Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 07:30 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,863,202 times

Advertisements

My wife mentioned that she was wanting an iced shaken espresso, but that she really did not feel like making the trip to Starbucks, so I offered to go for her (I am sometimes nice like that). If she had not asked for the coffee, had I not left when I did, had the barista been faster or slower, and had I not hit the stop lights the way I did, I would have missed this encounter!!!

I apologize that the sun was at such an angle that it reflected the grain of the dash on to the windshield, but I think I still some good video for you all to enjoy. Weren't those babies tiny? I think definitely less than a week old. They did a great job staying on Momma's heels, and it was wonderful to see them nursing! Little babies have to keep up their energy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Lr5EzIoHQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 08:05 AM

810 posts, read 872,213 times
Absolutely adorable little babies! Watching them scamper over the rocks is impressive -- so tiny yet staying right with mother. Loved seeing this, thank you!

Old 11-28-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
Absolutely adorable little babies! Watching them scamper over the rocks is impressive -- so tiny yet staying right with mother. Loved seeing this, thank you!
Thanks for watching wildflowers27! I am glad you enjoyed and appreciated it. Those little guys are just amazing!!!

Old 11-28-2022, 07:09 PM

251 posts, read 204,460 times
Thank you for filming this and all your commentary. I find the javelina so interesting. They have such personality! Do they usually have babies so late in the year?

Old 11-28-2022, 08:47 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Mmm Bart, an iced shaken espresso sounds wonderful.

Those babies are super-cute.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:41 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
A cold rum&coke sounds pretty good to me...

The baby javi are soo cute.

Thank You.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
Thank you for filming this and all your commentary. I find the javelina so interesting. They have such personality! Do they usually have babies so late in the year?
In the 8+ years I have lived in Green Valley now, I have had many interactions with javelina. I would agree that they do have personalities. I have had the opportunity to watch them fight as well as play and love. They are definitely interesting to observe!

Let me share a bit of information I came across in my studies of the javelina. Please check out this link to the Tucson Sonoran Desert Museum https://www.desertmuseum.org/kids/oz...s/Javelina.php and scroll down to where it says "Quick Facts" and one of them is "Adult females can give birth at any time of the year. The young are often called "reds" due to the red color of their hair." I guess our climate is mild enough for year-round mating for the javelina. Thanks for watching and your comment JD_MD!

Old 11-29-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Mmm Bart, an iced shaken espresso sounds wonderful.

Those babies are super-cute.
You and my wife would get along well in terms of coffee! I just do Folgers at home. I never got in to the Starbucks thing. But on this particular day, making the trip for my wife was worth it! I wish I had my better camera, but I am thankful for the video I got of those "super-cute" babies!!!

Old 11-29-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
A cold rum&coke sounds pretty good to me...

The baby javi are soo cute.

Thank You.
Rum and coke was the first mixed drink I ever had, and it was dangerous! Tastes mostly like coke, but definitely affects you like rum!!!

Yeah, not many things cuter than a baby javi for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson