Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 03:13 PM

444 posts, read 1,352,624 times

Advertisements

This is on CL now. I haven't seen it, of course, but it looks nice and that's a fantastic neighborhood with fairly quick access to UMC. I used to walk through La Madera on my way to work and looked at it extensively for a rental later, but it's mostly owner-occupied.
Completely furnished, Studio GH, Very Quiet and Pet Friendly (http://tucson.craigslist.org/sub/2252910840.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 PM

24 posts, read 94,791 times
Hey thanks sierraAZ for passing the information and feedback.
I'll probably be steering away from those areas now. I have the Extended Stay @ Grant saved as a backup.

@coatimundi - thanks to you as well for the information. That area and posting did look nice, but the dates were not agreeable unfortunately.

I'm a visiting medical student coming there for a month of class, so I definitely needed a place that was in a generally decent area where I could study and relax in the evenings, and at the same time - wouldn't mind appreciating some "nicer" local areas where I could just walk around in during the evenings and weekends too. Is the Extended Stay @ Grant something like that?

Otherwise, I suppose the prices I'm looking for would have to be increased just a bit - closer to that Grant/Extended Stay rate and something within a 15-20 minute commute to UMC - if you have anything to add that might fit - that would be great. Thanks again y'all.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in "Tucson" if I can get on a highway/expressway to UMC within that 15-20min drive... so further north or east would be okay too.

Last edited by sirscrubsalot; 03-08-2011 at 09:10 PM..

Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 AM

444 posts, read 1,352,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirscrubsalot View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be in "Tucson" if I can get on a highway/expressway to UMC within that 15-20min drive... so further north or east would be okay too.
You should look at a map a little because it sounds you're not at all familiar with the area. There is basically one freeway and it's no where near UMC. 15-20 minutes away means a 7-mile radius or thereabouts.
If you scan Craig's List link for ads you should find something. There are always short-term rentals for at and under $1000 per month in good areas.

And just an FYI, no one in Tucson says "y'all".

Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,577,808 times
I have no idea what your price range is, but there is a place called The Riverside Suites and they have studio apartments as well as one and two bedroom units. They are an executive short term stay community with about 25 units, a pool, laundry and putting green at Limberlost and Campbell about 5 minutes or so from UMC. They are next to a Trader Joe's, and kitty corner from St. Phillip's Plaza that has lots of shopping and some good restaurants (and a Windmill Suites in it).

www.riversidesuitestucson.com

Windmill Inns & Suites :: Tucson, Arizona Home

Maybe these would work for you and the neighborhood is really nice. Right on the Rillito River (about a block) with bike path, hiking, restaurants, shopping, etc.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 PM

339 posts, read 833,139 times
You should go to Crossland! They are very nice, safe and cheap! And very close to Alvernon and Grant!

Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson, AZ Hotel

HOME

Welcome to Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space... amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room.
  • Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop
  • On site guest laundry
  • Convenient workspace
  • Free local phone calls
  • Personalized voice mail
  • Iron and full-size ironing board available at front desk
  • Dining and cooking utensils provided
  • Wireless Internet - one time fee of $4.99 per stay
  • Pet Friendly Rooms
Tucson - Butterfield Drive
4800 S. Butterfield Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 745-3612
TBU@extendedstay.com

Old 03-14-2011, 08:54 PM

17 posts, read 40,143 times
What about finding a vacation rental (house or condo). You can find many that are comparable with hotel stay but are much more comfortable. Try HomeAway.com or even look for postings on Craigslist.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times
the Crossland and Studio 6 down around I-10/Irvington-ish are not at all horrible, but are in a dull location with little to do nearby...and they do get interstate traveler traffic with slamming doors, screaming kids, and all that....just not a fun place to hang for a whole month.....

that Riverside thing sounds great, but may not be $-friendly???.....Windmill is great, too, with lots to do nearby.....

don't worry about being "out of Tucson" - won't work with your requested 15-20 minute commute...as suggested, stay within 6-7 miles of UMC on surface streets....preferably to the N, NE, or E of UMC

Old 03-17-2011, 04:00 AM

24 posts, read 94,791 times
Hey thanks everyone for the help and replies - I managed to find (via a craigslist reply) a place within a few minutes walking distance to the whole foods market on speedway.

Riverside suites was a nice option too, but I got a pretty good deal on this along with the location perks and features I was looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: