Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 PM

32 posts, read 103,170 times

Advertisements

Just moved here last week. Before we came, my husband ordered broadband Internet service and was advised the modem would be shipped within a few days. Never received it. Called again last week and was told they would Fed Ex the modem so we would receive it by today. Nothing came. I called Windstream and after being on hold for eternity was told it would arrive on Wednesday. I said there was no excuse for such horrendous service and I demanded the modem be shipped one-day Fed Ex for tomorrow. Again, put on eternal hold and then I demanded a supervisor. After hearing some suspicious accents, I asked if I was calling India. Sure enough, I was. I hung up. Called Cox Communications and spoke to a very nice rep HERE in Broken Arrow who said my modem would arrive Wednesday. I KNOW it will now because they are located here. She told me that she heard Windstream was offshoring alot of their help desk functions. How does this company survive with such horrible customer service??? We have their phone service, but that seems okay. We had one hiccup where the caller ID and call waiting weren't activated but they fixed that immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn47 View Post
Just moved here last week. Before we came, my husband ordered broadband Internet service and was advised the modem would be shipped within a few days. Never received it. Called again last week and was told they would Fed Ex the modem so we would receive it by today. Nothing came. I called Windstream and after being on hold for eternity was told it would arrive on Wednesday. I said there was no excuse for such horrendous service and I demanded the modem be shipped one-day Fed Ex for tomorrow. Again, put on eternal hold and then I demanded a supervisor. After hearing some suspicious accents, I asked if I was calling India. Sure enough, I was. I hung up. Called Cox Communications and spoke to a very nice rep HERE in Broken Arrow who said my modem would arrive Wednesday. I KNOW it will now because they are located here. She told me that she heard Windstream was offshoring alot of their help desk functions. How does this company survive with such horrible customer service??? We have their phone service, but that seems okay. We had one hiccup where the caller ID and call waiting weren't activated but they fixed that immediately.
My son is an installer for Cox andhe says they get a lot of the Windstream telephone, internet business. Broken Arrow was originally a mediocre performing Sprint area. Then some outfit out of New Mexico bought it and made it worse. Now Windstream is trying to ensure the success of Cox and ATT.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
My son is an installer for Cox andhe says they get a lot of the Windstream telephone, internet business. Broken Arrow was originally a mediocre performing Sprint area. Then some outfit out of New Mexico bought it and made it worse. Now Windstream is trying to ensure the success of Cox and ATT.
Way back when I lived in the BA phone exchange it was GTE. Not much has changed as far as customer service in the area I see.

I'm not real big on AT&T here either (they jacked my bill up so bad when I cancelled their DSL service that I've had to append letters to my credit record because they've sent collectors to me for 29 dollars that I've documented to them I paid). I've had not one single problem with Cox. As a matter of fact, I like them so much I have their triple-play bundle (HSI, phone, digitial cable) and have had for about three years now.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times
I have had Windstream for quite some time and they are awful. GTE was worse briefly when we had them. I wish I could get AT&T but you know that ain't gonna happen.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times
Buy your own cable modem, that way you won't pay a monthly rental charge! They have cool wireless cable modems now too, you won't get those from your cable provider.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 17,191 times
I am in BA and I can tell you to stay away from Windstream as much as possible for anything. All that happened is the company changed its name but not the service. I have Cox all the way for communications and LOVE IT!! Windstream or Valor or GTE, whatever it is, is absolutely terrible!!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Cable Internet is the way to go in my opinion. DSL is not consistent, or any type of RF transmission and especially satellite. However, if all you can get are those options, then a person has to do what a person has to do. But cable is far superior to the other options.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:06 PM

32 posts, read 103,170 times
Got my Cox Internet going today and love it. It is really fast and consistent. We may go with their HD as we got one small flat screen for the den. What a difference in service between them and Windstream. Does anyone have Cox's phone service? Thinking of bundling that in. Windstream keeps dropping my caller ID and call waiting features!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:50 AM

330 posts, read 970,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn47 View Post
Got my Cox Internet going today and love it. It is really fast and consistent. We may go with their HD as we got one small flat screen for the den. What a difference in service between them and Windstream. Does anyone have Cox's phone service? Thinking of bundling that in. Windstream keeps dropping my caller ID and call waiting features!
I have the triple bundle from Cox and everything works fine. With the HD, we signed up and the HD service came free of charge with the DVR. No problems to report. I did talk to customer service to have my installation rescheduled and it wasn't a problem. Of course, the person I talked to was located in OKC and not some far off foreign land, so that might have something to do with it.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
......the person I talked to was located in OKC and not some far off foreign land, so that might have something to do with it.
Did they speak Tulsan or did they have an accent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: