Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,351,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Revenue generator for who Pink Jazz? The rocky relationship Tucson has with the State may limit its willingness to put money into a sign to generate revenue appropriated to deal urban freeways (of which Phoenix has an overwhelming share of).

Especially if you consider that every single Gubnatorial candidate make HURF Sweeps their campaign topic in Tucson but neglected it in Maricopa County.

The problem with the last Bond Election was that Pima Co. Already has outrageous property taxes and they were funded through property tax hikes. Pima already has the highest in the state as it is. And it certainly doesn't show.
It generates revenue for the State Highway Fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 07:35 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,346,269 times
Quote:
The problem with the last Bond Election was that Pima Co. Already has outrageous property taxes and they were funded through property tax hikes. Pima already has the highest in the state as it is. And it certainly doesn't show.
Wait, I thought all Liberals love higher/more taxes in order to save the world (in this case Pima County), no matter if it's sales tax, property tax or income tax. Isn't their motto "Higher/more taxes help more people!".

Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Wait, I thought all Liberals love higher/more taxes in order to save the world (in this case Pima County), no matter if it's sales tax, property tax or income tax. Isn't their motto "Higher/more taxes help more people!".
I tilt more left than most people on CD, but even I was against the last bond election. It failed because this town has no economy, enormous tax burden and was proposing nonsense.

Might be a better practice, and Phoenix needs to do the same, to actually learn about CANDIDATES and not PARTIES when voting in local politics.

Quote:
Cesar Chavez, who changed his name from Scott Fistler, is a politician from Arizona known for his multiple campaigns for a congressional seat, most recently as a representative of Arizona's 7th congressional district.

Chavez officially changed political parties from Republican to Democrat on April 28, 2014.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_...8politician%29

Because Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
It generates revenue for the State Highway Fund.
I think this might be the problem then, if these don't go up it won't be NIMBYs, it will be a town that doesn't like sending money to the State. And for good reasons IMO.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:

I think this might be the problem then, if these don't go up it won't be NIMBYs, it will be a town that doesn't like sending money to the State. And for good reasons IMO.
Well, food/gas/lodging/camping businesses in Tucson are not obligated to sign up for a logo sign, so we will see how participation goes for Tucson. Little to no taxpayer money goes to them, since the businesses mostly pay for the costs. Since the first signs are going up next month, Grand Canyon State Logo Signs probably already has several businesses signed up for the program.

Statewide there actually has been a tremendous growth in participation in the past year when viewing all the logo signs in the state in the Grand Canyon State Logo Signs website, which basically debunks the myth that these signs are unnecessary due to the widespread use of smartphones, otherwise all these businesses wouldn't bother to spend the money to sign up.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:30 PM

Sorry to bump, but I was wondering, have the logo signs been installed on I-10 yet around Tucson? I know the first phase was supposed to be last month for exits on I-10 west of I-19, followed by the portion east of I-10 this month.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 AM

1,390 posts, read 1,864,711 times
I am with jlawrence....somehow "road money" seems to get used for everything but roads. I believe the fact that the slate of referendums that all got voted down recently are a "NO CONFIDENCE" vote for the Pima County Board of Supervisors. In my particular neighborhood in Green Valley, the roads have degraded to not much better than a cattle path because there has been no meaningful maintenance for 30 YEARS! The roads are now beyond maintenance and will require a "nuke and pave" literally! This reminds me of the Social Security "lock box" that was raided to use for everything but Social Security. FYI, this is not a liberal vs. conservative thing.....we have been ill served by both sides. This is about politicians from both sides not doing the will of the people.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 AM

So, have they been installed yet? I'm surprised nobody has responded, considering there has to be several Tucson residents who travel on the Tucson freeways daily.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 PM

16,395 posts, read 30,304,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
So, have they been installed yet? I'm surprised nobody has responded, considering there has to be several Tucson residents who travel on the Tucson freeways daily.
I drove from Green Valley to Grant Rd. on I-10 and I-19 and saw NO logo signs past the Pima Mine Rd. exit on the reservation.

How's that?

Old 04-26-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I drove from Green Valley to Grant Rd. on I-10 and I-19 and saw NO logo signs past the Pima Mine Rd. exit on the reservation.

How's that?
The engineering study for I-19 hasn't been completed yet, so obviously there won't be any logo signs until the engineering study is complete.

However, installation on I-10 west of I-19 was planned for last month, so I wonder if there are some a bit further west. I know that the only exit on I-10 west of I-19 in Pima County that had them was the Marana Road exit just before entering Pinal County. I actually found it surprising that most of Marana didn't even have them, considering that Marana is mostly rural.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:02 PM

FYI, I just got confirmation on AARoads that logo signs have been installed on I-10 in the Tucson area west of I-19. Still no word on whether they have been installed on I-10 east of I-19 yet.

No protests so far. I'm a bit surprised though that there haven't been any local Tucson news articles about them yet. The Phoenix media seemed to be more interested in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson