Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:19 AM

27 posts, read 24,564 times

Advertisements

Looking for good housing communities in greater Tulsa area that are commutable to Bartlesville. Key factors are outstanding schools, newer homes and entertainment/shopping nearby. I believe this will give us urban and open minded communities by default. Looking forward to making OK home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 12:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
I gather the housing and shopping in Bartlesville suck big time.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 AM

436 posts, read 579,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebound12 View Post
Looking for good housing communities in greater Tulsa area that are commutable to Bartlesville. Key factors are outstanding schools, newer homes and entertainment/shopping nearby. I believe this will give us urban and open minded communities by default. Looking forward to making OK home.
Homebound12 what is your price range, are you going to rent or buy? What size home are you looking for?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexanTea View Post
Homebound12 what is your price range, are you going to rent or buy? What size home are you looking for?
Looking to buy a single family home. Price range $200K-$300K. 4 BRs, 2000+ sq ft, home built in last 10 years.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:47 PM

Any more opinions?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebound12 View Post
Looking to buy a single family home. Price range $200K-$300K. 4 BRs, 2000+ sq ft, home built in last 10 years.
There are several communities in Owasso in that price range where you can have a home built or buy an existing home less than 10 years old. I don't live in that area so I can't make a lot of personal recommendations as far as neighborhoods. I do know that Owasso is growing and they are putting a lot more shopping and restaurants up there.

Unfortunately City-Data in Oklahoma is not as busy as in posting traffic as some other states. You might be able to find some information in local Owasso and Collinsville Facebook groups.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:24 PM

62 posts, read 103,997 times
I have lived in Owasso for 30 + years and it is a great community. Not small rural town anymore but more like a small town with all the amenities available now. No need to go-to Tulsa that much except if you work there. You can find housing in all price ranges and it is all quite affordable compared to many other areas of the country. If you can find what you want in Rogers County as opposed to Tulsa County, the property taxes are much lower. Would not live in Tulsa again,. In fact Owasso is about to get too large for me but a great place to raise a family like I did. A lot of housing on larger lots if that's what you like. We even had horses.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 AM

125 posts, read 213,065 times
Something I feel that's very important you might want to consider is location within Owasso. As mentioned, it's growing quickly. Also, Bartlesville is not (I grew up there and loved it, but the job opportunities are no longer there like they used to be). So, lots of people commute from Owasso and other areas.

Look into neighborhoods in the West side of Owasso near Highway 75 (your commute route). I rented on that side of town and it was quite easy from the Bailey Ranch area. The mistake I made about 7 years ago was to buy over on the east side of Owasso because of a great deal. It takes me half my commute to get to the highway. Don't worry, you can get the same quality of house on either side.

You won't find interesting houses, as they are pretty generic (including mine). This is normal of a town that is growing as fast as Owasso is. The quality can suffer, as they go up really quick. The agents won't try to sell you an old house though, those would be in Tulsa proper or Bartlesville, older communities with established neighborhoods. It looks like what you want would be really easy to find. There are three that fit your criteria on my block, but as mentioned that extra 15 minutes to get across town would start to drive you insane lol.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Citi-data says 81.1% both live and work in Bartlesville, so many people are having to tolerate living under such circumstances.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Citi-data says 81.1% both live and work in Bartlesville, so many people are having to tolerate living under such circumstances.
If the OP doesn't want to live in Bartlesville why should they even consider it? The housing market in Bartlesville is going to be depressed for a while after Siemens leaves. Owasso is a much better investment if you are going to purchase a home from an appreciation/resell standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa