Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 02:48 AM

89 posts, read 386,317 times

Advertisements

I've been living in Japan for the past six years. My driver's license has expired (from WY) during the time I've been living here. I'll be flying into Tucson next week. I need to renew my license right away. I have found that the only place I can renew my CDL class A with HazMat endorsement is at 621 E 22nd St.

I still need to know everything else. Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to find all this out...

Does anyone know what documentation I might need? Even documentation for a regular driver's license would be a start; I'm sure I'll need that, too. After surfing the web, I just can't seem to find a listing of this info. Whatever you can share would be super!

Many thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM

529 posts, read 2,396,602 times
Hey CDL-A, here is the info you're looking for, more at Motor Vehicle Division

Quote:
When I apply for an Arizona CDL instruction permit, what must I bring with me?

* Proof of having held a driver license for at least one year. (Proof may be a current driver license or a motor vehicle report from another state.)
* An Arizona driver license (If coming from out of state, a 5-year, limited Arizona driver license must be issued at the time of application and the out of state license cancelled.)
* Correctly completed physical examination form (DOT Long Form) (Instructions for completion are on the back of the form.)
Where were you at in Okinawa? I was actually born there and lived there for several years (in addition to the mainland for a couple of years).

Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM

Thumbs up Hello Again Michael~

Okinawa's gorgeous, isn't it? We've been really lucky to have had this experience. My husband works on Kadena, but we lived in Higashi-ku for five years. Once I was no longer able to help my daughter with her homework, I pulled her out of Nirai and we moved onto base. I REALLY miss living off base. You were super lucky to have been born in such a paradise. If I had it my way, I'd buy a home in Nago where the mountains touch the East China Sea. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Sorry, rambling on...

Thank you again for your help in finding the information I was looking for. It's well past midnight here now, so time for me to try and sleep.

Oyasuminasaii~

Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM

Glad to help! I was at Kadena from 90-94 and at Yokota from 96-98 and still have very fond memories of my time there.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
Where were you at in Okinawa? I was actually born there and lived there for several years (in addition to the mainland for a couple of years).

Glad to help! I was at Kadena from 90-94 and at Yokota from 96-98 and still have very fond memories of my time there.
Okay Michael, so you were born in '90? How on earth have you accomplished so much (Real estate agent, engineer, ...) in such a short time? You're a baby! I mean that in the nicest way possible. I have a son who is five years older than you!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Haha not quite, I didn't include the time I was born there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson