Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 PM

341 posts, read 708,491 times

Advertisements

Are tucsons summers comparable to those of Sacramento's CA?? The daytime highs seem to be about the same. Around low 100's. Although Sac nights tend to cool off about an extra ten degrees. If the summers are about equivalent in terms of intensity and duration then Tucson's hot summers may not be so bad? Anyone with first hand experience. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
You should come over to the Sacramento forum and ask that question. I would say no, but I've never lived in AZ, only visited.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:18 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Are tucsons summers comparable to those of Sacramento's CA?? The daytime highs seem to be about the same. Around low 100's. Although Sac nights tend to cool off about an extra ten degrees. If the summers are about equivalent in terms of intensity and duration then Tucson's hot summers may not be so bad? Anyone with first hand experience. ?
Although I have lived nearby, I have never lived right in Sacramento, however, I believe Tucson has lower humidity / dew points than Sacramento overall.

Generally speaking, the humidity is every bit as important as the temperature.

I hope this helps.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 AM

612 posts, read 1,020,858 times
I had family that lived in both Sacramento and Tucson and they seemed to think the summers were basically comparable. A little cooler, but more humid (though not real humid) in Sacramento, and of course warmer, dryer and more 'intense' in Tucson. They didn't seem to have a preference as they moved back and forth quite a bit. They only truly balked when they went out to Jacksonville for a stint ... either way, I didn't spend enough time in Sacramento to comment first-hand, but they liked to talk weather and I figured it was worth passing on.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:43 AM

299 posts, read 545,546 times
I lived in Tucson, Phoenix, and Sacramento within a 5-6 year period in the 80s. Climates pretty much the same. The tap water in Sacramento is what drove me to bottled, then filtered water as it tasted like fish had been swimming in it. I was/am fond of all 3 cities. In 1990 I moved back to Phoenix and then to Tucson 3 years ago.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
I have lived in both places and Sacramento is considerably cooler than Tucson plus there is less humidity. One summer living in Sacramento we only had four days that went over 100 degrees. Tucson is about 8 degrees warmer during the day in July and August and 12 degrees warmer in June. When Sacramento gets its first 90 degree day in early May Tucson will get its first 100 degree day. Another big difference between Sacramento and Tucson is water. Sacramento has the Sacramento and American rivers running through it and no one is very far from a river and maybe a river front park. Tucson is the desert and Sacramento isnt. If you got tired of the heat in Sacramento in the summer you can drive 80 miles to San Francisco and go from 100 degrees to 59 degrees in two hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson