Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2022, 12:10 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,862,480 times

Advertisements

This little spot where I have my remote camera located has been pretty busy! All the animals seem to use the same trails through the desert, so it is not surprising that they run in to each other from time to time. You will see our mangy coyote again. I feel sorry for him, but he seems to be surviving. I really hated to see the big buck limping with damage to his left rear leg, but that is how it goes out in the wild. This is the first time my trail cam has caught a coyote with captured prey. He trotted by pretty quickly, but it looked like a squirrel or rabbit. We humans tend to think of good guys and bad guys out there killing fluffy little creatures, but in fact, all the animals are doing what it takes to survive another day and raise their young. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the video!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jFID8L9tU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 12:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Thanks for the video, it is so cool! My thoughts were that your trail camera was disguised so that animals wouldn't see it or bother it. But at one point, the deer walked right in front of the camera and stopped at looked right into the lens, so to speak, they were completely aware that "something was there.

If I'm not mistaken, on the Nature board there is a real estate agent who post trail cam videos. She's captured vids of deer and bears.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:44 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,862,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Thanks for the video, it is so cool! My thoughts were that your trail camera was disguised so that animals wouldn't see it or bother it. But at one point, the deer walked right in front of the camera and stopped at looked right into the lens, so to speak, they were completely aware that "something was there.

If I'm not mistaken, on the Nature board there is a real estate agent who post trail cam videos. She's captured vids of deer and bears.
You might be right Klassyhk, they may know that it is there. It is possible there is a small light or something. I am not sure as I do not check it at night for obvious reasons! However, they do not seem to bother the camera, and I feel pretty sure they are not scared by it. I LOVE seeing who makes all the tracks I see there during the day! The camera is camouflaged, but not so much for the animals, but because it is not secured in any way, and I just don't want anyone taking it. This is why I never mention where it is located!!! Thanks for the post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: