Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

Ruth Madoff, you are no longer welcome here. That's the message that's been sent to the wife of $50 billion Ponzi scheme master Bernie Madoff, whose business is being turned away by the posh Upper East Side hair and beauty salon where she has been a client for the past decade.

Bye Bye Beauty: Ruth Madoff Banned From Upper East Side Hair Salon - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,345 times
For whatever it is worth, and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, however, from the articles I have just read this afternoon pertaining to his wife, she lied to the government i.e., that some of those millions were hers , that she inherited from her parents when in fact, she only inherited close to a million dollars, not that one million is a minimal amount...so, if that is her stance, perhaps in addition to being an outcast and no longer welcome at that beauty salon, perhaps some of those additional millions and millions of dollars in her own account(s), perhaps she should relinquish some of that sum and give back to those victims, some of those victims who were her friends as much as his friends...although I am not quite sure how she can even face any of those people, no less in a salon.

Wow....perhaps she should be compelled to only have a million forever, learn to live on a budget and learn to appreciate Supercuts!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Doesnt she get like over 2million to live out her life? Some of their prey lost every dime they had. I think she needs to go live in a homeless shelter and forget about her hair.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
For whatever it is worth, and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, however, from the articles I have just read this afternoon pertaining to his wife, she lied to the government i.e., that some of those millions were hers , that she inherited from her parents when in fact, she only inherited close to a million dollars, not that one million is a minimal amount...so, if that is her stance, perhaps in addition to being an outcast and no longer welcome at that beauty salon, perhaps some of those additional millions and millions of dollars in her own account(s), perhaps she should relinquish some of that sum and give back to those victims, some of those victims who were her friends as much as his friends...although I am not quite sure how she can even face any of those people, no less in a salon.

Wow....perhaps she should be compelled to only have a million forever, learn to live on a budget and learn to appreciate Supercuts!
I think Mrs. Slimeball has to give up 80 million leaving the poor dear only a few million to live on....I hope they keep investigating and prove her involvement and instead of jailing her throw her onto the streets with nothing but a shopping cart! The whole family has a deep stench to it !

Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Ruth Madoff, you are no longer welcome here. That's the message that's been sent to the wife of $50 billion Ponzi scheme master Bernie Madoff, whose business is being turned away by the posh Upper East Side hair and beauty salon where she has been a client for the past decade.

Bet the repubs think the Madoffs should keep all the money...after all they're the uber rich who EARNED it through hard work AND created jobs..!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
She should be left a bag lady on the streets!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,825,998 times
Don't forget her sons. They all should be left with their birthday suits only, if they cannot prove income from a source other than the one stolen funds by their father. Out of their homes, cars and any property they own ASAP. They should not be permitted to live like kings on stolen money. Ruth should be in a cell next to her hubby.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Although....wouldn't it be fun to give her one final "do" ?
....with a little "oops" here and a little "oops" there and have her come out with bald spots and purple frizz!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Bet the repubs think the Madoffs should keep all the money...after all they're the uber rich who EARNED it through hard work AND created jobs..!!!
Really? Like who? Have any links are do you just enjoy throwing out bogus claims to make the 'other side' look bad?

I have yet to hear/read anyone - repug or otherwise - who thinks Madoffs are heros and deserve their ill gotten gains. Not a single one.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You forgot to mention they were Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime