Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:47 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times

Advertisements

I have just recently moved back to Albuquerque and have started wondering about Tucson again. I have read this board off and an for over a year and it seems a lot of people don't like Tucson... is it really more dangerous than Albuquerque? I've visited a couple of times and it seems that there is more economic disparity there.

If you have lived in or visited both places which place would you pick? If you live in Tucson and like it, tell why.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 11-21-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 02:11 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
At the end, you may end up using the same method that I will be using to choose between 2 possible locations: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6781/imageslk5.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I have just recently moved back to Albuquerque and have started wondering about Tucson again. I have read this board off and an for over a year and it seems a lot of people don't like Tucson... is it really more dangerous than Albuquerque? I've visited a couple of times and it seems that there is more economic disparity there.

If you have lived in or visited both places which place would you pick? If you live in Tucson and like it, tell why.
So do you regret moving back to ABQ and if so why? Let folks in Tucson know why you are unhappy about your new home, and they can tell you whether you would face similar issues there.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:47 PM

SORRY. I know you Tucson board regulars probably get sick of this thread, and here I have started it again. Can I use panic and stress as an out? This thread could be locked since it has been hashed over so much already.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 11-21-2008 at 02:57 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 03:23 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
SORRY. I know you Tucson board regulars probably get sick of this thread, and here I have started it again. Can I use panic and stress as an out? This thread could be locked since it has been hashed over so much already.
You don't have to feel bad about it. I'm not even a Tucson forum regular; I just happened to notice this thread on the most recent threads listing page even though right as we speak there's currently a 9 page thread on the General US forum debating whether Albuquerque or Tucson is better. I voted for Albuquerque on that thread; however, that is to take NOTHING away from Tucson, as I really like Tucson as well! It's just that I'm not even considering living in Tucson as of this point in my life (although I always love visiting Tucson) whereas Albuquerque is one of my top choices of where I would like to live. And that's mainly due to personal factors, not because one is intrinsically better than the other. I do have a sneaking suspicion though that Albuquerque has a much stronger economy and employer base than does Tucson.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:

Interesting request, Catrinac.

When I was in the market to relocate . . . Albuquerque and Tucson made the Top 10, however, after considering the weather and growth, Tucson won.

There's no such thing as the PERFECT PLACE TO LIVE but I strongly feel Tucson has far more positives, especially the weather, than negatives.

Good Luck

Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Really, why? The threads I read seemed tilted towards Albuquerque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting request, Catrinac.

When I was in the market to relocate . . . Albuquerque and Tucson made the Top 10, however, after considering the weather and growth, Tucson won.

There's no such thing as the PERFECT PLACE TO LIVE but I strongly feel Tucson has far more positives, especially the weather, than negatives.

Good Luck

Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 PM

89 posts, read 385,991 times
Default Bugs!

That's an easy one for me because I HATE bugs! Tucson has some bugs, but we have nothing on those big ol' black beetle bugs they have in Albequerque. Talk about disgusting!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:47 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Really, why? The threads I read seemed tilted towards Albuquerque.
Simple, Catrinac . . . Weather and Crowds.

The year 'round weather in Tucson is much better overall and the Winter weather is incredible better. Also, as previously mentioned, Tucson doesn't have nearly the problem with bugs either.

Overall, Tucson is smaller with less traffic than Albuquerque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson