Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 02:44 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,868,418 times

Advertisements

Tubac is a destination that you do not want to miss if you live in or are visiting Tucson. Tubac is only 20 miles south of Green Valley, so about 45 to 50 miles south of Tucson depending where you are. There are at least two dozen stores that sell all kinds of Mexican art including metal, pottery, paintings, jewelry, clothing and much, much more. In the commercial area there are several galleries and an art museum. There are also several places to eat, a few right in the shopping area and others near by. Just east of the shopping area and easily walkable to is the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park. This is a very cool place to visit and one could easily spend a couple of hours here taking a self directed tour to include a museum that covers the history of Tubac. On the way back north, you will experience a Border Patrol Checkpoint where I-19 north comes to a stop and all vehicles must pass through the checkpoint and be allowed through by a Border Patrol Agent.

I made a few videos that show the trip from Green Valley to Tubac, and we visit one store. There is another video of the Tubac Presidio (fort) and I also made a video of our trip through the Border Patrol Checkpoint. I wanted to post this so visitors, residents and people planning to move here can be aware of Tubac, it is a great destination!!! Oh, did I forget to mention Tubac has a world class Golf Course? To learn more about Tubac, please see this link: Tubac Arizona | Tubac Arizona, Tubac Chamber of Commerce | Where Art and History Meet To see the videos, please see below.

Trip to Tubac from Green Valley and visit one store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-97GR_oiNbQ&t=1s
The Tubac Presidio State Historic Park:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSP2lQPcneQ&t=3s
Border Patrol Checkpoint Experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngOpdOvbEjU

I hope you enjoy the videos and find them informative. Tubac really is a Gem that you do not want to miss!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:20 PM

723 posts, read 999,951 times
I love Tubac. It is my favorite outing. I especially love to go the back way through the pecan groves!

Old 01-20-2018, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,655 times
Thanks for posting this. We were in AZ and got a chance to go to the Dia de los Muertos parade. It was great!

Old 01-20-2018, 02:24 PM

160 posts, read 175,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Tubac is a destination that you do not want to miss if you live in or are visiting Tucson. Tubac is only 20 miles south of Green Valley, so about 45 to 50 miles south of Tucson depending where you are. There are at least two dozen stores that sell all kinds of Mexican art including metal, pottery, paintings, jewelry, clothing and much, much more. In the commercial area there are several galleries and an art museum. There are also several places to eat, a few right in the shopping area and others near by. Just east of the shopping area and easily walkable to is the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park. This is a very cool place to visit and one could easily spend a couple of hours here taking a self directed tour to include a museum that covers the history of Tubac. On the way back north, you will experience a Border Patrol Checkpoint where I-19 north comes to a stop and all vehicles must pass through the checkpoint and be allowed through by a Border Patrol Agent.

I made a few videos that show the trip from Green Valley to Tubac, and we visit one store. There is another video of the Tubac Presidio (fort) and I also made a video of our trip through the Border Patrol Checkpoint. I wanted to post this so visitors, residents and people planning to move here can be aware of Tubac, it is a great destination!!! Oh, did I forget to mention Tubac has a world class Golf Course? To learn more about Tubac, please see this link: Tubac Arizona | Tubac Arizona, Tubac Chamber of Commerce | Where Art and History Meet To see the videos, please see below.

Trip to Tubac from Green Valley and visit one store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-97GR_oiNbQ&t=1s
The Tubac Presidio State Historic Park:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSP2lQPcneQ&t=3s
Border Patrol Checkpoint Experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngOpdOvbEjU

I hope you enjoy the videos and find them informative. Tubac really is a Gem that you do not want to miss!!!

I've gone to Tumacácori and enjoyed the Chrustmas eve luminaries, but never had a chance to go further south than that.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:27 PM

160 posts, read 175,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
I love Tubac. It is my favorite outing. I especially love to go the back way through the pecan groves!
Pecan groves ? 😍 As a southerner, I love pecans... Did you know about the areas south of Wilcox when there are groves of nuts and peaches and other good stuff? I'm referring to the Chiricahua Apache area by the fort...Fort Bowie is pretty awesome.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 PM

5,770 posts, read 11,404,993 times
Just a little further south from Tubac on I-19 is Tumacacori. There is an old Spanish mission which is a National Historic Site. Thanks to the fed gov't shutdown, you can't visit the mission and NHS right now.

Another place to visit is the Santa Cruz Chile & Spice Co which is on the south end of town. I have nothing to do with them so this is not a spam post. The Chile & Spice company is an old family business and you can learn all about how they make chile sauces and seasonings. The chile sauce is excellent - I've seen it on the shelf at Fry's if you can't make it to Tumacacori.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:04 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,518,758 times
BunkieFam - at Fort Bowie there is a little cemetery that contains the buried body of Geronimo's son. He died at 2 years of age of the flu. Geronimo was held there for a time after getting caught.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micholdtimer View Post
Thanks for posting this. We were in AZ and got a chance to go to the Dia de los Muertos parade. It was great!
Glad you enjoyed the parade! Coming up on 1/27/2018 in Tubac is the Santa Cruz Valley Car Nuts (SCVCN) regional car show. The Carnuts are based in Green Valley and this is their 24th annual car show. Last year I believe there were around 400 cars. For more information, please go to: http://www.carnuts.org/assets/RegistrationForm.pdf and click "open" when it pops up.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,891,111 times
Returned from a visit to Tubac/Tumacacori Saturday, went to give a shout out to Elvira's Restaurant, an upscale wine menu/tablecloth establishment.

Beautiful inside, professional staff, and live Spanish guitar music (we were there Friday night). The food was very good, I actually had tongue with 2 mole sauces.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Returned from a visit to Tubac/Tumacacori Saturday, went to give a shout out to Elvira's Restaurant, an upscale wine menu/tablecloth establishment.

Beautiful inside, professional staff, and live Spanish guitar music (we were there Friday night). The food was very good, I actually had tongue with 2 mole sauces.

Glad you enjoyed the trip, it really is a nice destination! Thanks for the info on Elvira's, we have not been there yet. One of our favorite restaurants in Tubac is the Italian Peasant, and in Tumacacori we enjoy Wisdoms.

I will be sure not order tongue so there is plenty there for when you go next time ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson