Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:20 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,537,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What "climate control" are you talking about? Anything other than AC? I'm not even sure if it's OK for the car and the AC to be running for so long... Can't imagine it's good.
Maybe so, maybe not.

Go in the spring when the evenings are cool. Thats the best anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
We were in Phx over the weekend and caught Transformers 2 at the IMAX in Apache Junction (or near there). First time I've seen a movie in IMAX. AMAZING
Yep! Can't wait for everything to go totally 3-D! 3-D without the glasses!

Hey, BTW... did you ever go over and get some particle board at IKEA?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Yep! Can't wait for everything to go totally 3-D! 3-D without the glasses!

Hey, BTW... did you ever go over and get some particle board at IKEA?

Haha, actually we did.

We got an 8ft H x 4ft W bookcase. all MDF fiberboard, except for the trim. It actually is pretty darn sturdy.

We also got a small end table that is, brace yourself.... solid wood!

I was very surprised by the price and quality of both items - we walked out of there not spending over $150.

I think the end table might be able to survive a nuclear attack.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Haha, actually we did.

We got an 8ft H x 4ft W bookcase. all MDF fiberboard, except for the trim. It actually is pretty darn sturdy.

We also got a small end table that is, brace yourself.... solid wood!

I was very surprised by the price and quality of both items - we walked out of there not spending over $150.

I think the end table might be able to survive a nuclear attack.
Purdy darn sturdy, huh? Okay, I was gettin' worried...

Old 07-22-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Purdy darn sturdy, huh? Okay, I was gettin' worried...
Have you ever been there? Very overwhelming store. Too much crap to look at.

Little arrows on the ground guiding the herd. Ugly couches and chairs. Women dressed up like they are movie stars, shopping.

(side note: ever notice that about Feenix? The wimminz there think they are all Paris Hilton or some crap. Skimpy clothes, glitter, shiny lipgloss. They get all dressed like that to go to the Circle K even - whats the fricken deal?)

The place was fricken packed, and people were buying all sorts of stuff.

If this is a bad economy - I'd hate to be in that store when people have more money!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,234,998 times
Quote:
If this is a bad economy - I'd hate to be in that store when people have more money!
If people had money, they wouldn't be in IKEA.

Even though I like European design, I just don't like that store. Gave it a 2nd chance and still don't like it.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
If people had money, they wouldn't be in IKEA.

Even though I like European design, I just don't like that store. Gave it a 2nd chance and still don't like it.
I think otherwise - the place was pretty crazy/crowded and I would wager it would be even worse in a good economy.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been there? Very overwhelming store. Too much crap to look at.
I agree, and if you think IKEA's overwhelming, wait 'til you go to Fashion Square. Better take a compass with you!

Quote:
Little arrows on the ground guiding the herd. Ugly couches and chairs. Women dressed up like they are movie stars, shopping.
Cattle stampede mentality. You can almost hear the moooo's!

Quote:
(side note: ever notice that about Feenix? The wimminz there think they are all Paris Hilton or some crap. Skimpy clothes, glitter, shiny lipgloss. They get all dressed like that to go to the Circle K even - whats the fricken deal?)
Welcome to the People's Republic of Feenix!

Quote:
The place was fricken packed, and people were buying all sorts of stuff.

And it wuzn't even Christmas! Americans will never stop shoppin' until you can rip their credit cards from their cold, dead fingers!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,234,998 times
Quote:
I think otherwise - the place was pretty crazy/crowded and I would wager it would be even worse in a good economy.
Might be OK for people who are more handy than I am (if I am any point of comparison at all...). Their furniture is all uncomfortable. Obviously there are little things one can buy, but they're not something you can't find elsewhere.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Might be OK for people who are more handy than I am (if I am any point of comparison at all...). Their furniture is all uncomfortable. Obviously there are little things one can buy, but they're not something you can't find elsewhere.
Yeah as far as the stuff you need to be comfortable I did not like any of it, the chairs, couches, beds - it all looked ugly with the exception of some pretty basic wood dining chairs I saw.

Some of the stuff, as ugly as it was, looked like it would be pretty comfortable and I quickly found out it was not - with the exception of this orange colored pleather couch. It was pretty comfortable, and would have been amazingly comfortable had the back been a little bit higher.

Whats with all the low back couches anyway? Is a problem for those of us over 6' tall - you lean back and have no support for half of your back, unless you slouch in the couch.

Hey look at that, I made a rhyme!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson