Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 07:32 PM

32 posts, read 103,265 times

Advertisements

Since my family and I are moving out there this summer, I was looking at the school requirements and noticed the Hepatitis A vaccine is necessary for the kids to get into the schools. Here in Florida and all of the East Coast, this is not the case. Should adults get this vaccination also? Are there outbreaks of this? I'm glad I looked this up as I can imagine showing up to enroll my kids and they haven't been immunized yet for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 04:50 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
It's a safety precaution for the kids in school, I suppose. However, I wouldn't worry about it as an adult.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
It is recommended for kids in many western states. Here is a link:

Hepatitis A for Children - Keep Kids Healthy

Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM

34 posts, read 120,878 times
I have 5 children. All have lived and attended Jenks schools exclusively. I've never heard of this Hepatitis A vaccine requirement. However, my children are not vaccinated for anything. We have religious and personal reasons for opting out. Before I would allow any type of injection to be given to my children, I would know every possible side effect and potential or known risks. That's just me. If there was no way to opt out of this vaccination issue, I would home school. No one will force me to do anything that I feel is unsafe for one of my children. Parents have bought into this whole vaccination scam without doing their homework. It is one of my pet peaves. We don't even vaccinate puppies until they are 6 weeks old because we know that the antibodies they have received from their mother are adequate protection and will even attack the vaccine without forming additional antibodies. We also know that the immune system is immature and can not adequately respond to the invasion of foreign proteins in large quantities. If we know this about puppies, do we know it about humans? Absolutely!!

Read the following:
The United States legal standard applied to vaccines defines them as "unavoidably unsafe products that are quite incapable of being made safe for their intended and ordinary use". The reason why vaccines are unsafe, or in other words harmful, is because they are made up of chemicals and other elements that are poisonous to the body. [/SIZE]
Some of these chemicals and elements include formaldehyde which is commonly used to embalm corpses and is a known carcinogen (capable of causing cancer), thiomersal, a derivative of mercury which is a toxic heavy metal, aluminium phosphate which is a toxin used in deodorants. Other toxic ingredients include phenol (carbolic acid), alum (a preservative), and acetone which is a volatile solvent used in fingernail polish remover.
Vaccines contain not only poisonous chemicals but also foreign proteins such as chick embryo, calf serum, rabbit brain tissue and monkey kidney cells. These foreign proteins can trigger numerous allergic and inflammatory reactions and can produce anaphylactic shock in susceptible infants.
When these vaccine ingredients enter the child's bloodstream (either through injection or taken orally), the child's body will take immediate action to eliminate these poisons either through the normal organs of elimination or through acute reactions such as fever, swelling or skin rashes. As long as these latter reactions are not suppressed through drugs, it is possible for the child's body to successfully eliminate these vaccine poisons thereby ensuring that no long term damage will occur.
However, should the child have insufficient vitality to mount an eliminative reaction, or should the eliminative reaction (fever, swelling, skin rash) be suppressed with drugs, then the vaccine poisons will be retained within the body's tissues. It is the retention of these vaccine poisons, which in susceptible infants, can trigger or at least contribute to the development of illnesses such as juvenile diabetes, autism, asthma, neurological disorders, leukaemia and even cot deaths.
In many children, the retention of vaccine poisons within the body may not cause any acute or noticeable symptoms, but it will cause a lowering of the child's vitality, which in turn, weakens and impairs it's intellectual, creative and imaginative powers, it's physical energy and strength, and all of its internal metabolic functions and immune activities. What this means is that the child will operate at a level well below its true potential.The toxic build-up within the child's body and the subsequent depletion of its vitality through vaccines, drugs, fluoridated water, food additives, pesticide residues, atmospheric pollutants, electromagnetic radiation and other adverse factors in the lifestyle makes the child more susceptible to chronic disease at an earlier age, and it's worth noting that the dramatic rise in childhood cancer, autism, juvenile diabetes, asthma and neurological disorders over the past fifty years, has directly coincided with the era of drugs, vaccines and chemical poisons in our food, water and environment.

I am not an alarmist. I am a nurse and well read.

Last edited by writerathome; 01-27-2008 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: http://www.vaccinationdebate.com/web5.html

Old 01-27-2008, 09:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
You can opt out of having your children vaccinated in Oklahoma. I think all you do is sign a form.

I'm sure glad we have the polio vaccine though. So many of my classmates and family were affected by that disease. Not to mention the fear of rubella or German measles during pregnancy. Both of those have been wiped out in this country because of the vaccines.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 PM

32 posts, read 103,265 times
My kids have had every other vaccine for Florida schools without any problems, so I plan on doing the Hep A for their own protection as that disease seems widespread out that way. Thanks for the input on all sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: