Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:51 PM

441 posts, read 2,108,411 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything abour Broken Arrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 AM

74 posts, read 260,328 times
What do you want to KNOW about BA?

Old 03-23-2007, 05:50 PM

What the city is like as far as crime, traffic flow, affordable housing (in the $160k range), shopping, general feel of the area.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 AM

11 posts, read 42,685 times
There is virtually no crime in Broken Arrow and the housing is very affordable. You should have no problem with your price range. The only thing I do not really like about Broken Arrow is that its development seems to be kind of patchwork. There are nice new subdivisions, but there right next to older run down neighborhoods. There is one spot of half-million dollar homes right next to old duplexes. For some reason, Broken Arrow has a strong commitment to letting the wooden perimeter fences of their neighborhoods rot and fall apart. That's the strongest impression I have of Broken Arrow; crapped out fences. A lot of the older neighborhoods are just not taken care of and have become an eyesore. As far as shopping, you will have pretty much everything you need nearby and besides, you can drive anywhere in Tulsa in less than 15 minutes. Certain areas of BA will have more traffic, but none that I would be concerned about.

For reference, I live on the Jenks/Union border (west of Broken Arrow) most notably referred to as south Tulsa.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the input. I am familiar with Jenks as I attended ORU in the 1980's. Jenks is very nice -- small town feel but in a large city. I have not been to Tulsa since 1993 and we are considering moving back. Our biggest concern is neighborhood covenants. I hope I don't sound like a redneck who wants to keep a couple of broken down cars in the yard, etc., that's not it at all. We just want to be able to enjoy our home without getting every plant approved by a board.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 PM

11 posts, read 42,685 times
The great thing about Jenks is that they have completed a huge portion (and are continuing to build) of an area called Riverwalk just across the Arkansas River bridge on 95th street. Don't know if you've seen it yet being out of Tulsa for years, but it was a privately funded development that has been tremendously successful. There are restaurants and shops and a movie theater and an aquarium and much more on the way. Very nice little area, especially in the spring and summer when there is often lots of people at the patio bar at the mexican restaurant and there are often free concerts in the pavilion. I live two miles from it and love having it nearby. The area is great in that it has several amenities, but traffic is still lite.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:33 PM

77 posts, read 523,917 times
I have many friends in Jenks (tulsa)- i just came back and actually saw the riverwalk/ nice-just needs to develop with time. My friend lives in a new development and it seems to be sprawling-he believes the broken arrow part of tulsa is really nice(older homes w/character) when compared to jenks. The Oklahoma Aquarium will unfortunately be a little dissappointing. It costs 16 bucks to get in- great for kids. But a very small structure for a prestigious name like The Oklahoma Aquarium(i had to see it considering i have coral tanks) . It kinda looks like a part of a racetrack. My buddy isnt so impressed with it either. I wouldnt worry so much about the move to ttown(they dont have a posse looking for new residents).lol

Old 03-31-2007, 04:18 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Broken Arrow is a decent place. I lived there years ago and liked it quite a bit. Crime is low and they are making improvements to the infrastructure in the area. The Jenks Riverwalk is very nice and the Oklahoma Acquarium is in a great area that is very much on the upswing. Very impressive and a must visit if you're in Tulsa.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
I lived in Broken Arrow in the early-mid 1990's. Alot of development has happened since then. Basically the town is nice, low crime, convienent to everything. As an FYI, the town is VERY conservative, politically and religiously.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 PM

So Broken Arrow is the place to live for someone who is a white, born-again Republican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa