Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:59 PM

174 posts, read 450,379 times

Advertisements

The Occupy Tulsa is trying to get off the ground. See their page on Facebook for more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERISAjunkie View Post
The Occupy Tulsa is trying to get off the ground. See their page on Facebook for more info.
Thanks for the info, I will try to make it to their next event. Tired of Wall Street BS and no counter voice to the tea party.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Occupy Tulsa*|*

www.occupytogether.org

You can look for the Tulsa page on occupytogether.

There will be a march this Saturday in solidarity with the Oct. 15 international Occupy solidarity events. It will start at the BOK. I think on Denver Ave. It doesn't look like details have been uploaded to the site yet. You can also find them on facebook. There is a map of the planned march on the facebook group. I would insert the link but fb is blocked from my work computer.

I attended part of the planning meeting this last Saturday held at Newblock Park. There were people of all ages present.

Come join us.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Smart move, specifically asking the Tea Partiers to join.

Everybody is mad at the way things are going, this doesn't have to be a partisan left/right thing.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Smart move, specifically asking the Tea Partiers to join.

Everybody is mad at the way things are going, this doesn't have to be a partisan left/right thing.

How true! I' ve attended Tea Party events here in Morristown NJ and in DC. I work a couple of blocks away from OWS and have stood with them. The politicians and the media are trying to divide people. The overarching point is that the middle class and the poor have been shafted and people are waking up. TPTB are trying to make people out to be radical lunatics on both the so called right and left- they're not.

It's about jobs. It's about looking forward to a better tomorrow. It's about hard work being rewarded. Remember we've got to all hang together or we'll certainly all hang separately.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,107 times
sitting around in children's costumes without bathing is the best way to find a job.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
sitting around in children's costumes without bathing is the best way to find a job.
Teakboat:

I hear you. It's what these people represent that matters. There is a financial mess heading right for us. No person will be spared. We're not so secure as we may think.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM

641 posts, read 1,073,107 times
I feel much contempt for the big eastern banks. I almost sympathize with the protesters. However, I think that those people are mostly a group of needy, lazy hippies.

I would like to see a more specific, coherent message.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
I feel much contempt for the big eastern banks. I almost sympathize with the protesters. However, I think that those people are mostly a group of needy, lazy hippies.

I would like to see a more specific, coherent message.
Me too. The people in the park are a bit ripe. No argument there. I wish they had a more coherent message as well. I give them big credit, as I do a lot of Tea Party people, for standing up.

Best Wishes.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Everybody that attending the demostration make sure that you upload some pictures....my regards howest2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: