Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
How dare another country to not run their court systems the way we tell them to!
No need to put words in my mouth. All I said is it needed to be fair..JUST. They call their system a JUSTICE system. I've seen no sign of it being just. That isn't from my being an American, that comes from my being HUMAN.........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This girl fit the classic definition of a psychopath
  1. Glibness/superficial charm.
  2. Grandiose sense of self-worth.
  3. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
  4. Pathological lying
  5. Cunning/manipulative
  6. Lack of remorse or guilt
  7. Shallow affect
  8. Callous/lack of empathy
  9. Parasitic lifestyle
  10. Poor behavioral controls
  11. Promiscuous sexual behavior
  12. Early behavior problems
  13. Lack of realistic, long-term plans
  14. Impulsivity
  15. Irresponsibility
  16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  17. Many short-term marital relationships
  18. Juvenile delinquency
  19. Revocation of conditional release
  20. Criminal versatility
You must have known her personally? Somehow I don't think so.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:40 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times
Quote:
Of course they were going to convict her. The trial was just for show.

We as Americans forget that our country's laws and legal protections do not follow us wherever we go around the world. In most of the world, you have to prove your innocence and even then it doesn't always matter.
Think what you will, but you can't just write off the Italian legal system like that while assuming the US legal system is the one and true paradigm for how a legal system should be properly set up. While there are several reasons to be skeptical about the outcome of this particular trial due to the way in which the case was handled, Italy's justice system isn't just a 'show' as you imply. Italy isn't some middle-income, semi-democratic country; it's a high-income, developed democracy which also happens to be both a member of the European Union and a close ally. They have a fully developed judiciary that is separate and largely co-equal with the other branches. Now, again, there are some serious problems with the way in which this particular case was handled. Let's see what happens in the appeals process where there may still be a decent chance of this being overturned.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM

328 posts, read 573,415 times
Nobody batted an eye when the accomplice from Africa was convicted, why is she any different?

They all are guilty, they all should rot in the Italian jail.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:50 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
Nobody batted an eye when the accomplice from Africa was convicted, why is she any different?

No one on this forum knows if she is guilty or not and it's rather pointless to act like we do. All we know is what we've heard second hand through the media which really isn't all that much when it comes to particulars. Moreover, I seriously doubt anyone arguing about this has actually paid all that much attention to this trial over the past several weeks. They may have done it and they may have not; most of us Americans are going to want to sympathize with Amanda Knox and will tend to assume that she's innocent and the Italian legal system is 'bad' without recognizing that the trial could have mishandled and she could still have actually done it.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:

You mean the one that fled and whose semen was found on the victim?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She is an evil little girl who was also involved in the murder of a British girl. I guess she thought her pretty little face made her invincible.

Sorrrrryy. Have fun in prison.
Please send in your jury duty exclusion and save us all the hassle so you don't end up on a jury pool somewhere. It's statements and thinking like this, that break the system for us all!

Old 12-06-2009, 01:35 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What a beautiful young lady that Amanda is. She's got the preferred skin color (white), angelic face, the preferred eye color (blue). She was an exchange student in Italy, so she was privileged as well. Probably had an enormous sense of entitlement too. She probably felt she was invincible. Naturally, this society is going to give her the utmost consideration. If she looked like Michelle Obama, I don't think her case would grab headlines and people here wouldn't care what happened to her, assuming that she was probably guilty.

I say given that she was so privileged and that the Italian authorities knew that she would command great exposure from her home country, they THOROUGHLY investigated this case and made sure she committed that crime. So I say absolutely, she deserves whatever punishment she gets for taking that girl's life.

Amanda Knox is a low life with an angelic face, and as far as I'm concerned, she should spend the rest of her life behind bars.
Let me get this straight...you are convicting her because she is white? Your logic states that since she's white, the italians must have made very sure she's guilty-making her guilty? The Italians may or may not be racist (worth its own thread) but to base the supposed effectiveness of the investigation on the girl's race is ridiculous.

From what I know of the case I believe she is guilty-being an accomplice in the crime at the very least. But your racist "logic" is quite frightening and I hope you never serve as a juror.

I have no idea if she's privileged or not, You don't have to be wealthy to study abroad in Europe.

P.S. Did OJ have the "preferred" skin color or eyes?

Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:

Perhaps because Knox is an American while that guy was from the Ivory Coast? I'm sure if anyone cares in the IC about this, that guy will get the most attention. The Italian boyfriend isn't mentioned as much either. I suppose Americans just want to be certain one of their own isn't wrongfully convicted. While I believe she is guilty I'm not sure if the case would have been any different had she been innocent.

As an American that has studied abroad I can relate to her (well, except for the drug crazed sex rituals and the probable brutal murder that is).

Old 12-06-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
This girl fit the classic definition of a psychopath
  1. Glibness/superficial charm.
  2. Grandiose sense of self-worth.
  3. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
  4. Pathological lying
  5. Cunning/manipulative
  6. Lack of remorse or guilt
  7. Shallow affect
  8. Callous/lack of empathy
  9. Parasitic lifestyle
  10. Poor behavioral controls
  11. Promiscuous sexual behavior
  12. Early behavior problems
  13. Lack of realistic, long-term plans
  14. Impulsivity
  15. Irresponsibility
  16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  17. Many short-term marital relationships
  18. Juvenile delinquency
  19. Revocation of conditional release
  20. Criminal versatility
Ahem...you do realize this pretty much sums up most of the young American female population right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime