Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 09:39 AM

11,058 posts, read 6,881,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I just moved to north Tucson last month. I decided to get Cox for internet and I'm really happy with it!
Watch your bill and read the fine print. They are notorious for hiking the rate frequently and precipitously. They may provide good service. I had it for years. I posted in detail about my problem with Cox in another thread. I despise Cox with a passion, yet when I first moved to Arizona I loved it because Cox hadn't screwed me yet. That happened six years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 06:44 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Watch your bill and read the fine print. They are notorious for hiking the rate frequently and precipitously. They may provide good service. I had it for years. I posted in detail about my problem with Cox in another thread. I despise Cox with a passion, yet when I first moved to Arizona I loved it because Cox hadn't screwed me yet. That happened six years later.

WOW, PathRunner . . . you sound like my "echo."

I tolerated the same BS from Cox for about three years and finally decided NO MORE. Dumped them a few years ago and have never looked back. NEVER AGAIN.

COX . . . the Most Unethical and Deceitful company I have ever dealt with.

Old 11-20-2022, 07:10 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, or at least your feeling. What service did you go with and have you stayed with it? I'm really curious. I couldn't do satellite because of trees blocking the sky.

I really believe that if someone has another option, they should not go with Cox. The problem is, Cox is almost a monopoly in the state of Arizona. Read up on the company and the family behind it.

Old 11-21-2022, 04:12 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
My wife does WFH for a federal agency and has to have a reliable connection. We have lived in the OV area for almost 5 years and have had Xfinity the entire time with little to no issue. The few times we lose connection(maybe 1-2 times a year at best), my wife simply switches over to her work issued hot spot for an hour.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:18 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience, or at least your feeling. What service did you go with and have you stayed with it? I'm really curious. I couldn't do satellite because of trees blocking the sky.

I really believe that if someone has another option, they should not go with Cox. The problem is, Cox is almost a monopoly in the state of Arizona. Read up on the company and the family behind it.

T-Mobile has been my Internet / WiFi Provider since I dropped Cox.

Definitely not a heavy user but do have three Smart TVs, Two Computers (one Desktop and one Laptop) plus one Music Streamer.

KNOCK ON WOOD . . . never had even one negative issue.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:52 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

WOW, PathRunner . . . you sound like my "echo."

I tolerated the same BS from Cox for about three years and finally decided NO MORE. Dumped them a few years ago and have never looked back. NEVER AGAIN.

COX . . . the Most Unethical and Deceitful company I have ever dealt with.
Wow. My mileage certainly does vary. I've had a stellar relationship with Cox - each of my apartment moves in Tucson were handled by a special dedicated Cox representative, and I have an agreement which locks the price in for two years. Not a problem and the only service outage I had was related to some numbskull who plowed into a power pole, taking some lines down. In my years of dealing with these sorts of providers, I would put Cox head and shoulders over the others... (don't get me started on Time Warner!)

Old 11-22-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Wow. My mileage certainly does vary. I've had a stellar relationship with Cox - each of my apartment moves in Tucson were handled by a special dedicated Cox representative, and I have an agreement which locks the price in for two years. Not a problem and the only service outage I had was related to some numbskull who plowed into a power pole, taking some lines down. In my years of dealing with these sorts of providers, I would put Cox head and shoulders over the others... (don't get me started on Time Warner!)
I'm glad you've had a good experience, many people have not. I had an agreement that locked for 2 years and it wasn't honored. No amount of talking would convince them to budge. My bill went from $114 to $186 inside of one year. That is outrageous. I did a search for the post I made about liking Cox, way back in 2010 when I first moved to Arizona. I didn't see what the problem was. It was a complaint thread that has apparently been archived. 5-6 years later Cox screwed me, but it actually started within a year or two, then escalated. Cox has screwed a lot of customers over the years.

T-Mobile modem is a good option and doesn't cost nearly as much as Cox. We have it and there are no issues. 2 smart TV's, 2 smart phones, one tablet and one desktop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson