Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,143 times

Advertisements

I lived in Tucson years ago...mid '70's.

I lived on E. Monte Vista, Tucson Blvd, and Tanque Verde Rd.
(Wow...still have some brain cells!)

...anyway, I live in western New York and seriously thinking of moving back to Tucson. I am SO over the mud, slush, freezing temperatures and scraping car windows. Enough!!!

I plan on flying out in August (I have friends there)...and taking a look-see.

I am looking for a small house to rent in a decent neighborhood.

Questions:

1.) What are the "safe" areas of Tucson these days?
2.) What would the price range be per month for a small house.
3.) Do the "drug cartel" problems of Mexico have any effect in Tucson?

...any help with these questions would be appreciated.
JB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 PM

444 posts, read 1,352,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuddy12345 View Post
1.) What are the "safe" areas of Tucson these days?
The neighborhoods immediately surrounding Downtown are nice. North is nice past about Roger. East is okay past about Swan. South is generally not good. West is mostly college students up to some wealthier neighborhoods in the mountains. That's a vast generalization though. It's really, really spotty though. Street-to-street, really. It would help to know the area of town you'll be working.

Quote:
2.) What would the price range be per month for a small house.
$1100 if you're talking detached. It depends on the neighborhood though. Most houses are going to be 2br, minimum. If you open yourself to townhomes, which are flooding the rental market right now, then it goes to around $800-900, and you still get the yard.

Quote:
3.) Do the "drug cartel" problems of Mexico have any effect in Tucson?
"Cartels?" People just think Southern Arizona is like Sierra Leone, huh?
There's drugs, but no cartels really. They find drop houses every once in a while, for both drugs and people smuggling, but it's rare, and it honestly doesn't seem to affect the neighborhood a whole lot because they're always gone. It's the actual dealers that are more a problem. I had a friend that lived across from a drop house and you would have never known until they raided the place one night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: