Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM

22 posts, read 87,872 times

Advertisements

Hello Tucson...I may have landed a position at Coventry Healthcare on
3535 E Valencia and was wondering where a safe, quiet, and nice place to live would be? I would be looking to rent and could probably swing $1000-$1100 in rent. I really need help becasue I have never been to Tucson and don't know the area at all. I am a single female in my early 40's, so safety is paramount...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
Hello and congrats if you take the job!

Your rent range will get you a lovely place in the best neighborhoods. You can get a nice nest for much less in Tucson. The more important thing to be aware of is that it will be unbelievably hot for the next few months, so be sure you have AC and not just a "swamp cooler." OR, dual cooling would be best of all. "Swamp" or evaporative coolers are far less expensive to operate and keep the interior comfortable during the usual low humidity. But in late summer we have a "monsoon season" Swamp coolers can't work well in high humidity, so you'll rely on AC then.

Safe and quiet - plus quaint charm - I'd say the "Sam Hughes" or "Blenman/Elm" neighborhoods, just east of the UA campus. Pretty much the center of town.

Coventry is near the airport, on the central south edge of town. Also consider towards the southeast. There are so many different "flavors" of neighborhoods here that it's hard to suggest a part of town without knowing your favorite atmospheres. There are modern upscale, yuppie renovations around very old historic parts of downtown (which is small, but seeing a healthy revival); Spanish/Mexican colonial, on and on. Downtown has a strong historic charm but doesn't rate as well for "safe." In the foothills on the north side of town it's very beautiful, overlooking the city lights, but a long commute to work. There's a really strong cultural community here too, all the arts wonderfully represented - amazing symphony, dance, theaters, jazz, rock, indie movies, coffee shops, restaurants of every nationality, festivals, you name it. Prepare to love it - once it gets cool enough to venture out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: