Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, I didn't make it up and YOU have been around long enough to have read all the posts by repubs defending things like bloated executive pay...just because you haven't the courage to admit it doesn't mean I'm wrong
There is a huge difference between people (and not just repubs) defending executive payscales and defending or defining Madoff as anything but the crook he is.
It is like this......many democrats fully support abortion. Now, would it be acceptable for me to tout all demmies are celebrating because someone murdered her 6 month old? No. Because abortion and the murder of a 6 month old are not the same or even remotely related. Kinda like Madoff is not the same as non criminal executives. Though I will certainly say that Madoff, bank executives and both repub and demmie politicians have a lot in common as far as having extremely vague ethical boundaries....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Nope, I haven't either....but I got a few knickers in a twist with....

"""Bet the repubs think the Madoffs should keep all the money...after all they're the uber rich who EARNED it through hard work AND created jobs..!!!"""""""
Yeah, funny how liars have that effect on people.....

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Personally, I think Mrs. Madeoffwithotherpeople'smoney should lose everything and be reduced to taking a job as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
but I got a few knickers in a twist....
You wish, but you have managed to reveal yourself as the partisan tool that you are.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yeah, funny how liars have that effect on people.....
Please give proof that I lied....?????

With all the lies you've told I've never called you out on them....but will now....

Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Please give proof that I lied....?????

With all the lies you've told I've never called you out on them....but will now....
Like what? Do tell.

And you admitted that you 'exaggerated' in order to make a point of some kind of partisan bs. You have nothing to back it up, and then in another post you defended your 'exaggeration' as a means to get 'knickers in a twist'.

But please - correct me. Was that your intention? Do you have any proof whatsoever then a feeling that this how repubs think? And I lied? Like when? What post? What thread?

Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
What I find interesting is the fact that Madoff, a well-known Democrat, is vilified for stealing from the little old ladies, while at the same time Democrats state over and over that we need to take from the rich and "spread the wealth." Most of the people that invested with him were rich....I thought you guys would be happy?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
Hopefully, due to the scrutiny that this case has generated good old Bernie will not get to live out his days in a "Country Club" type prison. Hopefully, he's placed in Gen Pop in Leavenworth or some such place with few perks and gets to live out his days punching license plates and nights servicing his roomy "Bubba". That would be justice.

In cases of massive fraud we really need to consider using the death penalty. China has one up on us here, in cases of serious fraud or government corruption the punishment is a bullet behind the ear!

Maybe that would help clean up Wall Street and Washington!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Bet the repubs think the Madoffs should keep all the money...after all they're the uber rich who EARNED it through hard work AND created jobs..!!!

There you go with that lying again. Must be like an addiction or something.

Im sure you can quote most of the repubs saying they think he should keep the money he stole.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
I have no idea what the Madoff's are and it doesn't matter....I'm commenting on what the repubs think of them.....repubs should be proud of them as "The Wealthy Gods" and ignore their political affiliation.

Its the dems who are proud of criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime