Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,845 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I am moving to Tucson in about a week, and am looking at renting a 1 BR somewhere in the NW part of the city. I am a 22 year old recent college grad, and just want to find a pleasant place in a good area. I was wondering if anybody here knows anything about the following complexes, and could help me narrow my options.

Foothills Apartments
Rio Vista Apartments
Altamira Apartments
Vista Montana Apartments

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 PM

643 posts, read 2,054,427 times
Hey, Monster.

I see that you're new here and no has replied to this thread yet. Before I go looking for links for you about those apartments you listed, I want to tell you that you're CRAZY. Why in the world would you wait until a week before you move to look for a place to stay?

Did you try using your friend, Google to find these places?

Foothills has reviews on Google and Apartment Ratings.com

The same applies to all the other places you listed. Google is your friend -- what are they teaching you kids in college anyways?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I used Google and ApartmentRatings.com to come up with this list of places, but you can only trust those reviews so much, as they all were rated rather well, so I figured if anyone on this board had any firsthand experience, it would be more valuable.

As for the waiting thing. I want to see a place before I sign a lease, even if it means I will be living in a motel for a short period of time. I just got the job offer like two weeks ago, so I really wasn't expecting a move out West.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterj3033 View Post
As for the waiting thing. I want to see a place before I sign a lease, even if it means I will be living in a motel for a short period of time. I just got the job offer like two weeks ago, so I really wasn't expecting a move out West.
A very wise approach, Monster . . . even dumps look great in brochures and ads.

If you are happy with an apartment in a large complex, you shouldn't have any problems finding a decent home. Whenever I drive around the Tucson Mall or the Foothills Mall areas I am amazed at the number of large "special deal" banners advertising apartments.

Without more information, especially where you will be employed, it is kinda tough to suggest or recommend a particular place. Remember, commuting in Tucson is a booger.

Good Luck

Old 07-29-2009, 01:52 PM

643 posts, read 2,054,427 times
I thought the reviews on Google and other websites WERE firsthand experience (except for those super fake ones you see on Google sometimes).

Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 PM

47 posts, read 171,514 times
i'm doing the same thing. moving in less than a week, but job is paying for hotel for 2 weeks while we find a place..
we were gonna just do lots of online research & go by reviews, but it's just too hard to do that without actually seeing it first.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM

Spaghetti,

I just moved in to an apartment in the Sonoran Terraces two days ago. So far so good, although it seems to cater to a somewhat older demographic. I was primarily looking for places in the Northwest of Tucson, and also checked out Altamira and Sun River Apartments. Altamira also seemed like a very nice place. I would suggest looking up reviews on ApartmentRatings.com to come up with a shortlist of places to check out once you've arrived in town, and then calling each of them a day or two before, to check if they have the apartment type you are looking for, and then checking them out. All of the ones I saw were friendly, and would have allowed move-in withing two days or so.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,252,738 times
Just jumping in here, I don't know anything about AR, but I agree you MUST actually see the place before signing a lease. A website can make any dump look good, we recently looked at some properties that looked so good on the website we were tempted to lease sight unseen, but made the investment to actually visit, what a dump, we were actually afraid to get out of the car, looked like a slum low-income housing, rented for $1300/month, horrible, they advertised heavily in out of state publications hoping someone would be in a hurry to move and take it sight unseen. Unfortunately many do. Never judge a book by its cover!

On the other hand, I just met someone online who was moving to my area, her employer was putting her up at an apt, she was leery, I drove by and checked it out, it was fine, so, if you can''t actually travel to the site try to find someone in the area,many people are "good hearted" and will do so just to help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson