Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times

Advertisements

If you are anything like me you really miss the fun things you did as a kid that have disappeared. My number one heart breaking loss was Bell's Amusement Park! I think the people who made the decision to let this go away should be strung up by their toes and let the citizens publicly give them a piece of their own minds or more. What idiots would close down the greatest bit of historic fun still enjoyed by many locals and visitors to Tulsa alike! Greed is what I heard has done in this Tulsa icon for good!!! I can remember going there as far back as I can remember and there is no way the state fair is half as good with out it. I had gone to the TSF every year until Bell's when I turned 33 and have not been back since! And won't be going either. What if history decided the "Mona Lisa" wasn't making enough money in tourism? Should we throw it away? Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty? What will be next. You sad little greedy politicians who made this decision make me sick! And sad...... Donna E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM

620 posts, read 1,752,385 times
Hey Donna -
You have a call on line 2....... Dr. Phil wants you to appear on his show.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM

22 posts, read 53,551 times
Honestly, they could have chosen either Bell's or Big Splash to turn into a water park. And Big Splash stinks compared to Bells so why they didn't doze that place instead is beyond me. Bell's was cool, small but cool.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Default Donna You Need To Start A Grass Root Drive To Fund A New Bells Amusement Park

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Eastin View Post
If you are anything like me you really miss the fun things you did as a kid that have disappeared. My number one heart breaking loss was Bell's Amusement Park! I think the people who made the decision to let this go away should be strung up by their toes and let the citizens publicly give them a piece of their own minds or more. What idiots would close down the greatest bit of historic fun still enjoyed by many locals and visitors to Tulsa alike! Greed is what I heard has done in this Tulsa icon for good!!! I can remember going there as far back as I can remember and there is no way the state fair is half as good with out it. I had gone to the TSF every year until Bell's when I turned 33 and have not been back since! And won't be going either. What if history decided the "Mona Lisa" wasn't making enough money in tourism? Should we throw it away? Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty? What will be next. You sad little greedy politicians who made this decision make me sick! And sad...... Donna E.
Donna You Need To Start A Grass Root Drive To Fund A New Bells Amusement Park " only the
400,000 everyday people of Tulsa " reaching into theirs pockets to pay for a Bells Amusement
comeback is going to bring Bells Amusement back from the grave.

If the good people of Tulsa really cared as you do they would not have allow Bells to fail and
go under in the first place.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
I bet kids these days would rather stay at home and play video games than go to a place like Bell's.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM

22 posts, read 53,551 times
I wonder how much it would cost to build a new bells. I remember them saying that to rebuild the zingo would be over a million. It would take a lot.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM

529 posts, read 1,651,360 times
Bell's is at the Saturday Tulsa Flea Market. They have a few rides set up and I believe they are planning on expanding and possibly finding a permanant location.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:29 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
Bell's is at the Saturday Tulsa Flea Market. They have a few rides set up and I believe they are planning on expanding and possibly finding a permanant location.
Whoa! This is cool news if true (not saying you are lying; just hadn't heard this.)

Yes, I miss Bells. I used to take my daughters there when they were young. I used to go myself when I was young. My father and his brother worked there when they were young.

I miss the Phantasmagoria!

Another thing I miss about Tulsa that some of you might remember: Pennington's Drive In. I used to really love their burgers, fries, shakes and this incredible Black Bottom Pie they made. It was another place that my dad and uncle used to take their girlfriends back in the 50s-early 60s. Just a classic teen hangout joint with some really good food that was mostly really bad for you.

But Tulsa does still have Steve's Sundries, Coney I-Lander and some other places that speak of Old Tulsa.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Default What Ever Happened To The Coweta Oklahoma Bell Site

What Ever Happened To The Coweta Oklahoma Bell Site voters didn't approve the quarter cent Tax Raise?

Wagoner County Voters To Decide Deal On Bell's Amusement Park - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa