Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,422 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of hotel the crowne plaza in tulsa is. I have read some wild reveiws and just want clarification. Also am thinking of moving to Tulsa area and would like a small surburd close to tulsa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
I haven't spent any time at the Crown Plaza in years. When I was there it was a very nice upscale hotel with good restaurants and amenities. It is also downtown, so for most night life you will need transportation. There are a few clubs in the downtown area, but as I live in the country, clubs are not really on my list of things to do, so I have no idea as to their quality or safety.

What is your idea of a small suburb? How long of a commute are you wanting. Do you have kids? if so, how old? what are their activities? What amenities and infrastructure are you interested in?

Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,422 times
I am not looking for club life. I am single professional male looking for quiet suburbia country setting

Old 01-06-2008, 10:20 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
Price range?

Let me know the specifics and I can check MLS for you. I have access to both the Tulsa and OKC mls systems (I am a real estate appraiser) so can do pretty comprehensive search of available houses.

I was reading today that November building permits are up over October permits (in the 650 range) in Tulsa County, so we still have a lot of confidence in our economy. That being said, we are seeing a lot of repos/reo's coming on the market because of the option arms people got into over the past few years, and now that they have started adjusting, and there are no lenders out there willing to lend 100% on inflated appraisals, they are discovering they bought more house than they can afford. consequently there are frequent short sales and discounted houses available. Depending on your level of comfort with home repairs, your credit, your available cash, you can pick up pretty nice homes for a substantially discounted price.

I was looking for a small farm when I bought my place. I picked up ten acres and a 1100 foot house with a good well for under $25,000. It needed (and needs) work, but I used to be a builder so it is a matter of getting the time to complete the projects more than anything else. I've also seen $250,000 McMansions selling for under $200,000 after the bank got them back. Just make sure your financing is in place, and the lender is comfortable with what you are looking for and what you are wanting to do. Finding your dream home is disappointing if you discover there is no one out there willing to lend on it.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM

340 posts, read 1,287,072 times
Crowne Plaza is an upscale downtown hotel. It's pretty middle of the road overall. They are remodeling it currently.

I would suggest researching a suburb and finding a hotel near there.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry1973 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of hotel the crowne plaza in tulsa is. I have read some wild reveiws and just want clarification. Also am thinking of moving to Tulsa area and would like a small surburd close to tulsa.
Hello I'm a Afro-American Tulsan Californian Transplant that lived in Tulsa from 1954-1976 and 1988-1990 , the Crowne Plaza is a Resort Hotel so that says it all doesn't it, the concierge should be able to fill you in on all eating establishments and club and or sights of interest in and around the downtown Tulsa area, and internet real estate sigths abound on the NET....follow my Links Below For The Crowne Plaza....

www.chotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel-directory/oklahoma/tulsa (broken link)

www.chotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/tu//cp?_requestid=253411 (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,441 times
I just stayed at the Crowne last week for one night. They are in the middle of a MAJOR remodel. They have a make shift check in table and make shift bar with meals being served in a conference room.

The rooms are quiet, nice, and clean. However, there is virtually no "real' dining experience or bar. There is a Starbucks which is a necessity when you don't have anything else. Location is convenient to downtown, but you will have to drive to get to restaraunts and night life.

The roads around the Crowne are also a nightmare due to the construction of the new arena.

I am sure the Crowne Plaza will be a super nice luxery hotel once the remodel is complete. Right now, it is in the middle of chaos. It was fine for one night. But wouldn't recommend it for any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: