Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,500 times

Advertisements

Ok. Im moving to Tulsa and looooove fireworks. When I was a kid they were illegal in New York but were readily available and the cops did not give anyone grief for shooting them off. Now I live in AZ which they are illegal. When I get to Tulsa i cannot wait to go shopping for fireworks!

It is my understanding that they go on sale in OK a week or two before the fourth as well as new years?

A couple questions...

What are the best/biggest stores/tents to buy fireworks?

Can they actually be shot off in Tulsa. The state laws seemed unclear when i checked? I thought you could only shoot them in certain areas?

Since fireworks are legal a portion of the year in Oklahoma are the cops a little more relaxed about enforcement?

Being the avid fireworks lover I am i have a feeling I am going to have some left overs... Is it illegal to have them in your hands after the specified allowable purchase/shoot dates?

I contacted the state regarding these questions and never heard a word back...

Anyone an Oklahoma firework fan that can give me the inside scoop?

Thanks! Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,396 times
Nope, there are no laws about keeping fireworks. I know I was surprised about all that too. I used to live in PA, now it's been 3 years we live in Tulsa. I always love watching and shooting fireworks. I made a proposal with fireworks shooting, it was in a keystone park where it even said "no fireworks", and still no1 came to say something about that. I'm having a wedding in 30 days, and looking for some fireworks, but can't find any. Do you know where I could get some. my email is timler@gmail.com
Maybe I could buy some from you? If you have some that you would sell write me an email. Thanks. Tim.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroluke14 View Post
Ok. Im moving to Tulsa and looooove fireworks. When I was a kid they were illegal in New York but were readily available and the cops did not give anyone grief for shooting them off. Now I live in AZ which they are illegal. When I get to Tulsa i cannot wait to go shopping for fireworks!

It is my understanding that they go on sale in OK a week or two before the fourth as well as new years?

A couple questions...

What are the best/biggest stores/tents to buy fireworks?

Can they actually be shot off in Tulsa. The state laws seemed unclear when i checked? I thought you could only shoot them in certain areas?

Since fireworks are legal a portion of the year in Oklahoma are the cops a little more relaxed about enforcement?

Being the avid fireworks lover I am i have a feeling I am going to have some left overs... Is it illegal to have them in your hands after the specified allowable purchase/shoot dates?

I contacted the state regarding these questions and never heard a word back...

Anyone an Oklahoma firework fan that can give me the inside scoop?

Thanks! Mike
There is a Fireworks megastore on south I-35 before you get to the Texas line.

From my experience, the cops are pretty relaxed with it. Stay out of plain site with the fireworks in public and just be careful not to start any fires (it can be very dry at times here in the South-Central) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:19 PM

340 posts, read 1,286,788 times
Different towns have different rules. You can't in the city of Tulsa but some areas like BA let you do it for a small fee (like $20). Outside of city limits you can fire them at will.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
Different towns have different rules. You can't in the city of Tulsa but some areas like BA let you do it for a small fee (like $20). Outside of city limits you can fire them at will.
I think the license to shoot them is $25 in Bixby....

Also I believe they go on sale June 15 of each year... The biggest place to buy them is the Castle in Muskogee... If you want the better items that aren't legal in Oklahoma then you need to take a short trip across the border into Missouri where you can still get bottle rockets and other cheap thrills they have outlawed in Oklahoma... just don't get caught the fine is about $200 for having them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: