Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,758 times

Advertisements

We are going to be visiting Tucson towards the end of February. I am very excited about this but my wife has been reading about horrible bed bug infestations in many motels and hotel there. She read about a lady that had to take her young son to the emergency room after the first night. And about places accusing you of bringing them to the motel/hotel. Is it really that bad?

We have reservations at the Comfort Suites on E Elvira Rd & S Tucson Blvd. and wonder if anyone knows if there have been any issues there with bed bugs. We certainly do not want to be bitten up and chance bringing them home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,167 times
The only thing i know about bedbugs are words from an exterminator.."they are the worst of all bugs to get rid of" ..
tread with caution as those little suckers are nasty...

Old 01-20-2013, 01:19 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
We are going to be visiting Tucson towards the end of February. I am very excited about this but my wife has been reading about horrible bed bug infestations in many motels and hotel there. She read about a lady that had to take her young son to the emergency room after the first night. And about places accusing you of bringing them to the motel/hotel. Is it really that bad?
Well, if it is, you certainly don't hear too much about it in the news. Still, it's probably worth it to take extra precaution.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
News to me, Sick . . . but I guess Bedbugs are everywhere nowadays.

Just curious . . . why the Comfort Inn on Elvira? That's right at the airport and would hardly be my first choice both in location and price.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Just curious . . . why the Comfort Inn on Elvira? That's right at the airport and would hardly be my first choice both in location and price.
With the discounts that we have and the rooms available now this was the best price. We likely will be spending most of our time checking out the northern half of town, so I would have liked to stay further north. However, we booked this late last week and during the night that we were looking many rooms became booked as we were looking. There must be a lot of people visiting in February.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,983,825 times
The hotels in Tucson are safer than Chicago in terms of bed bugs but they are everywhere.

Bed Bug Registry - Check Apartments and Hotels Across North America

Sadly, there's not much these places can do. They can spend thousands to get rid of the problem and them a customer brings them back.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,231 times
February is a very busy month in the Tucson area that brings in tons of people from out of town.
Accenture Match Play Championship
Gem and Mineral Show
Tucson Rodeo

Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM

867 posts, read 722,262 times
My ex has been stayed in hotels all across the USA and more than 40 foreign countries (including many in the developing world). The only place he has ever been bitten by bed bugs was here in Tucson. Unfortunately, although I was with him (and remained unbitten!), I can't remember which hotel it was. Not that it would matter, because this was a couple of years ago.

Maybe ask to inspect the room before you accept it? Googling will turn up what to look for, but here is one (of many!) articles:

Worried about bed bugs in your hotel room? - Travel - Travel Tips | NBC News

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:08 PM

We changed Hotels last week and are now going to be staying at the L Posada Lodge & Casitas on Oracle. We will be there the middle of next week.

We will be meeting Ricktucsonhomes to look at a few homes while we are there. But we want to use most of this time to explore Tucson and visit some attractions.

When we were there last time we only looked at homes and saw mostly the central city and didn't explore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson