Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 AM

69 posts, read 215,367 times

Advertisements

^^Thanks! I will check them out! That is very cheap though, and I hear what you're saying about their potential comfort.

As I said before, I'm only looking for a cheap bed as I only plan to use it for a year or so, at which point I will throw it out. I don't mind spending $400, or maybe even $500... but I would like to keep it under $500 is possible.

thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,236,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nambis View Post
^^Thanks! I will check them out! That is very cheap though, and I hear what you're saying about their potential comfort.

As I said before, I'm only looking for a cheap bed as I only plan to use it for a year or so, at which point I will throw it out. I don't mind spending $400, or maybe even $500... but I would like to keep it under $500 is possible.

thanks for the help!
$159 plus a thick, better quality egg crate topper may actually be pretty comfortable and it's waaaay cheaper than $400-$500. I used an egg crate topper on a bed that had outlived it's life by several years and it made a huge difference. (A fitted sheet goes over both the mattress and topper.)

Please let us know what you wind up with.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
$159 plus a thick, better quality egg crate topper may actually be pretty comfortable and it's waaaay cheaper than $400-$500. I used an egg crate topper on a bed that had outlived it's life by several years and it made a huge difference. (A fitted sheet goes over both the mattress and topper.)

Please let us know what you wind up with.
Some people like to do that but with a memory foam topper. I haven't done either, but it seems plausible.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,585,124 times
We had a memory foam topper for a month or so, but it was awful. It held in body heat, and by morning, we felt as if we'd slept with an electric blanket on "HI" all night. Makes you sweat like crazy. Others might like them though, they are very comfortable.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 AM

136 posts, read 262,062 times
When I first moved here, I went to Costco and bought an air mattress. I have the one with a small headboard (sort of) to keep the pillows on. I know I paid less than $100 for it and it worked fine. It is almost as high as a regular bed and is pretty firm. Comes with a built in pump. Not the kind used for camping or throwing into the back of a pickup. I have a bad back and it went pretty well, until I decided to buy a "Cheap" mattress and box spring. I went to Mattress Firm and got a next day delivered $500 set. I will not make that mistake again!! My back is far worse with the new bed. I will have to replace it soon with at least a $1000 bed. I found that the beds for $400 and less, have no support on the edges so you really can't even sit on the side of the bed. I think beds are like shoes. You want comfort and durability, spend some money on them, you'll be happy you did. IMO

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
you should try this little known store called House of treasures,they sell new and used furniture ,a queen size box and mattress will cost you less then 200,00 delivered and they are good mattress, new not used,and if there is something else you need for less money they will have that too ,they are on 22nd street and just east of craycroft in a orange and turqouise store front.good luck

Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 AM

39 posts, read 73,390 times
So, jksn75 or anyone else, just how good or bad is Sam Levitz? I anticipated dealing with him or someone like him in late Summer for a bed as well. I'm not afraid to spend $700-800 for a decent bed-I sleep terrible and need whatever edge I can find. Is Sam Levitz cheap or inexpensive-there is a difference. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 AM

136 posts, read 262,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer3-2 View Post
So, jksn75 or anyone else, just how good or bad is Sam Levitz? I anticipated dealing with him or someone like him in late Summer for a bed as well. I'm not afraid to spend $700-800 for a decent bed-I sleep terrible and need whatever edge I can find. Is Sam Levitz cheap or inexpensive-there is a difference. Thanks.

"Is Sam Levitz cheap or inexpensive-there is a difference."
they may not be different, in this case. I purchased a sofa from them and it seemed ok at the store. (hard to tell in 5 mins). It's about 14 months old now and the cushions are no longer cushy and I am sorry I bought it. It was during a sale and listed for $1200. I payed $700 for it. I will be listing it on Craigslist soon and replacing it. I was told Levitz has another store with higher quality furniture. I bought at the Pantano store. Funny but, when I went there and looked around, I asked the salesperson if there were any high quality furn stores in Tucson and he mumbled, it's not here. I believe you do get what you pay for. I think I will go to Lazy Boy and by a sleeper. I have no real need for one, but after owning a couple, I am fairly convinced they will remain firm for the life of the fabric.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM

461 posts, read 1,315,887 times
Musketeer, Levitz is probably ok if you are purchasing a mattress. They carry major brands like Sealy, etc. Find a mattress you like and compare it to other mattress stores' prices. I purchased a couch set there once and will not do that again. The cushions don't hold their shape. I did purchase a Sealy mattress set from Levitz and it lasted 12 years. It's actually still a decent set, but now sits in my guest room. Just depends on what you are looking for....

Old 03-17-2013, 12:22 AM

69 posts, read 215,367 times
I bought a sofa from Sam levitz. They sell cheap (quality) stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson