Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 02:28 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,861,766 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, all I had for these videos was my cell phone, so the video quality is not the best. Plus for a couple of these video segments, it was either dark or early dawn. On the first encounter, I was on my way out the driveway to take the trash to the street. Just so you understand, my driveway is 110 yards long (length of a football field), and it is a little hilly and curvy. You cannot see the street from the house or the house from the street very easily, and I actually like this feature very much. So, when I round the first curve in my driveway, I never know what I will see a little further out, and same thing when I come in the driveway. I have seen many deer including a newborn, javelina, ground squirrel, several kinds of snakes including a couple rattlesnakes, a couple of Gila Monster, pack rat, rabbits, etc all on or next to my driveway. It is kind of like one of those driving safaris! I am sharing this with you to show you that to see wildlife where I live, all I have to do is look outside, take out the trash, or leave/enter the driveway! It is truly amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtAw4QhiiA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 02:57 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Very nice, Bart. I Love them. ...Thank You
If i had to take a garbage can/s 110 yards each week, to the curb, i would be using my John Deere Gator 6x4 to haul them.

Where we live they don't have garbage pickup service. I burn what i can. The rest, i have a deal with a friend to put mine in his business dumpster, when i go into town for groceries, every 2 months, or so.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:49 PM

251 posts, read 203,971 times
So wonderful having wildlife so close to your home, thank you for sharing the beautiful video.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Very nice, Bart. I Love them. ...Thank You
If i had to take a garbage can/s 110 yards each week, to the curb, i would be using my John Deere Gator 6x4 to haul them.

Where we live they don't have garbage pickup service. I burn what i can. The rest, i have a deal with a friend to put mine in his business dumpster, when i go into town for groceries, every 2 months, or so.
Glad you enjoyed it Hawk J, I love them too! As for the garbage cans, I just consider it part of my "workout". I do not have a Gator or even a golf cart, and I know some day I will need to figure something out to get the cans to the street when I cannot do it any longer. It sounds like you have a pretty good deal worked out to handle your garbage. You must be quite rural!!!

Old 09-21-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
So wonderful having wildlife so close to your home, thank you for sharing the beautiful video.
Thanks for watching JD MD, I am glad you enjoyed it! It is a blessing to have so much wildlife so close, and I am happy to share that blessing!!!

Old 09-22-2022, 08:07 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Glad you enjoyed it Hawk J, I love them too! As for the garbage cans, I just consider it part of my "workout". I do not have a Gator or even a golf cart, and I know some day I will need to figure something out to get the cans to the street when I cannot do it any longer. It sounds like you have a pretty good deal worked out to handle your garbage. You must be quite rural!!!
Yes, we live a ways out in the boonies on the side of a forested mountain
with a creek & a bass pond, next to BLM forest. We truly love it here. We are thankful.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Yes, we live a ways out in the boonies on the side of a forested mountain
with a creek & a bass pond, next to BLM forest. We truly love it here. We are thankful.
If I am remembering correctly, you live in Oregon near Crater Lake? If I am thinking of someone else, my apologies!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson