Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:54 AM

41 posts, read 237,124 times

Advertisements

My partner and I are looking at buying a vacation home, this year, in or around Tucson. I am 40 years old and my partner 49. We were looking at copper crest community 55+, as we understand that they allow approximately 20 % owners under 55. I am wondering if someone could recommend a safe and quiet community or neighbourhood, close to different ammenities such as shopping, etc. Although we went to phoenix many times, know the area well and love it, we are thinking of Tucson. We would appreciate any recommendations or feedback on this. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM

42 posts, read 147,506 times
Try the eastside of Tucson or north east..closer to the Catalina Mnts. kolb/skyline rds. area .Im not sure where Copper Crest is but anyplace near the I-10 freeway is not good. Tucson has experianced a huge population increase and its painfull to drive on the Northwest side and use the freeway every day. What ever you do dont pick an area where you will need to use I-10 every day. Good luck, you already made the right decision by picking Tucson over Phoenix.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Hey Kabfon,

It really depends on where you want to live (and correspondingly how much you want to spend).

Is there a particular area or part of town you are more interested in?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 AM

18 posts, read 70,598 times
Look into Rancho Sahuarita - I love it down here. It's about 20 minutes south of Tucson - Master Planned Community.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,419 times
Red face Dont even bother

The area just plain sucks. The people are rude very closed minded, and the area is so spread out it takes too long to get anywhere. I am happy I am leaving the tucson area. Hopefully you didnt make the mistake of moving to this area yet.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Nice constructive post Robert!

If by being 'spread out' you mean Tucson isn't a crammed metropolis, then you're absolutely right! I think it's one of Tucson's highlights that there is actually open space around town; it gives you room to breathe and enjoy life!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert101 View Post
The area just plain sucks. The people are rude very closed minded, and the area is so spread out it takes too long to get anywhere. I am happy I am leaving the tucson area. Hopefully you didnt make the mistake of moving to this area yet.
OUCH, Robert!

Tucson is definitely not perfect and/or loved by everyone but, as far as I'm concerned, it is better than all the other places I've ever lived.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM

28 posts, read 72,756 times
ahhhh Canadians! Welcome! I moved to a cute little sleepy town here in Arizona 5 years ago and I moved here (again), because Arizona pulls at your heart strings. I couldn't wait to return. Unfortunately, I didn't do my homework and bought in one of the worst places imaginable. I won't say the name for fear of retaliation. But, if you have children, I wouldn't sell you my property for Millions, as no child can grow up here without severe problems. Drugs, Rape, Robbery, Burglary, Murder....and it doesn't even rate enough to make the back page of the Phoenix Sun (or any other paper for that matter). My raw acreage (in town, but secluded) should be bringing about $140k right now, but I doubt I could get $60k for it. My neighbors are Canadians who fly in here every winter, declare the town "Now Open" and start complaining about everyone's messy yards, the noise, etc....they have no clue what it is like to try and keep your home or property up while fighting that kind of day to day business and attitude. If you are content with that type of hiprocrisy, have no children and want to spend a few months at a potentially beautiful place, with awesome views and join Sherrif Joe in ignoring the area facts.....drop me a line and I'll make you the bargain of the century....you'll already have some neighbors you would call "Your Own". Sorry, but I'm fed up with all of it. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make Arizona like it used to be BEFORE Joe started "cleaning"...

Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah_right View Post
Phoenix Sun
Sherrif Joe
What's up here? Another lost soul having problems with geography?!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM

91 posts, read 197,803 times
DONT MOVE HERE. ITS SO HOT PEOPLE SPEND ALL DAY INDOORS=NO LIFE=STAYING INDOORS ALL THE TIME.

Nice weather? The sun is beating down on you constantly, you're living in the DESERT, people. If you forget the sunglasses you WILL return home with a headache from squinting..and thats just a trip to a few grocery stores!

I am no pasty-skinned Anglo Saxon but if I forget my lotion w/ sunscreen I WILL return home with redness on my cheeks. And thats just walking to and from classes.

Cockroaches, bad schools, crazy drivers, water has too much minerals in it. If you want a beach youre going to have to drive hours and hours to get there.

Take out the University and the Air Force Base and Tucson would be a backwater town full of retirement communities. It's the honest truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson