Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 06:07 PM

106 posts, read 132,242 times

Advertisements

If you are with Medicare Advantage, have you asked them about changing your address with them to AZ? Most of the larger plans have networks all over the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2023, 10:07 PM

444 posts, read 322,295 times
You can check to see what type of Medicare plans are available for you in Pima County by using the link below, I used 85712 as a Pima county zip code to pick up various plans. You need to enroll for Medicare 2024 coverage from mid-October to the end of December in open enrollment.

https://www.medicare.gov/plan-compar...r=2023&lang=en

Old 07-10-2023, 11:13 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgustav View Post
You can check to see what type of Medicare plans are available for you in Pima County by using the link below, I used 85712 as a Pima county zip code to pick up various plans. You need to enroll for Medicare 2024 coverage from mid-October to the end of December in open enrollment.

https://www.medicare.gov/plan-compar...r=2023&lang=en
But if you move, I believe you can change right away.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:30 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
When I contacted my agent, my understanding from what she told me is that when you move you can change anytime during the year, because of the move. The first time I moved I left one state in April and ended up in another state in May. I was told by my agent that I could change my Medicare Plan G plan which I decided not to because even though the premium was much lower the services would likely not have been as good.

That is in dispute because apparently there is a law that states that healthcare facilities must service Plan G no matter what. However, my agent has heard anecdotal evidence from her clients regarding denial in lower premium/more compromised states. (Mine was California to New Mexico.)

Old 07-11-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
But if you move, I believe you can change right away.
I suppose they could, but no specifics on how late in the year they are moving to AZ or even what type of Medicare plan they have or are looking for was provided. I had Plan G supplement from CA when I moved to AZ mid-year that I didn't change since my move was complete in late August that year.

Old 07-11-2023, 11:02 AM

Supplement plans are portable, as steiconi has previously pointed out. I moved from from California to New Mexico back to California and then to Alabama and had Plan G throughout those moves.

If I could switch, I could lower my premium amount. Because of my health conditions I cannot switch. And if I were able to switch, I would have to switch to a different servicing company.

I tried switching last year. The questionnaire I had to answer contain questions that precluded me from switching. If I had been able to switch, I would have gone from Cigna to Mutual of Omaha because that is who services Alabama.

Old 07-11-2023, 02:47 PM

34 posts, read 39,168 times
Default Thank you.

I'm trying to follow up on all the suggestions on this thread. We're currently on Medicare/Blue Cross Blue Shield. My agent isn't returning my calls. Will keep trying.

Old 07-11-2023, 03:06 PM

I had the same problem until I wrote a strong email and I finally got a call back. Seems I searched and learned that agents get about $500 commission each year for a client.

Blue Cross Blue Shield isn't all that prevalent in Arizona, amirite AZ peeps? Seems when I lived there it was Cigna, Mayo, Banner, Dignity and a couple others. I could be wrong. Edit: just researched it and Mayo does take Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Old 07-11-2023, 04:17 PM

You should be able to use BlueShield BlueCross of Arizona for Plan G Supplement if you want. I live in a different AZ county, but it appears to be available in Pima County.

Old 07-12-2023, 12:47 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
? Seems when I lived there it was Cigna, Mayo, Banner, Dignity and a couple others. I could be wrong.

Edit: just researched it and Mayo does take Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Interesting. Mayo told me they don't take Medicare in AZ or Fla. I wound up going to Minnesota, where they do take Medicare.
But that was five years ago, maybe things changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson