issue. So will Anna Nicole Smith be a rotted corpse now before getting buried? The way he's ruled, the Ad Litum is going to have to establish the paternity of the father to establish who has legal claim as next of kin. How long will that take?
So what happened? Nothing. The judge in the end passed the buck and left the situation totally unresolved and the last three days mean nothing because everyone is back to square one. The only value of all this testimony is that it helps make prosecuting Howard K. Stern easier for being a abetter of ANS's drug habits as well as it blew apart all his claims of an intimate relationship as well as exposed his monetary interest worth millions being part of the Howard Marshall estate case. Even that film clip that shows ANS bombed with her face painted while 8 months pregnant and Stern's voice saying how much that film would be 'worth' while she's on "mushrooms"...and pregnant.... The testimony of drug supplying and enabling and today's film clip help present Stern as an unfit parent even if he were the paternal father. He lost big in this drama, though the end result is unresolved by this incompent judge who sobs on the bench.
The Ad Litum now has been given the decision and told to allow all three parties to be consulted. Yet in the meantime Anna Nicole Smith's body is rotting and that situation is becoming untenable. The judge said he wants the body buried with her son, but it's not a judicial ruling or order, just his personal preference and carries no weight of law.
This is just an amazing case of judicial incompetence. Judge Seidlin should be thrown out of his seat. He resolved nothing.

Interesting. Vergie Arthur has already appealed the ruling.

Last edited by MoMark; 02-22-2007 at 03:09 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
He's certainly long-winded enough, I kept just thinking CUT TO THE CHASE, so he passes the buck, and somebody else gets their fifteen minutes of fame. It appeared there was some kind of gremlin activity when they were trying to play that tape, unless those Einstein lawyers weren't smart enough to work the VCR...

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-22-2007 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: add,

Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Oh, and the elusive Billy Smith phoning in his testimony??? Who is this person? I mean, just how important/busy do you have to be to get to do this?
Maybe the fact that this judge indicated his belief that she ought to be buried next to her son will carry a little weight when it is finally decided.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:29 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,750 times
Exclamation Double & triple duplicate postings?

Hey- What's going on here? The posts by Sxxy1onu keep appears multiple times???

HELLO MOD & ADMIN. ?
Is there a system glitch or is there a giant stutter ??

Old 02-22-2007, 04:02 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
The crying Judge Seidlin...what a farce. What a complete freakin' idiot. What a complete waste of time. He has passed the body to the custody of the third party he assigned as Dannielynn's guardian Ad Litum for the case, Millstein. He denied Vergie Arthur and Howard Stern's petitions for custody of the body. But, he put it in hands of the court-appointed guardian/ Ad Litum who has already stated that he can't make a decision without establishing who the father is. Yet Seidlin refused to get involved with the paternity issue. So will Anna Nicole Smith be a rotted corpse now before getting buried? The way he's ruled, the Ad Litum is going to have to establish the paternity of the father to establish who has legal claim as next of kin. How long will that take?
So what happened? Nothing. The judge in the end passed the buck and left the situation totally unresolved and the last three days mean nothing because everyone is back to square one. The only value of all this testimony is that it helps make prosecuting Howard K. Stern easier for being a abetter of ANS's drug habits as well as it blew apart all his claims of an intimate relationship as well as exposed his monetary interest worth millions being part of the Howard Marshall estate case. Even that film clip that shows ANS bombed with her face painted while 8 months pregnant and Stern's voice saying how much that film would be 'worth' while she's on "mushrooms"...and pregnant.... The testimony of drug supplying and enabling and today's film clip help present Stern as an unfit parent even if he were the paternal father. He lost big in this drama, though the end result is unresolved by this incompent judge who sobs on the bench.
The Ad Litum now has been given the decision and told to allow all three parties to be consulted. Yet in the meantime Anna Nicole Smith's body is rotting and that situation is becoming untenable. The judge said he wants the body buried with her son, but it's not a judicial ruling or order, just his personal preference and carries no weight of law.
This is just an amazing case of judicial incompetence. Judge Seidlin should be thrown out of his seat. He resolved nothing.

Interesting. Vergie Arthur has already appealed the ruling.
MoMark, Hopefully you haven't had to venture into the legal system too often. Judge Seidlin is not an anomaly. I've sat in courtrooms and have observed things that would make your head spin. There are judges on the bench that I honestly believe don't feel that they should follow statute, but be writing (and rewriting) it every chance they get. Some has to do with interpretaion of law with maybe some common sense mixed in, but I've seen rulings that defy logic. I wish I would have video taped every time I've stepped into a courtroom in the last 30 years. I would be able to write a book and produce a movie about what goes on. Reading some of the posts here it is obvious that some people are frustrated with the buffoonery that this judge and lawyers exibited and entertained. To those people I say just imagine going through that on a weekly basis. It's unfortunate that not only celebrity trials come down to being a circus act at times but it's just as common in traffic court. I heard on MSNBC that Judge Seidlin said that once his order was signed he would never talk about this hearing again. Anybody want to lay odds, I can be coerced to bet on occasion.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
It appeared there was some kind of gremlin activity when they were trying to play that tape, unless those Einstein lawyers weren't smart enough to work the VCR...
How many lawyers does it take to work a vcr

Wouldn't you think the stupid thing would of been set up by then

Old 02-23-2007, 05:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,750 times
Wink Whats the latest?

any news today? any breaking developments?

I'll was looking forward to a concise summary & breakdown from Momark.

I couldn't bear watching the last episode in the courtroom the other night even after taking my prescribed Viodan(sp?) I was taking for recent tooth surgery !!! Too painful.. much too too painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime